You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
#1 5 years ago

Hello -

I'm having issues with a newly acquired Judge Dredd machine and am also relatively new to doing any pin work myself and I could use some help with trouble shooting my issue. Overall, the machine I got is in relatively very nice condition, except the solenoids. The right shooter, L/R ball popper and drop target do not fire during self test or during game play. I made sure to activate the +/- 50VDC operator's switch when coin door was open, to ensure high power, but still to no avail. I don't want to go blindly changing the coils, as from the Solenoid table, it sure looks all of these are related. Can someone help me with interpreting the Solenoid/Flasher Table? This could be as simple as a blown fuse, but I don't quite know which fuse would be the culprit. Every solenoid on the +50VDC J107-3 is not working. That connector actually looks pretty good and I don't see any obvious issues. Should I disconnect the board and check for corrosion or debris?

Thanks so much in advance!
Justin

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2 5 years ago

I spent a while longer on this issue and replaced the F105 Fuse, which has fixed the problem. That was a complete oversight on my part. One question I have is why the Globe Arm and Motor worked despite the fuse having been blown. From the diagram, they are on a different connector, but the solenoid still goes through the F105 fuse... Anyway, main issue resolved, but I would still appreciate a response to why a blown fuse still allowed Sol 4 and Sol 6 to function as normal.

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-solenoid-issues and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.