Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by mbwalker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

I have a Judge Dredd that appears to be fully working. The issue is with the shooter coil firing multiple times instead of just once in a multiball or ball search scenario. So if you play just regular and launch the ball it will fire the coil one time and launch the ball. But in a multi-ball (6 ball on Super Game) or if the game is doing a ball search it will machine gun the coil (very, very fast not like you are holding the shooter lane switch down) usually just twice but sometimes 3 or 4 or more times and I don't know what the issue is. Anyone know what this issue is? I'm running L-7 ROM and no mods.

#2 4 years ago

Shooter lane switch sticking down or getting hit by the plunger ?

LTG : )

#3 4 years ago

It’s not the shooter lane switch. I both held it closed and open during firing of the coil. If held down it will do a double firing but not super fast like it is doing right now.

#4 4 years ago

Anybody with a judge dredd running the L-7 rom? When I put the L-1 rom in these symptoms disappear. Just want to verify this is a problem with my machine not a ROM code issue. The triple and quadruple coil firings are gone. Now it’s just a quick double firing sometimes on ball searches and multiball launches from the shooter coil in quick succession.
I have installed a different driver board and MPU board and the symptoms are the same. Only thing that made it go away was installing L-1 rom.

#5 4 years ago
Quoted from ekthoren:

Anybody with a judge dredd running the L-7 rom? When I put the L-1 rom in these symptoms disappear. Just want to verify this is a problem with my machine not a ROM code issue. The triple and quadruple coil firings are gone. Now it’s just a quick double firing sometimes on ball searches and multiball launches from the shooter coil in quick succession.
I have installed a different driver board and MPU board and the symptoms are the same. Only thing that made it go away was installing L-1 rom.

No issues w/L-7

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-shooter-coil-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.