This has been a project for a long time (Pretty much like most of my projects) but with the Covid19 isolation restrictions going on i'm finally getting some spare time to start on it again.
I bought a JD cabinet with a partially populated playfield years ago when i stupidly jumped on ebay after being at the pub for a while
It was in solid but average condition and missing legs and all boards. I really enjoy the game and as someone who read a lot of 2000AD while in my teens it was a pinball i always had to have. Over the years i purchased bit and pieces as they came up and eventually picked up everything (I think) that i needed to rebuild it.
The cabinet was completely stripped, painted and new decals were applied. I've never been a big fan of the way they mixed gold, silver and black for the various trim so decided the legs, lockdown bar, siderails and hinges should be all one colour. I was tempted to go with brass and clear coat over the top due to another one i saw here but in the end decided to go with all black. I also painted the transformer with heat proof black paint. I think it turned out pretty well.
i picked up a spare playfield and had that restored and clear coated by a very skilled local. Very happy with the results.
While stripping the playfield i did unfortunately find a couple of broken metal guides and a small wireform. I also discovered that the deadworld motor is not sealed properly so it will be interesting to see what needs to happen there.
I also picked up the art blades, stainless steel crane, reproduction eagle topper as well as the cooling tower mod from ragefactory. The plastics vary in condition from ok to crap. I did pick up a set of the pinball center plastics but they quality is not very good. Images lack detail and the colours are wrong. So i may need to give it a shot at making my own. That will definitely be further down the track.
I still have a way to go to get it done in between kids, work and study but it's moving in the right direction.