Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Nuts.jpg
th.jpeg
#1 10 years ago

Kind of embarrassed to post this but I must. I am finishing up the restoration of a Bally Judge Dredd, which has taken me two years to complete, but had to move the parts around from room to room due to family needs. Consequently, I lost track of the location where 12 identical #6 nuts go and now have these left over having reinstalled everything else. The nuts were definitely from underneath the playfield but I cannot see them on any of the many photos that I took. However, I only took photos of under the playfield AFTER I had removed most of the items from the top of the playfield.

This is my first major restore and rebuild and I have definitely learnt my lesson to bag and label everything and to photograph extensively BEFORE removing anything.

The nuts in question are small #6, and of the standard, non-locking, variety. I believe they came from around the top end of the playfield (i.e. somewhere under the Deadworld I believe but I could be wrong it was so long ago that I removed them). If anyone can shed any light on where these nuts go I would be most grateful.

#2 10 years ago

Can't help I'm afraid but I'm sure it's happened to most. Could be worse things left over!

#3 10 years ago

The rules say that you'll have to start over. You'll go completely insane worrying about them if you don't.

(You might also check some of the posts extending under the playfield in your pics. Sometimes there may have been nuts securing the post to the playfield underneath and they can get left off when it doesn't really look like they are necessary)

- Don

#4 10 years ago

Maybe they are the ones that lock in the flipper bushings? The screws that hold the bushings are backed up on the plate by these. The problem is that you would need to look on the backside of the plate.

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Maybe they are the ones that lock in the flipper bushings? The screws that hold the bushings are backed up on the plate by these. The problem is that you would need to look on the backside of the plate.

That was my thought.

#6 10 years ago

"Nuts"

th.jpegth.jpeg

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I think that's correct. There are 3 nuts like that on each flipper assembly, so 12 in total on a JD.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-gZ81KfmXHjg/TNXIFxjb5dI/AAAAAAAAF10/G1F6gPMLvzw/w471-h708-no/DSC_0433.JPG

#9 10 years ago

Wow - thanks for the help. That must be it, i.e. for the flipper bushing screws. Better to know now than have the screws come loose later on.

Damn, now I have to completely remove my flipper assemblies. Would have been a lot easier when I had the playfield out on the rotisserie, i.e. yesterday - now it's in the cabinet. Oh well - here we go.....

Thanks for all the help. Now all I have to do is figure out where some of the other left over screws go - lol.

#10 10 years ago

Put a little blue loctite on them while you are reinstalling. All the screws that go into the flipper baseplate get blue loctite.

#11 10 years ago

Done - nuts are now in place behind the flipper bushings along with some blue thread lock. Very grateful for the help.

@diesel64 - thanks for the superb array of photos - they'll complement my set nicely and who knows may help me identify a few places for my left over screws

#12 10 years ago

You're welcome.

#13 10 years ago

So, lets see some pics of the restore ) Dredd rules!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

So, lets see some pics of the restore ) Dredd rules!

seconded

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-rebuild-nuts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.