Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by marioparty34
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

I am getting a credit dot on my early production machine that has the deadworld mod on L1 rom. The error message says switch 61 global position 1. In fact, I can't find switch 61 to even test it. So maybe someone can help me just with that first. Lol. The game plays just fine, but the dot bothers me.

Any suggestions on how to eliminate the dot?

Thanks!

#2 1 year ago

Switch 61 is "Globe position 1". It's a opto board under the playfield, that sense the position of the globe. Maybe the opto, opto board or the interuptor is broken. You also get this point if a switch wasn't actuated for 90 balls. You will get rid of the point if you go to test-switch edges and manually actuate the switch (if it works) , but in this case when it's a position switch of a motor, I'll guess it's something else that happened.

#3 1 year ago

There is a globe test in diags. Run that and if it passes, your credit dot may go away.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from phishrace:

There is a globe test in diags. Run that and if it passes, your credit dot may go away.

I tried this. When I run it, the two switches it checks is 77 and 62. It would have been awesome if it checked for 61. Thanks.

#5 1 year ago
Quoted from Classe:

Switch 61 is "Globe position 1". It's a opto board under the playfield, that sense the position of the globe. Maybe the opto, opto board or the interuptor is broken. You also get this point if a switch wasn't actuated for 90 balls. You will get rid of the point if you go to test-switch edges and manually actuate the switch (if it works) , but in this case when it's a position switch of a motor, I'll guess it's something else that happened.

Is there anyway you can send me a pic of where opto 61 is located? What do I have to remove from underneath to get to it? I looked without removing anything and can't see it at all. I really would appreciate it.

#6 1 year ago

Apparently there is some confusion in diagnostics regarding switch 61. From an old post on RGP:

'Got it figured out. I took the opto board under the Deadworld and cleaned
both optos with a Q-tip and it works fine. Just a little speck of dirt on
the opto to cause grief for the last hour of my life. No biggie. It shows
up as switch 61 in the switch test mode but during the planet test it shows
it as switch 62. There must have been some more last minute changes in
production at Williams because I also noticed in the manual that the switch
32 is not used but in fact it is being used for the ramp entrance. Ok, back
to playing now.

#7 1 year ago

And to help further clarify...

'At the bottom of the planet shaft, just above the gearbox, there is a
board with two optos on it. The optos read a ring with two slots; the
slots are arranged so that the optos read them one just after the
other. The system tries to position the planet precisely using these.
If one is bad, it still works - but the ball stop location may be less
inaccurate.

You either have a bad opto, or a bad joint, or just dirt. You can just
about work the board out without stripping the mechanism, or even
loosening the opto ring. i pulled the housing off of one of mine, made
it much easier to put it back and it is dark enough and the slit small
enough the you can live without it.'

#8 1 year ago

I was able to pull the board out that houses both optos. Give it a good clean and credit dot gone!

Just for future reference, opto 61/62 is the one located at the 1pm spot on the board.

Shout out to everyone who contributed Steve_in_Escalon , phishrace , Classe !

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside