Topic Stats

• 26 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by nosro
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Whats a good price to pay for a JD?? Not trying to lowball just played it again and I def want one. Im told 1500-1800 and also told up to 2500. Thoughts?? Advice?? Thanks!!!

#2 10 years ago

$1,800 - $2,200 depending on condition. People asking more are probably just wanting profits. Nothing wrong with profits... Just be patient.

#3 10 years ago

Are you thinking about buying the JD in Georgia? Ryan takes good care of his games.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Piparoo:

Are you thinking about buying the JD in Georgia? Ryan takes good care of his games.

No.

#5 10 years ago

So 2 grand is a fair price for both parties involved??

#6 10 years ago

Anything special to look for in those machines?? parts commonly broken or missing??

#7 10 years ago

Broken ramp on the far right where the ball drops.. almost always broken, Cliffy makes a repair part though.. also check the dead world motor, make sure the balls are being picked up and the motor is not too noisy.. those do tend to go.. Average price is around 1800, also see if the dead world mod is installed that adds another 100 or so to the price, also if the topper is included, if not, those are around 200..

#8 10 years ago

Pursuit plastics, on the ramp-entrances.

Cursed Earth plastic, the one behind the 5-drop-targets.

(not easy finds if broken)

#9 10 years ago

We would need to see pictures of the machine to really help with price. In my opinion $2k if it is in fine shape with the topper is probably fair to both parties... not too $$$ but not too cheap either.

Quoted from balboarules:

nd the motor is not too noisy

My motor is too noisy I have been meaning to pull it out, yell at it for motivational purposes and put it back in.

#10 10 years ago

2k is probably a little too high IMO. I've been in some transactions involving nice Dredds for $1,300 - $1,500.

#11 10 years ago

The center drop target on mine gave me fits. Send me a PM if you buy it and that center one isn't working correctly. After 10 hours on it, I consider myself a master of the JD drops.

#12 10 years ago

If you can find a decent JD for $2200 or under you better jump all over it. Some times guys put a high value on their games because they like the game but would be willing to sell for a certain dollar amount. They know they are, probably, going to be out of a game for awhile while they hunt for the next one to fill its spot.

#13 10 years ago

Just picked one up last weekend. No fade, Cointaker LED's, new gold legs, new eagle topper also dead world mod. I paid $2000.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Broken ramp on the far right where the ball drops.. almost always broken, Cliffy makes a repair part though.. also check the dead world motor, make sure the balls are being picked up and the motor is not too noisy.. those do tend to go.. Average price is around 1800, also see if the dead world mod is installed that adds another 100 or so to the price, also if the topper is included, if not, those are around 200..

I checked cliffy's site for the ramp repair part. I don't see it. Can you let me know where it can be found?
Thanks

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from mdclips:

I checked cliffy's site for the ramp repair part. I don't see it. Can you let me know where it can be found?
Thanks

Ramp patch kit and ball eject protectors here: http://passionforpinball.com/dreddpro.htm

I've got both on my game. Highly recommended!

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from ninjadoug:

I've been in some transactions involving nice Dredds for $1,300 - $1,500.

A few years ago, not today.

#18 10 years ago

2k should get you a decent 1 without broken ramps

#19 10 years ago

$2k no fade, topper & dead world better all be there.

#20 10 years ago

Paid 2300 a few months ago nice cab and topper !!!

#21 10 years ago

Thanks. I'll get the ramp patcher and protector!
For my two cents - I looked for a Dredd for a long time before I traded for mine - I think $1800 to $2300 is the range depending on condition. It is a GREAT game.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

A few years ago, not today.

Bought one last month for $1,300.

I generally don't post in these 'what's it worth' threads unless I have some real world, recent evidence to suggest what the range might be.

In addition to buying one for $1,300 last month, I sold an unshopped one for $1,200 less than a year ago. And it sat for a while at that price.

#23 10 years ago

I traded a shopped No Fear with a clearcoated playfield for my Judge Dredd. I posted that on here and people thought I got a steal while others thought the other guy got a steal.

2 weeks later
#24 10 years ago

At the risk of repeating myself, JD is an underrated and an underappeciated pin.
Those that I have seen for sale sub $2k tend to have faded cabinets, missing topper,
and no Deadworld mod. Certain parts for this pin can be extremely hard to find and
that includes an original topper. You can buy a replacement topper for around $200,
but it has a different look from an original if that matters to you. JD playfields tend to
be in pretty decent shape since they were not overplayed back in the day.

I also know from experience that a JD can be a bit of work to get "dialed in", but once
you have it is a nice pin to have in your collection.

I would say a nice, fully functional JD is worth at least $2,300, but that is my opinion.
That is still a heck of a bargain seeing what the average price of a nice pin is these days.

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from HeyYouSir:

At the risk of repeating myself, JD is an underrated and an underappeciated pin.
Those that I have seen for sale sub $2k tend to have faded cabinets, missing topper,
and no Deadworld mod. Certain parts for this pin can be extremely hard to find and
that includes an original topper. You can buy a replacement topper for around $200,
but it has a different look from an original if that matters to you. JD playfields tend to
be in pretty decent shape since they were not overplayed back in the day.
I also know from experience that a JD can be a bit of work to get "dialed in", but once
you have it is a nice pin to have in your collection.
I would say a nice, fully functional JD is worth at least $2,300, but that is my opinion.
That is still a heck of a bargain seeing what the average price of a nice pin is these days.

You summed it up nicely.

#26 10 years ago

Other advice: make sure the crane picks the ball up from the ring and drops the ball properly into the chute on the left. Wear in the crane mechanism can get bad enough to prevent this from working correctly. In a best case, it can be adjusted and tightened back to good operation, but in a worst case, you will need hard to find parts. Also, check the amount of lash (slop) in the deadworld rotating motor. Being able to move the outer edge of the ring a whole inch (while the motor is off) is borderline acceptable.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 85.00

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-price and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.