4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190609_184654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 4 years ago

Which coil is firing? It kind of sounds like the left kick out, but I can't tell from the video.
Also, can you take a picture of the trough board connectors and boards themselves. Stuff like this is fairly common with Super Pins, and is usually due to failed optos and/or bad IDC connectors.

#8 4 years ago

I'd start with testing MPU all of the trough switches are in the same column (#8) which is coming from J207-9.
Disconnect J207 and J209 and power the game up.
Connect an alligator clip to pin 9 on J207 then touch the other end to pins 1-9 on J209 one at a time.
You should get a single beep and the display should tell you which switch just registered.
If you get a double beep you have a problem on the MPU board.
If that test comes back good, I'll have to keep thinking about it some more...

#13 4 years ago

Yakrobat OK. Well looks like the MPU is not the culprit. Could you take some pictures of the trough connectors, and the area around the trough boards. Something is obviously squirrely with the trough...

#16 4 years ago

The 12v supply could be taxed by the color DMD, or there could be a weak solder connection on a repair made. The only times I've seen this type of thing happen on a super pin trough board were due to having a bad connection from the grey yellow wire on the transmit side of the trough board.
If you plug and unplug the connector with the game powered on and in test you get this behavior.
The video looks to me like the board is completely losing 12v and regaining it constantly.
I know you said your voltages all look good, but are you getting around 11.98 on the regulated, 14 something on the unregulated, and around 20 on the 18V test points?

#19 4 years ago

OK, so now we're getting somewhere...
TP1 is your 12vUR and should be at about 14.8 volts. (which runs your motors and optos)
This voltage is created from your AC input from the transformer at J112 (white green wires)
and is converted to 12vdc from BR5 and smoothed by C30
Did you replace any bridges or caps when you did your basic rebuild?

TP8 is your 18vdc and should be around 19-ish volts while not under load (I think, I don't have my meter with me right now so I can't confirm on mine)
This also runs your lamp matrix and creates your 12vdc regulated (which looks fine)

Personally I'd correct the 12vUR issue first, then tackle the 18v issue next, it shouldn't cause you any issues as long as it stays above 14 volts (which is the minimum you'd need to create the 12v regulated you need I think).

Check the pin-wiki for WPC for more detailed (and professional) information.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC (it's section 6.4.2 LEDs and test points on WPC-089 Power/Driver Boards)

2 weeks later
#20 4 years ago

Yakrobat any updates?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider buffaloatx.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-power-up-issue?tu=buffaloatx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.