4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20190609_184654 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yakrobat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

I just completed a basic driver board rebuild on my Judge Dredd. All of the voltages look good but I'm greeted with the below video on power-up. Being pretty new to pinball, I'm hoping the community can point me in the right direction to begin trouble-shooting. Thanks!

#3 4 years ago

Definitely correct number of balls, switches all seem to work. I'm not sure what the initial repeated solenoid firing is, I'll see if I can track it down later this evening, however this is all new behavior since replacing the caps and rectifiers on the board. I'm leaning toward systemic issue as the cause...

#4 4 years ago

So I checked the trough optos again and I'm getting the below behavior with the balls removed. With the optos blocked, they correctly show open. I'm an electrical novice, however it looks to me like the switches are floating. I checked the ground and everything seems kosher. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

#6 4 years ago

I can't reproduce the coil cycling at the beginning of the first video so I'm not certain where it originated from.

With regard to the trough, I had a pretty good look at both boards and nothing seems amiss. Applying pressure to the connectors and various components doesn't stop the cycling so I'm not sure what the issue is. I'm guessing new opto boards is the next step so they're on order.

#7 4 years ago

So I replaced both trough opto boards and I'm still observing the behavior in the 4th post video above. I've checked most of the connections but no amount of wiggling will stop the rapid opto registers. Any ideas on where I should go from here would be appreciated.

#10 4 years ago

Nothing is plugged into J207 or J209, might this be the issue?

20190609_184654 (resized).jpg20190609_184654 (resized).jpg
#12 4 years ago

I just completed the test as per above instructions, when unplugged the rapid registering of the optos stops. I am able to trigger the various optos by shorting 9 on J207 to pins 1-9 on J209.

#14 4 years ago

I purchased new trough opto boards and the issue remained so I've mostly ruled them out. The wire harness connectors look good on both ends and wiggling them doesn't seem to change the rapid register behavior. I check continuity on green-grey and it looks good, as well it's not showing continuity with ground.

#17 4 years ago

So, upon retest, several of the voltages appear low: TP1 9.1, TP2 5, TP3 11.8, TP4 .5, TP6 73, TP7 21.6, TP8 16.8

I'm wondering if there is a common denominator, I'll check the line voltage but I'm almost certain that's not the issue...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yakrobat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-power-up-issue?tu=Yakrobat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.