Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by dri
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 6 years ago

To start with, your drop target reset solenoid shouldn't be that weak. Try putting a new sleeve in, or taking a look to make sure everything's good on the mech.

Your motors get voltage all the time. They only move when that voltage can get to ground. My top-of-the-head guess is that you've got a chip starting to fail on your driver board, and it's leaking tiny pulses to an adjoining data line. It may be leaking tiny pulses to all data lines, but they're small enough you don't notice them on the solenoids. Another possibility is that something is grounding out the returns when the machine shakes. In any case, it's not voltage related, as you can see what happens when the door is open and the 50v is disabled.

#4 6 years ago

Weird. I've had two JD's, and I don't remember either of them doing that. Then again, I see a whole lot of pinballs, so I may have forgotten.

#6 6 years ago

Let's see. It would be...put your logic tester on pin 15 of U5. See if it flashes when you fire the drop target solenoid. If it does, something's leaking where it shouldn't be. If not, check your grounds. Make sure the driver board is screwed in well. Check to make sure the legs of Q64 are soldered well, and have no cracks.

#9 6 years ago

Pulling the power for the motors doesn't really prove anything. Still, next I'd try taking a look at the diodes and the inductors on your motor boards.

#11 6 years ago

j118 is indeed the power. You pulled the power. Ignore this post. "drive" and "voltage" are reversed in the solenoid chart for those. It can't be getting voltage from a drive transistor...I don't think

#13 6 years ago

What I would personally do at this point is cut the violet/blue and violet/yellow wires, and see if they still move. But don't do this if you don't think you can patch it back together.

#15 6 years ago

...pretty much wherever in the head. It doesn't matter. Some place where the wire's not tied up in a harness so you can access it. I'm almost positive they won't move, but one test is worth 1000 opinions, and all that. The idea is to isolate the motor's ground wires from the other ground wires in the game. So a break anywhere in either of them will prevent them from moving, unless there's a short to another wire.

Edit: In the head. Cut the wire in the head. I figured it was clear, but realized I never said it.

#17 6 years ago

Well, jumping around those wires pretty much proves that whatever it is, it's in that board. So if you decide to buy one, it will indeed fix your problem. Also, what happens with those drop targets if, say, only one is down and it tries to reset? You might have a bad switch there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 85.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider CadillacMusic.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-planet-and-crane-wierdness?tu=CadillacMusic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.