11%
  • Other specify in thread (around the same price) 3 votes
    2%

(148 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

last-action-hero-alternative-translite (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20180211-101914 (resized).png
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 6 years ago

What game is better in your opinion? Possibly looking for one of these games for my collection. Should I be looking for a Johnny Mnemonic instead?

#2 6 years ago

demo man with swear roms is awesome

#3 6 years ago

Whichever one you can get for $1400.

#4 6 years ago

Where can you get one for 1400??

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Where can you get one for 1400??

Probably no more on this website. Although I saw a JD pass thru here a year or so ago for that when that was the standard price.

#6 6 years ago

That's crazy. Wish I could have gotten either of them for that price.

#7 6 years ago

Yes, get it for $1400.

To find one at that price today, all you need is a Delorean that will hit 88mph. Don’t forget to set it to Feb. 10, 2008 before you step on the gas pedal.

#9 6 years ago

You got all my extra Dredd parts for way less than $1400.

#10 6 years ago

I've owned both and Demo Man is still in my collection. Just saying.....

#11 6 years ago

If you like mode based games it's Judge Dredd
Demolition Man is ok but the left half of the playfield has no shots. If you're playing for score the quick freeze is the only option for the claw. Still a fun game.

#12 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You got all my extra Dredd parts for way less than $1400.

Still have them...Haven't found another Dredd since..they don't come as often as they used to

#13 6 years ago

Would either of these pins be good in a one pin collection? Or should I stay with 2? Don’t have much room anymore.

#14 6 years ago

I wouldn’t have Demolition Man in a single pin collection. I had it in my small collection and for me it didn’t last long. It’s fun, but there are better pins out there.

#15 6 years ago

Both are cool, I'll give a slight edge to Dredd for the theme (not movie based), art and sound but DemoMan is better than the movie it is based on, and the handles are cool.

#16 6 years ago

Pretty close for me. I'd probably go JD, but it's close enough that it might come down to whichever came up in my area first.

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Would either of these pins be good in a one pin collection? Or should I stay with 2? Don’t have much room anymore.

Dredd wouldn’t be bad as a single game, but 2 is always better than 1.

Demo Man flows well and is an overall great game but it gets repetitive pretty fast. I see LAH is also on your wishlist, I think that game has much longer legs than DM in a small collection and is around the same price range as DM

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

Same for me had both only have demo man now. Its the longest lasting game in my collection. Swear roms are a must.

#19 6 years ago

Demoman has a neat rom for it.. its not a polished as the original...

Screenshot_20180211-101914 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180211-101914 (resized).png

#20 6 years ago

I own both games and love them I really like having demo man because it is always in tournament's. But, I love judge Dredd it's my favorite game I love the artwork, music and the theme. If you do get a judge Dredd you must get the deadworld mod it's awesome.

#21 6 years ago

I’m also really thinking about getting an LAH or a LW3. They aren’t that much and they look like a lot of fun. Do those even compete with DM or JD?

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

I’m also really thinking about getting an LAH or a LW3. They aren’t that much and they look like a lot of fun. Do those even compete with DM or JD?

I also own LAH and I have played LW3 a lot they are both fun games but I don't think LW3 will hold up in a small collection i think it would get repetitive. LAH is fun and if you would want to spend less money LAH is not a bad Option it has the cool crane moving side to side and Arnie did the callouts.

#23 6 years ago

Not a huge fan of the HUGE Arnie head. But that’s not going to stop me from buying the game if I see one around. Are there alt translites out there?

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Not a huge fan of the HUGE Arnie head. But that’s not going to stop me from buying the game if I see one around. Are there alt translites out there?

Yes they make this one which I have on mine.

last-action-hero-alternative-translite (resized).jpglast-action-hero-alternative-translite (resized).jpg

#26 6 years ago

Interesting. Thanks.

#27 6 years ago

Owned Demo Man. Got old pretty fast. As mentioned above, the left side of the playfield is a waste. Not integrated into game play much at all. Played Dredd only on PS3, even as a vitual experience, I liked it more than real DM.

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from Turtle:

Same here.

And hopefully my in-development DM claw mod will redeem the game's main fault for many.
(The recent software mod is an improvement but still lame: now you'd just always take the next most lucrative choice every time, no?)

#30 6 years ago

DM>JD>LAH>LW3

I’ve owned all four. I’d own all of them again but I like DM the best of the lot.

Oh and JD will always be a $1400 game folks, and someone will always reference back to the future when not getting the joke lol.

#31 6 years ago

I get the joke and remember the original $1400 post from years ago. Someone new to Pinside might not understand that though.

#32 6 years ago

I remember walking on a LAH over $50. He wouldn't come down off 1250 and I wasn;t going over 1200.

Thanks god i never bough that hunk of garbage. JD is the best out of all of them but I wouldn't buy one for more than 1400 if i was keeping it.

#33 6 years ago

It's funny how these games get compared to each other all the time and they play nothing alike.
In a small collection, JD is the best option. It is so jam packed with modes, toys, super game etc. You will not get bored of it too quickly.
DM may not be as deep, but the flow and design is more fun to shoot IMO. And the handles are great and one of a kind.
Both have awesome call outs.
In a close battle DM wins this match up for me.

#34 6 years ago

Ugh. Both titles I owned and couldn't get rid of fast enough.

They both look like they should be a lot more fun than they are - the layouts of appear to offer soooo much, and yet the gameplay of both was a real letdown.

Oh and that Dredd wailing guitar soundtrack will drive you insane

#35 6 years ago

Had JD for 2 years, would for sure get another. Had DM for 2 weeks, couldn't get rid of it quick enough.

#36 6 years ago

In this thread: voters hoping to escalate value of JD so they can unload theirs for profit $$$

(J/K, I had to think of some silly reason people would say JD is better than DM. DM all the way!)

Richard

#37 6 years ago

had both, demo man was a bore, jd is a great pin!

#38 6 years ago

I had a pretty similar debate a few years ago when I was in the market for a new pin. DM JD LAH but Johnny Mnemonic instead of LW3. Ended up getting JD lots of modes cool toy ramps and looks the best imo. But I ended up buying another game from the remaining 3 and that was Johnny Mnemonic. Johnny is my favorite game. I always end up playing it and if I had to give up JD or JM it would JD.

Sometimes your first choice is wrong but doesn't make it a bad choice. Can always sell and rebuy.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

They both look like they should be a lot more fun than they are - the layouts of appear to offer soooo much, and yet the gameplay of both was a real letdown.

EDIT - If I *had* to choose one I think I'd go for Demoman

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from Ive:

JD is a good fun pin. However, I agree about the guitar sound track. It’s very annoying.

#41 6 years ago

Jd is probably the better home option and plus super game is kinda neat to try once and a while to change it up. Plus it has a bit more pinball charm

But I honestly played both enough on location to not want either unless i had a larger collection

I prefer DM cause getting in the grove with the flow is a hell of a lot of fun

#42 6 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

What game is better in your opinion? Possibly looking for one of these games for my collection. Should I be?

I've owned both. JD lasted years, DM lasted weeks. DM is fun, but once you get the ramps down it isn't if you can get through Cryo Prison, it's how many times can you do it in one game. JD just has so much more going on with 4 flippers, ramps and wireforms everywhere. Sure, the code could be better, but it could also be much better on DM where the left side of the playfield is wasted with Car Crash and Retina Scan, not to mention lock freeze all the time with the claw.

FWIW, I recently sold my working JD with original topper (broken but repaired) and Dead World Mod for $2k to fund and free up space for my Ghostbusters purchase.

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I've owned both. JD last years, DM lasted weeks. DM is fun, but once you get the ramps down it isn't if you can get through Cryo Prison, it's how many times can you do it in one game. JD just has so much going on. 4 flippers, ramps and wireforms everywhere. Sure, the code could be better, but it could also be much better on DM where the left side of the playfield is wasted with Car Crash and Retina Scan, not to mention lock freeze all the time with the claw.

Yeah so much stuff on that game, don't forget the drop targets and the dead world. If JD was made today it would cost 10k. Also, one thing everyone forgets when they compare these two games is the fact JD has a separate second game built in. Super Game is complete with different music, animation and callouts.

#44 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

If JD was made today it would cost 10k.

I can hardly wait until we are saying Judge Dredd is a $14,000 game folks!

#45 6 years ago

Edit never mind, not worth it.

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can hardly wait until we are saying Judge Dredd is a $14,000 game folks!

Maybe after the Netflix series airs "Mega City One"

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Yeah so much stuff on that game, don't forget the drop targets and the dead world. If JD was made today it would cost 10k. Also, one thing everyone forgets when they compare these two games is the fact JD has a separate second game built in. Super Game is complete with different music, animation and callouts.

Super game is weak...it’s just some added multiballs to start your game and most are forgettable. There is a reason this concept doesn’t appear in subsequent games.

#48 6 years ago

What are the major differences between super game and just normal play? I know that you start out with a multi ball right off the bat. Not sure how I feel about that.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Super game is weak...it’s just some added multiballs to start your game and most are forgettable. There is a reason this concept doesn’t appear in subsequent games.

If that's what you think then you need to play it again and pay attention this time.

Credit to pinsider Emo:
Super game-game 2

Press the lower of the two start buttons and you are introduced to the game by an announcer "my name is Anita Mann (sounds like-I need a man) and this is supergame!" She then goes on to explain the background to a new mode. There are four possible new modes one of which begins with each new ball launched. When these start you are immediately launched straight into two-ball multiball. There is a long drain save that makes it relatively easy to start 6-ball multiball by hitting the JUDGE targets. When only one ball remains you revert back to the standard game (game 1) for the duration of that ball. The new modes are:
JAILBREAK - you must shoot the lit crime scenes as the dots show criminals escaping to light a Super Jackpot of 52.5m. Repeat for as long as you can.
MAD BOMBER - Shoot the sniper tower to stop the bomber and the lit ramps to build the Super Jackpot (7.5m per ramp) and repeat.
TRAFFIC JAM - a bad case of road rage with a mad motorist and brilliant (but violent) animation. Shoot the JUDGE targets for 5m each and subway to reset targets for as long as more than one ball is in play.
DESTROY DEADWORLD - Deadworld has materialised so you need to shoot the left ramp/lock twice to destroy shields then a third time to destroy the planet for a super-jackpot of 45m. Repeat while you have more than one ball in play. This mode is always last and repeated if you start an extra ball. In all modes there is a chance to shoot for a 100m if you hit the advance crime scenes targets four times. This must be collected within 10 seconds at one of the top shots such as centre ramp or sniper tower-depending on the mode. Don't forget to shoot the JUDGE targets for backup/6-ball multiball.

#50 6 years ago

I have a very nice Demo Man and love it in my collection. Other than my Guns N Roses, it’s the game Pinball friends or people I meet when selling other pins on Craig’s List, make the most offers to buy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.00
Lighting - Interactive
86Pixels

$ 35.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Bethlehem, PA
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.99
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Monroe Township, NJ
There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-or-demolition-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.