Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by skywalker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

Hey all, trying to nut out my JD Trough issue's every 12 doz games more or less get that credit dot trough #86 comes up, have done some research on this issue, forum search comes up with you need to play a Super Game every now & again to clear the trough of all 6 balls, Can any JD owner confirm this, I have new opto boards, have done a switch test in the trough all works perfect, banged on the PF while in test mode to find any flaky switches etc, I even filed out some of the metal holes in the trough so the opto leds are 100% visible, Picked up the machine recently so i don't know it the issue was already present, New STD balls, Trough insert, fitted a dead world mod also works fine, had to dremal out PF a bit due to balls catching the PF edge going into the trough, that was due to the insert raising the balls, Want to sell the pin so wanna be sure its ok,
any info would be appreciated

#2 9 years ago

I had until changed out the opto boards. I am not 100% sure the board was the problem. Maybe the beam was bouncing off the balls a registering the wrong receptor. I don't know. Something about that trough is black magic.

#3 9 years ago

Remove the opto boards, clean the optos with windex and a qtip.

Inspect the boards for cold solider joints. Reflow the solider pads on the board connector pins, and also the optos solider points on the back of the board. You should never have the error again after that.

Sorry, EDIT I just read you had new opto boards. Clean all the other optos in the game with a qtip. If any have dirt or grime on them they will mess up the whole opto switch matrix. Common for JD.

About filing the holes, not sure if that was a good idea. But start by cleaning every single one. Even in the habitral multi layer ramp. Ramps. Deadworld. Crane. Under the deadworld etc. ALL OF THEM! Even look for any hidden ones.
Inspect those for cracked pads on the opto solider points too if you can see them withou removing a ton of stuff.

But definately start by cleaning them.
Probably 100% the problem.

#4 9 years ago

I had the same exact issue and had the glm boards. There actually was I bad connection on the board at the plug so I ordered another board and has been fine since.in test mode wiggle the plug on the reciever board and see if any switches go off . Mine was a new board to but had a issue with it ,number 86 also must be a bad batch of boards or something .im sending it back to tony to get fixed , at least ill have a extra one lol.

#5 9 years ago
Quoted from erak:

About filing the holes, not sure if that was a good idea

only did this due to last , #86 led on the board was a bit offset to the hole in the trough

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-opto-trough-issue-86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.