9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC_3515.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T3mpest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hello, thinking of adding a JD to my collection. Had the opportunity to play it for just a few minutes, so my opinion on it is mostly based on youtube videos or reading other reviews.

Seems good, cool ramps, cool theme (not from the movie like Demolition man but based from the comics that I prefer).

Also, how does it fit\compare to my current collection (tz, tom, cftbl, cv, ww) ?

Thanks in advance.

#3 9 years ago

I don't mind wide-bodys (kind of like it really) and pop bumpers don't do much for me (but on TZ they are great)

#27 9 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Yeah, JD isn't going to jump in price. What JD will do, however, is be a great not-family friendly machine *if you set it up right*. If you set it up so you can constantly loop the left ramp, it's a dull machine. If you set it up so that without a perfect shot to that ramp it comes back at you, it's a spectacular game that doesn't get old because you have a ton of control and can really make some great strategies on how to score points. If you aren't a big pinhead though, it sucks. It's about the least popular game for guests, it hits all these bad points for them:
- You'll probably set it up hard, which is a turn off.
- It's a violent, not-really-recognizable theme.
- There is no plunger or even plunger button. It is really confusing for people to have to press the button above the left flipper button to fire the ball into play.
- Even with the planet ring, there is really no easy interactive toys to get people to just randomly shoot at the game.
- You don't know clunky until you play a JD. Seriously, anyone who says DE is clunky has never played this thing.
If that stuff matters to you, skip it. If it doesn't, you'll love it. I've had mine for about 5 years now, and it won't go anywhere.
Oh, and I'm a weird-o who doesn't really like the planet ring lock.

Thanks for all the answers so far. goatdan's was really helpful. I will only know if I made a good or bad choice unfortunately a few weeks after I (probably) buy it.

I don't care about the guests This is 99.99% of the time for me. But that "clunky" statement got me worried...it's because it's a wide-body and not as smooth-flow like butter as TOM ?

Also the machine being more cheap is not an issue, I don't want it because its a bang-buck, but because (I think) I like it.

#29 9 years ago

Oh by the way, are other B/W machines in the same price range better ?

I'm thinking of Johnny Mnemonic, The Shadow..

#43 9 years ago

Damn...how can I resist this... looks sweet.

Quoted from Jared:

I absolutely love mine.

DSC_3515.jpg 138 KB

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T3mpest.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-opinions?tu=T3mpest and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.