14 years ago

Topic Stats

• 10 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 years ago by robin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ultmte_Nghtmre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 14 years ago

Im having a problem with my Dredd machine. As all of you probably know the Deadworld never worked so I ordered the Deadworld locking Mod from Pinbits.com. Long story short. I installed it CORRECTLY mind you, after that the world stopped turning...So, I reinstalled the old eprom. After that the machine refuses to turn on. I checked all the fuses. The only thing that does turn on are a few LEDs in the backbox. Nothing else.

I just want to see if anyone has some advise, or should I just just find a qualified technician in the Chicagoland area to diagnose/fix/install the problem area?

Thanks.

#3 14 years ago

Guess you were right, I reinserted the eprom and it powered right up. It was a little bent, looked straight going in- guess it wasn't after all...

Now, I have a new problem. The Deadworld itself stopped spinning, it kicks on (I hear the motor running) but its not spinning at all.

#6 14 years ago

Robin, yes it connected correctly. The shaft spins the gears (I can visually see that when I spin it manually). The motor kicks on (heard and seen). What IS NOT happening, the gearbox isnt being worked. Maybe something is stripped inside the gearbox, I'm not sure. Is the gearbox something I should try have looked at or replaced? If so, where can I find one?

Unless I'm missing something entirely.

#8 14 years ago

Yep, it's the gearbox. Took it apart only to discover that 2 of the gears seem to be immobile. Now I have to try and fix it. Hopefully its nothing more than adding some grease to it. If it's more, then I suppose I'll tackle it if/when that time comes...Any idea how to rebuild these things?

#9 14 years ago

Well, an update on this. Got the whole machine fixed. Took the gearbox apart, saw that a whole gear was spinning freely on its shaft. Concluded that since it was metal I could torch it and melt some non-electric solder on it. It worked.

Put everything back in and then reinstalled the crane (a connector wasn't attached). Now, I have a 100% working Dredd machine as it was intended...All I need now is the topper.

Thank you Robin and BrokeDad for giving me some ideas and tips with what to look for.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ultmte_Nghtmre.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-not-powering-on-after-deadworld-mod?tu=Ultmte_Nghtmre and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.