Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by arolden
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

Playing judge dredd tonight and kept getting multiball out of nowhere. After further look seems everytime i push left flipper it scores a left ramp shot. Any idea where to start looking?
Lmk thanks.

#2 6 years ago

Switch matrix issue. Have you worked on the game at all?

I would get under the game and start carefully looking for a diode that broke off a switch or something miswired on a switch.

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Switch matrix issue. Have you worked on the game at all?
I would get under the game and start carefully looking for a diode that broke off a switch or something miswired on a switch.

Problem popped up randomly, havnt been inside it since I installed color dmd a couple months back. Can't be miswired cuz I've owned for years and havnt repaired anything recently. Sounds like that leaves looking for diode broke off switch option. I'll report what I find.

#4 6 years ago

Is it just the left flipper that triggers the switch or does any vibration do it? I would start with taking the glass off, put the game into switch test and hit the playfield with my fist a few times. If the ramp switch triggers from vibration during that, most likely the opto transmitter on the ramp is flaking out and should be replaced.

#5 6 years ago

Well I had some time to take a look at jd tonight. I went into switch test and left flipper work properly and wasn't triggering anything. I ran the ball through the ramp and it triggered the opto correctly. I looked underneath for anything broken or loose. While in switch test i tapped on playfield and no switches triggered.Put playfield down and tried playing a game. Could not replicate left flipper triggering left ramp. However halfway through the game I had 2 balls locked for deadworld and if not mistaken I was cradling the ball and multi ball started before I had a chance to shoot the ball...seems to be something crazy going on.

#6 6 years ago

someone else may have a different viewpoint but if it were me I would wonder about it being a flaky opto switch as Kennywawa suggested and would want to rule that out first. Given what you note in your last post, it sounds to me like something is causing that opto switch to register. Could be the transmitter itself or its connections (would check connectors, look for cold solder, opto boards, etc.). I might try switch test and actually flip a ball and watch the dmd specifically to see if that switch registers When not supposed to. I haven’t had my dredd for long but I know when I got it the optos were a bit problematic. Cleaned all of them well which fixed some of the problems and replaced one which took care of remaining. I do know that from an opto problem I had on my DM that it’s not always just the switch that can cause something like that though. On my DM, I had the car crash opto that would randomly activate and it turned out it was related to a poor connection in another part of the wiring. Someone had taped a couple of wires together and when I fixed that connection all the problems went away. Good luck!

#7 6 years ago

The Left Ramp to Lock opto (sw 63) is the one that triggers the start of multiball. Focus on these and check out the stuff kmann suggested.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-left-flipper-triggers-left-ramp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.