(Topic ID: 81967)

Judge Dredd- LED recommendations. All, some, ?

By Harvs

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Judge_Dredd_Full.jpg
1779359_10200680821623407_2119910794_n.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Harvs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

Just picked up my first pin, JD.. I have been doing research on what people like in terms of LED's on this machine and others, but need some help before I drop the $. This machine is all bulb and seems pretty dim, especially in the back/upper PF.

Opinions, and/or links to full or partial LED kit'ski's is appreciated. They seem to range wildly in price for such a noob.

*(This may or may not be a keeper for me.., so far (Deadworld not working properly. Parts in mail.), still a FUN machine!!

Thank ya., Thank ya very much..
Harvs

#6 10 years ago

Checking out the links now. Thanks for all the advice fellas..

Not sure if I am gonna drop the $ to go full LED right now, but definitely need to brighten this baby up in certain areas.

Cheers,
Harvs

#10 10 years ago

Wow, that looks great! - I ended up buying some to try from CometPinball.

Next on the list is to rebuild the flippers, then clean, clean, and clean again. I have a few broken plastics as well, but I have yet to find any for sale. I may be willing to trade a kidney or 2 for minty ones, IF they are even out there.

Nice machine!

Harvs

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Looking sweet! Yeah, so this game being a widebody and needing non-ghosting bulbs it can get a bit pricey really fast!

You can semi see it in the pic I posted, but grab some glare guards for your games. They are like $8-$15 and you can keep them if you sell a game so long lasting. Super handy for DMD glare and vice versa. Looks like PBl added them to the store - http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=catalog&parent=363&pg=1

Judge_Dredd_Full.jpg 239 KB

Shat! I NEED non-ghosting?? I ordered regular LED's. I can cancel quick prob..

To be honest, I really have no real understanding of what ghosting is.., New to the pin world so..

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballBulbs:

Yeah. Ghosting is when the lights are faintly lit on inserts and shouldnt be. Its because leds can light with much less voltage

I just read up and watched a vid on that. - Thankfully I started this thread. My Wife is already making me sleep in the garage since the pin purchase.. Having LED's that don't work properly..., I'd be living in my truck with JD, with ghosting LED's. Ha

-My order was switched to non-ghosting just now.. Thanks again guys! Thanks Comet!!

Harvs

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Pinball Bulbs 12V Back strip is one of the best in the market! I highly recommend it Harv, for this or any game!!

I'll check it out. It is needed for the back. - I need one of those DMD films/inserts that reduce glare as well.

#26 10 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I didn't use non-ghosting I have a non-ghosting patch applied to my game rom. As for the DMD glare, it is overpowered by the brightness of the back part of the game. It isn't noticeable at all now.

Plan on that also. Just read up on it.

Thx

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 85.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Harvs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-led-recommendations-all-some?tu=Harvs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.