• Judge Dredd 14 votes
    37%
  • Jurassic Park 14 votes
    37%
  • World Cup Soccer 10 votes
    26%

(38 votes)

#1 3 years ago

Sorry for another Jurassic Park versus thread, but here are the games I've been interested in comparing. In my opinion they are all among the top "bang for your buck" for 90s era machines. There are other machines like Bram Stoker's Dracula and Fish Tales that could probably be added to the list, but quite honestly I know my preference there. Anyway, assuming they are priced the same and equal condition which of the three machines would you prefer in a small lineup? Please vote in the poll and/or post a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

#2 3 years ago

1.JD
2.WCS94
3.JP
Judge Dredd is so loaded with modes, toys ramps. The music, dmd animations, playfield design etc. Are all top notch. Surprised it is as cheap as it is.
WCS94 I owned for over 10 years. Great fun game for all skill levels with smooth ramps. Linear code is what brings this one down.
JP is a great DE game with a theme loved by most. Sound and playability not as good as the B/W compitition so I place it third on this list.

#3 3 years ago

It's...

1 - Dredd (Fast for a widebody, lots of modes, BIG ramps, good sound and some dark humor. It's got some violence tho, so maybe not great for kidlets.)
2 - JP (T-REX toy is awesome, can't beat that theme, fun for all.)
3 - WCS (It's actually pretty fun, but the theme sucks if you're not a soccer fan. If you like soccer tho, a real winner! Popular with ladies for some reason and it's my wife's favorite.)

...for me.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

1.JD
2.WCS94
3.JP
Judge Dredd is so loaded with modes, toys ramps. The music, dmd animations, playfield design etc. Are all top notch. Surprised it is as cheap as it is.
WCS94 I owned for over 10 years. Great fun game for all skill levels with smooth ramps. Linear code is what brings this one down.
JP is a great DE game with a theme loved by most. Sound and playability not as good as the B/W compitition so I place it third on this list.

I agree with this for the most part. Dredd definitely seems like the best deal for the price range. The lack of pop bumpers helps this widebody play fast and feel huge. Then I look at all the mechs /toys on this game,4 main flipper returns, 4 ramps, TWO repeatable loops, etc. and can't help thinking this game would be $10k if Stern made it today :p

If BSD were added as the OP mentioned, that would be at the top for me though, and also a game far more jam packed with features than its price would suggest.

#5 3 years ago

Wow I seriously might buy all three soon. Great thread!

#6 3 years ago

1 judge Dredd 2 Jurassic Park 3 world cup soccer.

#7 3 years ago

In this lineup, I'd say JD in first, second and third place. forget the other 2, you will be selling them in 6 months.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow I seriously might buy all three soon. Great thread!

Yeah, they are three machines that I find really close. I currently own a JP, but I'm considering swapping it out for something new. Of every machine I've owned JP is by far the one that guest gravitate towards. I think it's a combination of the theme and t-rex toy. Modes are decent with a nice wizard mode if you play though them all. Alternatively you can play for the CHAOS multiball. Plus on top of that you're getting a shaker motor with decent integration. It's been tough for me to go anything from my current collection, but it just feels like I need to mix it up. Considering putting JP on the block to bring in something different.

#9 3 years ago

I'm going to buy a JD tomorrow actually - feature rich game. Will let you know how it goes and how I like it. I love that 80s guitar rift. Who knows - I'll prob play for a month or so and then trade it for something else ; ). Let's see if it holds my attention.

2 weeks later
#11 3 years ago

Hi, im a newbe, and bought my first ever two games 3 months ago, a judge dredd and a Jurassic park.
I prefer dredd way more, just more to do and a more impressive game. All the 9 modes are fun, and the dark theme is cool.
Jurassic is also fun, and I initially found it easier to play, but now its clear what one I like much more.
Most of my newbe friends also prefer j.d.
The j.d. feels superior in build quality too.
I cant comment on the third, as ive never played it

#12 3 years ago

1. Jurassic Park - I don't really enjoy some of the modes, but the theme and layout works for me.
2. World Cup Soccer - I played it a few times and it's fun, but seems really easy.

97. Dredd - sure it has a bunch of stuff, but it's a convoluted mess of a layout...I just played one at the local pinball classic event and it just wasn't much fun for how crowded the playfield is.

#13 3 years ago

I owned JD for a few months and it has a lot of awesome properties but I stopped liking it quickly. It just never felt right to me. I currently own JP and WCS and I don't plan on getting rid of either of them any time soon.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside