4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_20200110_085405242 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200110_085417490 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 4 years ago

Hi,

I had this issue with an Indiana Jones that was re-imported back from Japan.....

I measured all the voltages coming out of the transformer (after all the jumpers) and everything was running hot.... if I recall it was all about 12% above what it should be....

The transformer jumpers can be set up for low voltage situations (Japan being one) so I figured this would be easy... just move the jumpers back and everything would be ok..... EXCEPT the fact that the jumpers were in the correct spot for the U.S. So my IJ sat around not used for a long time as I could not figure it out.

SOLUTION: Eventually I figured out that someone did in fact adjust for lower voltages, but they did it on the plug that is attached to transformer!!!!, NOT the side with the jumpers (which is what Pinwiki focued on). I swapped two wires and was good to go, everything fixed. Quick shout out to pinball.rec group as they were the ones that were able to show me a schematic for the transformer that quickly showed me the issue.

The other place you can look is on the bottom of the transformer near the wires, I think it shows the voltage of the wires (its not super clear as there are groups of wires), but when I looked at that it showed the wrong wire was being fed into the game if you started to trace it........ i.e. the higher voltage coming out of the transformer.

Jim

Hope this helps... My machine sat idle for far too long as I did not want to turn it on until I figured it out (and yes, I was looking at buying a new transformer ...

Also be sure to check the voltage coming out of the wall socket, maybe your house is running high.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 85.00
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ataritoday.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-gi-transformer-voltage-is-high?tu=ataritoday and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.