Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.14.45 PM (resized).png
IMG_6874 (resized).JPG
IMG_6873 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

Does anyone have any tips for removing the deadworld gearbox on JD? I need to send it out for repairs. Just eyeballing it, seems like a huge pain in the butt to remove. Do I have to remove everything topside, or can I get ways with only removing stuff under the of? Seems like I have to remove the entire planet on the top then, I can extract it from the bottom, shaft and all. However just removing the planet makes no sense-- how does one unscrew the shaft bolt when it is obstructed by the lamp board/metal disc?? So confused...any help would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_6873 (resized).JPGIMG_6873 (resized).JPG

IMG_6874 (resized).JPGIMG_6874 (resized).JPG

#2 7 years ago

Here's the cross section manual view for reference. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how any mortal is supposed to unscrew the top number 12 nut. It is completely blocked by a round metal plate and the lamp board....

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.14.45 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.14.45 PM (resized).png

#3 7 years ago

Look at number 8 in the picture.

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Look at number 8 in the picture.

I'm afraid that only holds the opto interrupter in place.

#5 7 years ago

Ok, then take another look at the pic and the game and see if by taking off the globe on top the whole assy can be dropped through the bottom. See item 9, 11 and 12. Also I just saw this pic on the net, it looks like the planet rod will pull straight out.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#6 7 years ago

If I remember correctly, after the light assembly shaft is removed(I think there's a cotter pin in the bottom that holds it stationary, also there might be an issue with the connectors not pulling thru but the male or female pins can be delicately removed from the connector. Someone just cut the wires and repaired in the pic as an alternative)
After the light assembly shaft is out all the nuts can be reached for loosening. then the whole remaining rotational shaft and motor assembly slips out from below.

#7 7 years ago

Ya know, if it's too hard, you can remove the plastic panels from under the playfield that surround the planet and remove the entire assembly as a unit so it is easier to work on.

What you don't want to do is try to turn that large top nut without holding the lower one with a wrench.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Ok, then take another look at the pic and the game and see if by taking off the globe on top the whole assy can be dropped through the bottom. See item 9, 11 and 12. Also I just saw this pic on the net, it looks like the planet rod will pull straight out.

Yep! There is a pin at the bottom that needs to be removed, then the whole thing can be pulled from the top! Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-gearbox-removal-help and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.