Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by kmcmorris
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Just picked up a judge dredd. latest software. My question: after playing 3 balls you have option of continue game with one ball, when I do so, it goes into 6 ball multiball, not just continuation of game, like my demolition man does, is this right, or normal?

#2 2 years ago

I believe that is the "supergame" feature.

Been a while since I had one, not sure if that is selectable in software

#3 2 years ago

There's separate buttons for Super Game and Extra Ball. Are you sure you're pressing the right one? Or maybe they've been miswired: see what happens when you try the other one.

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

Just picked up a judge dredd. latest software. My question: after playing 3 balls you have option of continue game with one ball, when I do so, it goes into 6 ball multiball, not just continuation of game, like my demolition man does, is this right, or normal?

I don’t know if it’s 6 but mine definitely goes into multi ball when using the buy in button. There’s even an animation on the DMD stating multiball before the ball is plunged so I assume it’s correct.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I don’t know if it’s 6 but mine definitely goes into multi ball when using the buy in button. There’s even an animation on the DMD stating multiball before the ball is plunged so I assume it’s correct.

yes, this is exactly what it is doing when i buy in for an extra ball.. although instruction card says game continues as it was.

#6 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

There's separate buttons for Super Game and Extra Ball. Are you sure you're pressing the right one? Or maybe they've been miswired: see what happens when you try the other one.

yes, it's the button on the right, supergame is on the lower left, and plays as it should

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

yes, this is exactly what it is doing when i buy in for an extra ball.. although instruction card says game continues as it was.

#8 2 years ago
Quoted from Jmckune:

I agree it continues with a mutiball but not all six, three are in play with my machine.

#9 2 years ago
Quoted from abjr:

I agree it continues with a mutiball but not all six, three are in play with my machine.

In L-1 this is what should happen:

If you played a "normal" game, the buy-in gives you a 4 ball multiball like the one you get when you lock 3 balls in the ring.
If you played a "super game", the buy-in continues the super game (the "game" started is usually number 4, destroy the dead world, but it can be any other "game" as well ).

I don't know about L-7, but it could be the same.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from kmcmorris:

The buy-in feature is in many games of that era. You simply pay to have one more ball. You can disable it in the settings.

(EDIT) See above as the buy-in on JD is supposed to be a multi-ball. I always disabled buy-in.

#11 2 years ago
Quoted from KoP:

In L-1 this is what should happen:
If you played a "normal" game, the buy-in gives you a 4 ball multiball like the one you get when you lock 3 balls in the ring.
If you played a "super game", the buy-in continues the super game (the "game" started is usually number 4, destroy the dead world, but it can be any other "game" as well ).
I don't know about L-7, but it could be the same.

I'm running L-7, and this is whats happening also, so i guess it's normal. It's also starting one of the "judges" modes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens
Toppers
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Boards
PinSound
Boards
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus
(Alt) Translites
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound
Electronics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 37.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-gameplay-question and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.