Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Big70
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigtanker5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi everyone, newbie pinball machine owner with a problem or two.
Purchased a Judge Dredd machine recently. It was working (playable) when I got it about three months ago, but over time realized it has a few of problems. Lots of similar issues I've read about eg, Deadworld gearbox not working, right shooter button not working, lots of light strings not working (Dodgy wiring and burnt connector plug), etc.
Now when I turn it on does all sorts of strange things and wont start up.
I did notice that the lights in the "normal game" "Supergame" buttons on the front of the cabinet no longer light up. Test buttons no longer work inside the door, Right flipper pulses constantly, some poppers pulse also.
When I checked in the upper cabinet, first thing I noticed was the batteries were stuffed and leaking slightly, I removed the CPU board, cleaned it up, and put new batteries in. This reset the game but still wouldn't start up properly.
Checking further I found that Fuse 114 was blown, when replacing the fuse it blows straight away.
Also noticed the power board leds, only 3 light up, when replacing F114 t 5 light up but fade once the fuse blows.
Also two of the pop targets were jammed down and never came up, I have freed them, not sure if this is related.
I removed all the wires from the Power board except for the input wires from the transformer, fitted a new fuse, turned it on and it still blows. From this I presume there is a fault with the Power driver board, or one or the components on it.
Sorry to ramble but trying to give an idea of the machine condition.
Main question is, Is it worth buying a new Power board or trying to repair the old one?
Is it possible to start a game with F114 blown?
Does anyone think this may solve some of my problems?

#3 9 years ago

Thanks for that, although I think the fault is in the power driver board. The CPU board seems ok, the battery damage was minimal and after I cleaned it an fitted new batteries the LEDs on the CPU board seem to work correctly. Also the test buttons and the start buttons were working when I got it.
I may not be testing it properly but if I only have the power board connected to the transformer and the fuse is still blowing I presume the fault is in that board. From what I can see in the manual the other boards all get their power from the Power board so that should be the starting point.
Like I said I'm new to pinball repair and hopefully I am using the right terms for components.

#5 9 years ago

The only thing is, as I said in the first post I powered up the Power Driver board with only the input wires plugged in, taking the playfield and the CPU board(with the batteries) out of the equation, and the fuse still blows. I need to get a schematic wiring chart for the power driver board to find out which components are in the F114 circuit.
Thanks for the replies, I am very confident with electronic repairs but it is the first time working on a pinball machine

#9 9 years ago

Thanks for the info guys. As I'm in Australia we don't have any of those stores here but I will check with the local electronics store to see if they have any of these components, otherwise I will have to get them online.
I do believe there are a few issues with this machine, I'm just trying to fix them in the right order.

Also is it possible to get the machine to run with the F114 fuse blown? I would like to know as I presume the machine was repaired to just operate so the last guy could sell it. I never checked it very well before purchasing it so I don't know if it was out then or it is something that just happened.

#11 9 years ago

thanks, must have happened since I got it then.

#12 9 years ago

Update: Cheers guys, turns out BR1 was shorted, Got one from local electronics shop, different pins on it, but I modified it, fitted it to the board and no more blown fuse.
It starts up as it did when I got it and the test buttons all work again. Still have a few light strings out but I can still play it.
Part cost me about $5 so I'm stoked I didn't have to pay for a new board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigtanker5.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-fuse-power-board-issue?tu=bigtanker5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.