Topic Stats

• 124 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by stephenshane237
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 160 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSCN3642 (resized).JPG
DSCN3641 (resized).JPG
DSCN3638 (resized).JPG
DSCN3637 (resized).JPG
DSCN3636 (resized).JPG
DSCN3635 (resized).JPG
DSCN3634 (resized).JPG
DSCN3633 (resized).JPG
DSCN3632 (resized).JPG
DSCN3631 (resized).JPG
DSCN3630 (resized).JPG
DSCN3620 (resized).JPG
DSCN3616_(resized).JPG
DSCN3615_(resized).JPG
DSCN3614_(resized).JPG
DSCN3613_(resized).JPG

There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

What a long day Finished stripping the lower cabinet, and the first batch of hardware came out of the tumbler. The head is getting back together all boards were cleaned, and the mount was sanded and painted. I finally get to put my ridiculously expensive eagle topper and bracket on. The colors on these decals vs the old are a drastic difference. Another batch of hardware is in the tumbler, and I am making a parts list. I am going full brass including wireforms for this game, also Colordmd, and pinsound board. Hopefully I can get the wireforms turned around quick enough for CLEPIN if not I will just have to do the cabinet brass and the wireforms later.

DSCN3554_(resized).JPG

DSCN3555_(resized).JPG

DSCN3558_(resized).JPG

DSCN3559_(resized).JPG

DSCN3560_(resized).JPG

DSCN3561_(resized).JPG

#102 3 years ago

Wow, this is amazing, look at the difference in the blue!!

#103 3 years ago

What are you doing with the old cabinet?

#104 3 years ago

It's going to you after the swap you were the first one that called dibs on it, coin door rails, etc that I don't use will stay

#105 3 years ago

You still need a few plastics?

#106 3 years ago

Yes I do I will see which ones I have a few that are broken I will let you know which ones.

Thanks

#107 3 years ago

Looking Great!

#108 3 years ago

Off topic but how did you ever make out with your TOTAN ?

#109 3 years ago

All done finished it up a few weeks ago, and finished TOM last week. my gold collection so far

DSCN3412_(resized).JPG

#110 3 years ago

Not much to do waiting on a ton of parts figures I would get started on the backbox lighting board. Harness will go into the ultrasonic, hardware in the tumbler, DA sand both sides waiting on primer to dry in the morning will paint and reassemble. I have the restoration decals coming to replace the warning label. I have seen many restores that no one refurbs this board and it makes all the difference when done.

DSCN3562_(resized).JPG

DSCN3563_(resized).JPG

DSCN3564_(resized).JPG

DSCN3565_(resized).JPG

DSCN3566_(resized).JPG

DSCN3567_(resized).JPG

DSCN3568_(resized).JPG

DSCN3570_(resized).JPG

#111 3 years ago

Not much to do today still waiting on parts, all light boards cleaned, tumbled posts going onto the playfield, trans light board painted, and wire looms in the tumbler and ultrasonic.

DSCN3571_(resized).JPG

DSCN3573_(resized).JPG

DSCN3574_(resized).JPG

DSCN3575_(resized).JPG

#112 3 years ago

Not much goin on today the wire harness metal came out of the tumbler and parts started trickling in. The translight board is restored and done just waiting on a ton of parts, goin on a business trip Sunday through Friday so hopefully parts will be here when I get back. I will say this might be the easiest restore I have ever done, no pop bumpers very limited solenoids very easy swap IMO.

DSCN3576_(resized).JPG

DSCN3577_(resized).JPG

DSCN3578_(resized).JPG

DSCN3579_(resized).JPG

DSCN3581_(resized).JPG

#113 3 years ago

Got a little more cabinet work done today, drilled all the holes for playfield mounting, started on ground braid, and installed some of the restoration decals. Also painted the eagle topper to be a little more gold in color, and put the speaker panel emblems on.

DSCN3583_(resized).JPG

DSCN3585_(resized).JPG

DSCN3586_(resized).JPG

DSCN3587_(resized).JPG

DSCN3588_(resized).JPG

DSCN3589_(resized).JPG

#114 3 years ago

Finished up the ground braid, put second coat on topper, and started refurbishing coils.

DSCN3590_(resized).JPG

DSCN3591_(resized).JPG

DSCN3592_(resized).JPG

DSCN3594_(resized).JPG

#115 3 years ago

For a more detailed thread on swapping to a virtuapin cabinet check out my Corvette cabinet thread. I am in a rush to get this done in time for Ohio and will be out of town a good bit before the show.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/replacement-cabinet-swap-deatils-virtuapin

#116 3 years ago

What are you doing with the old playfield? If no one want to pick it up from you for a restore I'd be interested in getting it to hang on my wall. I justive the art on it!

#117 3 years ago

I have 3 play fields that I am going to put up for sale, JD and funhouse, also I TOM but TOM will be a little expensive as its restorable

1 week later
#118 3 years ago

Just got back from vacation and my plating trim parts were in . I finished up the cabinet this morning all done except the colordmd, the pinsound board with mix and pinballpro speakers sound great. Just waiting on Taylor to send the playfield rails so I can get started the playfield assembly. Should be no problem to get it done by the CLEPIN show, JD looks great in all brass really makes the cabinet stand out. I finally have all of my keepers done (cabinets at least) so JD is the last one I am restoring FH does look a little out of place in a sea of gold though.

DSCN3609_(resized).JPG

DSCN3610_(resized).JPG

DSCN3611_(resized).JPG

DSCN3612_(resized).JPG

DSCN3613_(resized).JPG

DSCN3614_(resized).JPG

DSCN3615_(resized).JPG

DSCN3616_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#119 3 years ago

I have to give a shout out to pinrob for hooking me up with some nos plastics for the JD, I am so excited to have the parts to make this game close to perfect. Some guys are in it for the joy of holding onto a piece of their past and it's guys like this that keeps the hobby going. Thanks again I really appreciate your help !

#120 3 years ago

I apologize guys my camera has been down, and I have been so busy I didn't have time to document but the game is finished minus some tweaking and I turned out pretty stunning. Here are some photos and it will be at the show Thursday- Saturday.

DSCN3620 (resized).JPG

DSCN3630 (resized).JPG

DSCN3631 (resized).JPG

DSCN3632 (resized).JPG

DSCN3633 (resized).JPG

DSCN3634 (resized).JPG

#121 3 years ago

More photos.

DSCN3635 (resized).JPG

DSCN3636 (resized).JPG

DSCN3637 (resized).JPG

DSCN3638 (resized).JPG

DSCN3641 (resized).JPG

DSCN3642 (resized).JPG

#122 3 years ago

Looking good! - do you have 2 small rubber rings on the 2 posts on the left slingshot plastic?

#123 3 years ago

I have some coming tommorow

9 months later
#124 2 years ago

This pin is going up for sale in marketplace $ 5500 I know it's expensive for a JD but won't get into the fully restored games for any less and game plays awesome

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 259.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 135.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside