DSCN3632 (resized).JPG
DSCN3631 (resized).JPG
DSCN3630 (resized).JPG
DSCN3620 (resized).JPG
DSCN3616_(resized).JPG
DSCN3615_(resized).JPG
DSCN3614_(resized).JPG
DSCN3613_(resized).JPG
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 8 years ago

So I was at the Ohio show on Friday and had to pick another project for restoration so it was either this JD or a TAF that was overpriced. This machine is absolutely destroyed the worst hacks I have ever saw but I vowed to make it at least playable by Sunday. So here are some ugly photos.

DSCN3015.jpgDSCN3015.jpg
DSCN3016.jpgDSCN3016.jpg
DSCN3017.jpgDSCN3017.jpg
DSCN3018.jpgDSCN3018.jpg
DSCN3019.jpgDSCN3019.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Now keep in mind this was sold for parts and I felt bad for it and have to restore it to its original beauty. Your probably wodering why there is drywall screws through the playfield where the upper flipper mech goes stay tuned.....

DSCN3020.jpgDSCN3020.jpg

DSCN3021.jpgDSCN3021.jpg

DSCN3022.jpgDSCN3022.jpg

DSCN3024.jpgDSCN3024.jpg

DSCN3025.jpgDSCN3025.jpg

#3 8 years ago

some more and where are the upper flippers ?

DSCN3029.jpgDSCN3029.jpg

DSCN3030.jpgDSCN3030.jpg

DSCN3031.jpgDSCN3031.jpg

#4 8 years ago

rather than fix these flippers we will just take them out that sounds like a great idea WTF

DSCN3045.jpgDSCN3045.jpg

DSCN3046.jpgDSCN3046.jpg

DSCN3047.jpgDSCN3047.jpg

#5 8 years ago

Fixed a few hacks and took the DMD assembly from my TOM hooked up the cabinet and no fuses blow, Game Rom was missing I found it in the cabinet under some junk installed it and she fired up. I slowly connector by connector put the playfield wiring into the boards as well and we have life.

DSCN3039.jpgDSCN3039.jpg

DSCN3040.jpgDSCN3040.jpg

DSCN3041.jpgDSCN3041.jpg

#6 8 years ago

Wow. Hope your able to get any missing parts as they are some times hard to find or unobtanium for Dredd.

Your clear pursuit covers at the start of each ramp are available here though they are out of the decals

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=Pursuit

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/parts-by-machine/bally-parts/judge-dredd.html

eBay decals
ebay.com link: Bally Judge Dredd Pinball Machine Playfield Ramp Sign Police Siren Decal NEW NOS

Pursuit Decals I've seen other places though kinda pricey. I may be able to help you on some of your broken or missing plastics.

The left Pursuit metal bracket looks to be missing - hard to find but somewhat easy to make I think
image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 8 years ago

Wow that poor pin. Cant wait to see you bring it back . Thats crazy they took the 2 upper flippers out . This goame relies on the 2 uppeer flippers for most the shots .

#8 8 years ago

Man the flipper removal is hilarious!! I love seeing stuff like this. It is so much more work to do that than just rebuild the flipper. I can't believe it.

#9 8 years ago

Pinrob yes I found and ordered the pursuit plastics and found the decals as well I will need to make the pursuit bracket for the left might need some help on that. also I have a few broken plastics that I am hoping to find. The good news is deadworld and crane functions correctly and the ramps are very nice. I just ordered a restored playfield to put in it just need to get it working before a teardown but should be pretty easy. I just couldn't stand to not buy it. I placed my order for the missing flippers and VUK from marcos and pinball life should have them by end of the week and she will be fully functional.

#10 8 years ago

I may be interested in the old playfield for wall are when your done . Let me know

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I may be interested in the old playfield for wall are when your done . Let me know

No problem I will let you know when done should be rather shortly

#12 8 years ago

What do you guys think of all chromed JD with no topper as opposed to all brass plated do you think it would look right ?

#13 8 years ago

Well all the wire forms are chrome so you got a match there. I think either way is fine though brass does look great on Dredd.

#14 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Well all the wire forms are chrome so you got a match there. I think either way is fine though brass does look great on Dredd.

it does but I have 3 brass games already and 2 in chrome brass does not hold up well at all

#15 8 years ago

Lockdown bar right? I hear ya on it not holding up - wish Chestnut would do more coats of clear or something I'd go chrome as you know it will look nicer longer.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Lockdown bar right? I hear ya on it not holding up - wish Chestnut would do more coats of clear or something I'd go chrome as you know it will look nicer longer.

I have had LD bar side rails hinges, bolts all corrode in 2 years had to replace it all nature of the beast I guess

#18 8 years ago

Wow just remove the flippers and screw in some drywalls, ughhhh.....

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Wow just remove the flippers and screw in some drywalls, ughhhh.....

Yep that's what they did would not have been my first choice not going to lie didn't see that when I bought It it never occurred to me and new playfield coming anyways so no big deal

#20 8 years ago

If you need the crane plastic cover I have an original. I got the Aftermarket one from eBay that Andy "Judgedreads" from the UK sells.

#21 8 years ago

Holy Shit Steve, Did you even go to sleep last night......

I was fortunate enough to see the purchase/transaction at the show. That JD was tired and ready for the glue factory.

Along come Stephen with a mission. Can't wait to play a blinged out Dredd at Ohio in the spring.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

If you need the crane plastic cover I have an original. I got the Aftermarket one from eBay that Andy "Judgedreads" from the UK sells.

I think I am going with aftermarket crane as well

#23 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

Holy Shit Steve, Did you even go to sleep last night......
I was fortunate enough to see the purchase/transaction at the show. That JD was tired and ready for the glue factory.
Along come Stephen with a mission. Can't wait to play a blinged out Dredd at Ohio in the spring.

It only took about 5 hours to get her booted up and playing albeit with 2 flippers instead of 4 should make a nice machine just gotta get parts told you by the weekend though !

#24 8 years ago

Removing those flippers has to go down as the worst hack of all time. Oh my goodness.
Glad to see your bringing it back to life. It's such a great game. Good luck. Can't wait to see your progress.

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Removing those flippers has to go down as the worst hack of all time. Oh my goodness.
Glad to see your bringing it back to life. It's such a great game. Good luck. Can't wait to see your progress.

worst I ever saw cant believe it ........actually cant believe I didn't catch it oh well for $650 what do you want

#27 8 years ago

I saw it but I got a HSA stage 2 playfield that Brian had already ordered

#28 8 years ago

Ok so I have all parts ordered to get it operational, before restoration but I have new speaker panel, cabinet decals, playfield, brass plating etc already ordered just need to find a JD shiny Gold topper and she should be all set. I can't wait to get a junkyard dog back to its full glory and then some going all brass with this one non A titles get no love except by me I find them funner because you never see any done higher end. ffor all the JD is a $1400 game folks I did a RS last year and sold it for $6500 which even surprised me but when the non loverd titles get some love people realize they are a much better game than they thought. My RS restoration thread is underneath check it out.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/roadshow-full-restoration-all-chrome-no-expense-spared

#29 8 years ago

Did you find the playfield plastics you need?

#30 8 years ago

No I need to take pictures I should have them maybe tommorow I have had a rough couple days at work so stay tuned hopefully tommorow thanks

#31 8 years ago

Just don't put more than 1400.00 into it

#32 8 years ago

Are you going NEW cabinet route like you usually do?

#33 8 years ago

I think you should go old school. Block of wood and 80 grit

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

Just don't put more than 1400.00 into it

Funny because I want to get it working fully and it will be under $1400 so people can see a 1400 Jd but then I will show you a 5k Jd and that's parts costs only

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Are you going NEW cabinet route like you usually do?

Wasn't going to but I have a lot of water damage swelling that is going to be a problem so yes new cabinet no other choice

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from Skypilot:

I think you should go old school. Block of wood and 80 grit

I will old school like you with your festool ! But water damage I'm out

#37 8 years ago

good job on bringing this one back from the dead. i think people in general tend to give up too soon on a pin, lol but then again im crazy enough to try and save one that had crazy water damage, most would just dump some of those games.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

What do you guys think of all chromed JD with no topper as opposed to all brass plated do you think it would look right ?

No Topper?!?

#39 8 years ago

I think I changed my mind all brass with topper (need to find one though) going to plate the wire forms and some other parts inside as well

#40 8 years ago

Ok so parts should be here today to make this game fully playable which I need to do before tearing down to restore so I need to clean it up a little bit here are some photos before mini shopping.

DSCN3051.jpgDSCN3051.jpg

DSCN3052.jpgDSCN3052.jpg

DSCN3053.jpgDSCN3053.jpg

DSCN3054.jpgDSCN3054.jpg

DSCN3055.jpgDSCN3055.jpg

#41 8 years ago

All the wireforms are rusted completely I will clean them up a bit but they will be going to Chesnut for brass plating later. Also there was a small wireform in photo 2 that was in the cabinet along with a ton of gottlieb parts ? does this go to this machine anywhere ?
Also parts are in except for the speaker panel and overlay (the wpc95 panel is for TOTAN) so I will hopefully get this thing shopped and together for Friday fully functional. I will total up the parts costs to get it operational I think it will be under $1400 so its possible but then I will make it a $5,000 investment shortly because I'm borderline nuts

DSCN3056.jpgDSCN3056.jpg

DSCN3057.jpgDSCN3057.jpg

DSCN3058.jpgDSCN3058.jpg

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from stephenshane237:

Also there was a small wireform in photo 2 that was in the cabinet along with a ton of gottlieb parts ? does this go to this machine anywhere ?

The wireform is for Dredd, it goes over the drop targets to keep the ball from getting trapped on the plastic above. You can sort of see it in this picture from ipdb:

http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1322&picno=7482

If you need, i can take a picture of mine and upload it tonight.

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from gabegabegabe:

The wireform is for Dredd, it goes over the drop targets to keep the ball from getting trapped on the plastic above. You can sort of see it in this picture from ipdb:
http://ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1322&picno=7482
If you need, i can take a picture of mine and upload it tonight.

Got it thanks just making sure it went to this game

#44 8 years ago

So started trying to clean up the playfield a little bit so I can get her playing before pictures.

DSCN3060.jpgDSCN3060.jpg

DSCN3064.jpgDSCN3064.jpg

DSCN3065.jpgDSCN3065.jpg

DSCN3066.jpgDSCN3066.jpg

#45 8 years ago

Still got a little to do in the back corner I will finish that up tonight it actually cleaned up pretty nice except for the drywall screw holes through the playfield. Parts are in the ultrasonic and tumbler so I can finish up on Friday.

DSCN3070.jpgDSCN3070.jpg

DSCN3071.jpgDSCN3071.jpg

DSCN3072.jpgDSCN3072.jpg

DSCN3082.jpgDSCN3082.jpg

#46 8 years ago

Out of curiosity, what did the cab decals look like? In one of the pics it seems pretty unfaded for such a beat up machine

#47 8 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Out of curiosity, what did the cab decals look like? In one of the pics it seems pretty unfaded for such a beat up machine

Do judge dredds fade? I've seen some beat up games and most have held up well fade wise. I know mine hasn't really faded and it's had a life.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from pinmanguy:

Do judge dredds fade? I've seen some beat up games and most have held up well fade wise. I know mine hasn't really faded and it's had a life.

Yes, if it's in the sunlight
image.jpgimage.jpg

#49 8 years ago

Hi
Here is what I have for JD
Fully powder coated blue wireform ramp set (complete set)
A couple populated playfields
A stripped playfield
A box of misc JD stuff
Etc.

If you are looking for a certain part, Lmk
Thx

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinwow:

Hi
Here is what I have for JD
Fully powder coated blue wireform ramp set (complete set)
A couple populated playfields
A stripped playfield
A box of misc JD stuff
Etc.
If you are looking for a certain part, Lmk
Thx

I am looking for the left pursuit flasher bracket if you have one pm me

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 124 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-full-restoration-from-parts-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.