5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

48944800_231532034416710_2930277536896122880_n (resized).jpg
#1 5 years ago

I picked up a Judge Dredd this week, and I found a problem. The upper left flipper doesn't seem to work in game(the lower left flipper works as I expect). However, the UL flipper flips during a ball search and during flipper tests. Am I missing a setting? Is this perhaps an expected behavior? I haven't played this game before, so I may be missing something obvious.
Also, I opened up the backbox and found a board that doesn't appear to be in the manual I downloaded. I'll include a picture. What is this board? I did see that the DMD controller is a Rottendog, so perhaps this was part of that.

48944800_231532034416710_2930277536896122880_n (resized).jpg48944800_231532034416710_2930277536896122880_n (resized).jpg
#2 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

What is this board?

Looks like a DMD driver board to cure the burned up high power section of the DMD driver board it is piggy backed on.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

The upper left flipper doesn't seem to work in game

In Tests - Switch Edge - if you push the flipper button in slowly do both optos register, first for lower flipper than for upper flipper ?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

In Tests - Switch Edge - if you push the flipper button in slowly do both optos register, first for lower flipper than for upper flipper ?

Ah. No, it only shows one opto register for that button, as opposed to both on the right flipper. So, this is a dirty or bad opto?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from ThatOneDude:

So, this is a dirty or bad opto?

Yes.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.

Ok, looking at the opto boards, the one on the left looks like a single flipper opto. The one on the right is clearly a double opto. I looked in the manual on IPDB, and it shows a single for the left and a double for the right. I am now confused.

#7 5 years ago

I'm guessing they don't specifically label it as a double because that opposite-mount is always double. Very few machines use that opposite mount flipper button. On JD, the second button is in the way to use the standard one.

Anyway, both are definitely double.

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm guessing they don't specifically label it as a double because all lefties are double. Very few machines use a lefty.

Anyway, both are definitely double.

Yeah, I pulled it off and now I can see that it's just arranged differently. Looks like someone did some surgery to this machine at some point. I'm going to test it and see.

#9 5 years ago

That reverse mount lefty is hard to come by, so there's often hacked solutions on that side. You can make the readily available double one that's on the right also work on the left if you need to though: I did.

#10 5 years ago

Turns out, someone replaced the resistor at some point and starved the joint of solder. I resoldered it, and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 199.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-flipper-problem-and-unidentified-board-question?hl=thatonedude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.