(Topic ID: 53333)

Judge Dredd drop target not registering. Problem solved.

By mcclad

10 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

I had removed my drop target assembly from a JD to clean it and install some decals. After I put it back together the drop targets do not register when they drop. If you spot a letter via the subway, the letters advance but the drops do not reset. Both the coils work fine in a solenoid test. The red diode on the opto board is lit. I checked the plug on the opto board and reseated it a few times. In a switch test the J U D G E drops are considered closed. If I am not mistaken, when I physically drop one, it should read open but they still read closed. It worked fine before I removed the assembly and the opto board. Nothing is binding up, the targets drop and reset smoothly. I am out of ideas. Any thoughts on what could be wrong?

#2 10 years ago

Connector on backwards ? Wire loose in connector and you lost power to them ?

If they are closed in test, then tun something between the optos to break the beam and see if they work, if they do the drop target isn't breaking the beam with the tab on it. You didn't put that opto board on backwards with optos facing out, did you ?

LTG : )

#3 10 years ago

I had put the metal washer over the post instead of over the rubber grommet on the circuit board before putting on the e-clip. I guess that millimeter thickness of the washer threw off the optos from registering. Thanks LTG for your input.

4 years later
#4 6 years ago

I rebuilt the drop targets yesterday on my Judge Dredd and I had the issue with the D in J U D G E not registering. Turns out after much aggravation that it was a similar this the opto board was off by a millimeter, I reflowed, I tested and tested.. Finally the targets are going up and down like butter and registering.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 85.00
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 40.00
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-drop-target-not-registering and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.