image.jpg
image-523.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image-249.jpg
image-715.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 851 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.
#751 8 years ago

Removed the trough protector and still the same result. Now I can tell for sure that when the crane takes the balls off of the globe , it definitely is not crossing the plain for the opto of the crane exit. Could that be the root of all these issue's?

#752 8 years ago

Hmm, when my JD crane failed to drop the ball through the opto, I kept playing with double balls. The game thinks one is still on the ring while it's already in play. The game would end when just one of those balls drains. I had never ended balls while one was still in play. Whatever exactly happens: if the game does not see the ball as it comes off the ring, you have trouble.

I can now see why they took it out of the final version. It would be very annoying in employment.

#753 8 years ago

It likely could be.
Can you see why the plastic was moving around in the trough? I hadn't installed mine yet and I would have thought it would fit in tight with no movement. I hope you installed it as the way you received it.

#754 8 years ago
Quoted from FreeBee:

Hmm, when my JD crane failed to drop the ball through the opto, I kept playing with double balls. The game thinks one is still on the ring while it's already in play. The game would end when just one of those balls drains. I had never ended balls while one was still in play. Whatever exactly happens: if the game does not see the ball as it comes off the ring, you have trouble.
I can now see why they took it out of the final version. It would be very annoying in employment.

I'm going to adjust the crane when I get home and see if that doesn't clear the issue. Also , I think I might still have an issue with on of the trough boards. Maybe they aren't lined up correctly? I was thinking of selling it at the Atown show tomorrow but I wouldn't feel right unless all the kinks were worked out first.

#755 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

I was thinking of selling it at the Atown show tomorrow

WHAT??? After what you did with JD. He should be in your lineup FOR-EV-ER
FOREVER.jpgFOREVER.jpg

#756 8 years ago

Or a good year anyway

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

I was thinking of selling it at the Atown show tomorrow but I wouldn't feel right unless all the kinks were worked out first.

#758 8 years ago

SWEET BABY JESUS! Selling it!?!? You've just got to keep the first pin that you shop out and turn it into a family heirloom! No matter how much I want to sell mine I just couldn't even bring myself too after all the hours!

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

I was thinking of selling it

Or not....

#760 8 years ago

I felt like this when I read your responses to me possibly selling the JD.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#761 8 years ago

I have a JD that I bought about 1 yr ago (on my wife's b-day- NOT a good idea to buy a pin on your's wife's b-day, by the way). I have had multiple issues with it and finally feel like it is close to good. Current issue is similar to yours (intermittent power issues). When I poke on the connectors (bottom right side of power board), it seems to work better for awhile.
I was really ready to get rid of this pin (sound board issues you described as well as others. Hasn't worked for half of my ownership). Power through, you have to be near the end. Don't give up now, and I agree with others--- after that much work, you have to keep it forever. You will regret it if you don't. Fun machine when working. Haven't even come close to beating it yet.

#762 8 years ago
Quoted from preore:

I have a JD that I bought about 1 yr ago (on my wife's b-day- NOT a good idea to buy a pin on your's wife's b-day, by the way). I have had multiple issues with it and finally feel like it is close to good. Current issue is similar to yours (intermittent power issues). When I poke on the connectors (bottom right side of power board), it seems to work better for awhile.
I was really ready to get rid of this pin (sound board issues you described as well as others. Hasn't worked for half of my ownership). Power through, you have to be near the end. Don't give up now, and I agree with others--- after that much work, you have to keep it forever. You will regret it if you don't. Fun machine when working. Haven't even come close to beating it yet.

Your right. I do like it a lot. I think the fourth trough opto is flaking out because in the switch edge test I just did, I saw that opto register a few times all by itself with no balls in the trough. It keeps loading 2 balls at a time when I'm in multiball. I think I am going to keep it but I'm definitely getting in trouble from the wife because there is nooooooooo way I'm coming home from the show without a new pin. She asked me not to buy another one because the JD took me so long to restore. Wives just don't understand the pinball addiction.

#763 8 years ago

This goes back to my statement about changing all the transmitter optos in Judge Dredd will be the best thing you can do to make it reliable.

#764 8 years ago

The one Judge Dredd at the Atown show sold in five minutes of the show starting.
I need to get my crane adjusted correctly. What a pita. As soon as a multi ball starts , it throws the ball count off because the crane exit Opto isn't reading the balls coming off the crane.

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

The one Judge Dredd at the Atown show sold in five minutes of the show starting.
I need to get my crane adjusted correctly. What a pita. As soon as a multi ball starts , it throws the ball count off because the crane exit Opto isn't reading the balls coming off the crane.

Nah lets keep that crane off so you wont sell it

#766 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Yea it wasn't very nice I should of brought my mint one but had no room I wanted to meet you at some point

#767 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea it wasn't very nice I should of brought my mint one but had no room I wanted to meet you at some point

Yeah me too. Did you have any pins there for sale?

#768 8 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Nah lets keep that crane off so you wont sell it

For now I won't sell it.

#769 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Yeah me too. Did you have any pins there for sale?

Lots of good deals in the beginning but I was to busy being a chatty Cathy lol o well im happy with my current collection and was getting a shadow but decided not to and really like jy and met

#770 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lots of good deals in the beginning but I was to busy being a chatty Cathy lol o well im happy with my current collection and was getting a shadow but decided not to and really like jy and met

I played that Shadow, it was in really good shape. Love that game.

#771 8 years ago

Adjusted the crane now Dredd is firing on all cylinders.

#772 8 years ago

Loving the Dredd. I actually made it to the Ultimate Challenge tonight for the first time. It's not easy.
Now if I could just get the one channel on the sound board to work right, I'll be golden. I replaced the transistor for that channel but it only made it slightly better. Any suggestions? Should I replace the corresponding cap too?

#773 8 years ago

I would I was having some low sound effect issues on one of my other games. Changing a couple of caps fixed that right up.

#774 8 years ago

I would I was having some low sound effect issues on one of my other games. Changing a couple of caps fixed that right up.

Oh nice. I'm gonna try it then. Thank you.

#775 8 years ago
image.jpgimage.jpg
#776 8 years ago

What? No ColorDMD?

#777 8 years ago

Not yet. Still deciding if I want it or not.

#778 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Not yet. Still deciding if I want it or not.

Trust me you want it

#779 8 years ago

Whats the error?

#780 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Whats the error?

No error, just proud of myself for completing all the chain links on my second ball. It's only the second time iv completed all the links. Tough game.

#781 8 years ago

I spoke too soon. When I hold the left flipper, I hear a deep humming sound. Anyone know what that might be? The flipper works fine but humms.

#782 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

No error, just proud of myself for completing all the chain links on my second ball. It's only the second time iv completed all the links. Tough game.

I was referring to the credit dot? I haven't completed the chain in a while mines playing pretty evil latley .I have all the extra ramps I picked up finally at the show guys been holding them for a year lol they look to possibly be in usable condition but they are still in my ladies car . How are your ramps?

#783 8 years ago

Hmm usually b/w pins flippers dont humm like stern or data east /segas

#784 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I was referring to the credit dot? I haven't completed the chain in a while mines playing pretty evil latley .I have all the extra ramps I picked up finally at the show guys been holding them for a year lol they look to possibly be in usable condition but they are still in my ladies car . How are your ramps?

I think the credit dot is there because I do not have the time and date set yet. My ramps are all in great condition. I have 1 broken plastic where the meltdown balls are but thats it. Your right , most times my JD is evil also, it can be brutal.

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hmm usually b/w pins flippers dont humm like stern or data east /segas

I'm surprised you didn't come home from the show with the Shadow. There was a really nice one there.

#786 8 years ago

At the A-town show that is.

#787 8 years ago

Good news. I think we finally got it right. I'll have one ready by tommorow night.

image.jpgimage.jpg
#788 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

I'm surprised you didn't come home from the show with the Shadow. There was a really nice one there.

Well thats bc we are getting a new met

#789 8 years ago

Crap I'll take one that's almost while you dial it in. Hook me up man! You got what I need!

#790 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Well thats bc we are getting a new met

Lucky dog! Awesome game. Are we getting the pro? Premium? or LE?

#791 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

Crap I'll take one that's almost while you dial it in. Hook me up man! You got what I need!

I got you dog!! Patience Daniel son!

#792 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

Lucky dog! Awesome game. Are we getting the pro? Premium? or LE?

Just the new led pro with shaker price was hard to say no to and I love the pro on met

#793 8 years ago

Only thing is I may have to let my beautiful jd go soon after ,im really trying to keep my current lineup bc its really good but im not rich lol .

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Only thing is I may have to let my beautiful jd go soon after ,im really trying to keep my current lineup bc its really good but im not rich lol .

I understand, this is not an inexpensive hobby by any means.

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

I got you dog!! Patience Daniel son!

You need to diddy mau right the diddy now!

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from Cheddar:

You need to diddy mau right the diddy now!

Does anyone speak Jive?

#797 8 years ago
Quoted from RampShot11:

I understand, this is not an inexpensive hobby by any means.

It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more expensive than my pog's collection.

#798 8 years ago

I saw there was 17 new post from yesterday and I automatically assumed your JD blew up
Did you change those caps yet?

#799 8 years ago

I saw there was 17 new post from yesterday and I automatically assumed your JD blew up
Did you change those caps yet?

No. I had to order them so I should have them tomorrow. I have a pretty descent electronics store by me and they didn't even have it.

#800 8 years ago

What do you guys think? I think I finally have it pretty fine tuned after a few trial and error attempts. I'm picking up a scroll saw tommorow so I will be able to cut the shape of the plastic pretty much perfect. This one was done free hand with a multi saw. Whoever is happy let me know, I'll start making for each.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 85.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 8.50
Lighting - Led
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 851 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-dilemma/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.