3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Choppe1
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Need some help. Was playing my Judge Dredd when it acted up. Was almost like it was searching for stuck balls solenoids all firing. I turned it off, all 6 balls in the trough but giving me a check fuses 114 and 115 error. 115 was good 114 was blown, had to order some replacements. Along with the error 2 solenoids are continuously firing, the kick up ones on sniper tower and from the subway. I recently added some LED lighting effects yesterday? Any help is greatly appreciated.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from Choppe1:

I recently added some LED lighting effects yesterday?

How did you add these LED lighting effects? A clip? Double check to make sure you didn't short anything. F114 is lamp matrix. As Lloyd mentioned, good information and troubleshooting steps @ Pinwiki.

#4 3 years ago

Might be the added LEDs overload the +12V output, causing optos behaving badly. I suggest remove the extra LEDs temporarily and check that F115 is OK. If the game then works, problems is in the LEDs.

#5 3 years ago

Judge Dredd is just about tapped out with its power usage when stock. Adding just about ANY mods to it's existing power will cause problems. I know this from experience.

I hooked up a ColorDMD to mine and that topped it out completely. Once I tried hooking up anything else including an LED strip, I started blowing fuses.

Best advise is to unhook all mods and just run the machine stock on its current power. Hook up a separate power source for any mods you want to power. I put a meanwell power supply in my machine, running it off the service outlet inside with a relay to power it up when the machine comes on. All of my mods were powered by this secondary power source and the fuse issues went away.

#6 3 years ago

Follow up on JD. New fuse arrived and I unhooked all mods except the color DMD and it held. Guessing I overloaded the circuit. Will look into a additional power supply if I want the extra mods working! Glad it was a cheap and easy fix though. Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-difficulties-?hl=tuukka and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.