IMG_1271 (resized).JPG
IMG_1272 (resized).JPG
IMG_1270 (resized).JPG
IMG_1269 (resized).JPG
IMG_1267 (resized).JPG
IMG_1207 (resized).PNG
IMG_1179 (resized).JPG
IMG_1180 (resized).JPG
There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

Ordered. So it looks like I'll have to cut the wires to the connector, what if the wires are too short?

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Yes, will be here the beginning of next week. Or so says UPS.

yeah wait till that arrives and go from there...

something that TC SHOULD HAVE SEEN TO IN THE FIRST PLACE....

#53 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Ordered. So it looks like I'll have to cut the wires to the connector, what if the wires are too short?

Technically you could pull every wire out by hand to save yourself a 1/4 but as long as you cut close to the housing you should be fine

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

yeah wait till that arrives and go from there...
something that TC SHOULD HAVE SEEN TO IN THE FIRST PLACE....

Lol you must've read that previous post.

#55 7 years ago

yes i did.
very disappointing, i hope everything else is ok with the machine.
although i think from memory, you did mention a few other non board issues aside from the corrosion.

#56 7 years ago

Awesome,

New board and wires hooked up. However, the start button still doesn't work. It also displays a "GRN SHORT ROW 3 wht-org R3".

Well that was up until the DMD quit working.

Any ideas?

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Awesome,
New board and wires hooked up. However, the start button still doesn't work. It also displays a "GRN SHORT ROW 3 wht-org T3".
Well that was up until the DMD quit working.
Any ideas?

the color dmd he put in ?

#58 7 years ago

Yes, it worked fine up until I played a game

#59 7 years ago

It's not color

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

It's not color

ah sorry

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

the color dmd he put in ?

Think that was the T3 Gorf fiasco with the color dmd.

Did you repin and put the new connectors on yet that had the battery acid damage? Once you do that it should fix your start button issue. Same thing happen to me and fixing repinning and changing the connectors did the trick.

As for the dmd start easy and check to see if all the wires are connected fully and reseat them including the ribbon cable.

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from phillymadison:

Think that was the T3 Gorf fiasco with the color dmd.

yes it was

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

New board and wires hooked up. However, the start button still doesn't work. It also displays a "GRN SHORT ROW 3 wht-org R3".

Did you repin the J208/J209 connector? Start button seems to be part of the row 3 that you show to have a ground row short on.

Inspect each switch in row 3 to see if you can find any wire disconnected, miswired, damaged diode, etc...

JD switch matrix (resized).pngJD switch matrix (resized).png

#64 7 years ago

As for the dmd start easy and check to see if all the wires are connected fully and reseat them including the ribbon cable.

If that doesn't help, you will need to test the voltages at the DMD. Likely there is a low or missing 68v, -112v or-100v.

Check out section 5.22.8 for Testing DMD Controller Power
http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#WPC_Dot_Matrix_Controller_board

#65 7 years ago

I really feel bad for this guy that for his $3200 PLUS shipping costs, this is the game and troubles he is saddled with.

An absolute shameful sale by T.C.

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

I really feel bad for this guy that for his $3200 PLUS shipping costs, this is the game and troubles he is saddled with.
An absolute shameful sale by T.C.

It super sucks! He shouldn't have to go through all this for a "Fully Working" game that he bought from an actual retailer. T.C. Should be not only paying for all the extra parts but helping him diagnose and fix all the problems.

#67 7 years ago

You guys are awesome, I'll start checking it this afternoon. Sorry about the "T3" it was a typo. It was "R3".

#68 7 years ago

Yup, I replaced the J208 connecter nothing was connected to J209.

I'll check the switches later on.

#69 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

I replaced the J208 connecter nothing was connected to J209.

It depends on where you plugged the wired connector into. They are the same connection, so didn't matter which one it is plugged into. Glad to read that you changed the wired connector.

#70 7 years ago

It super sucks! He shouldn't have to go through all this for a "Fully Working" game that he bought from an actual retailer. T.C. Should be not only paying for all the extra parts but helping him diagnose and fix all the problems.

yep, didnt even want to help ..... extremely poor.

what sort of customer service is that.

#71 7 years ago

Thank you all for your help. I got lucky and found a lucky pinsider to help me. He said the ROM board is fried/needs repair as well.

I'd also like to point out treasure cove is selling a beautiful fully restored judge Dredd for about $2,400. I think he got the pins switched up.

Epically pissed right now.

#72 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

I'd also like to point out treasure cove is selling a beautiful fully restored judge Dredd for about $2,400.

ouch!

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

He said the ROM board is fried/needs repair as well.

ROM board? Only boards that have ROMs are MPU which you just replaced and the sound board. I'm not doubting that you may have received a bad Rottendog MPU, but seems that row 3 fault was still there with the battery damaged MPU. hmmm... Did he bring a MPU with him to test in the game?

Are you up and running or waiting for him to bring a board back once repaired?

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Thank you all for your help. I got lucky and found a lucky pinsider to help me. He said the ROM board is fried/needs repair as well.
I'd also like to point out treasure cove is selling a beautiful fully restored judge Dredd for about $2,400. I think he got the pins switched up.
Epically pissed right now.

who said its beautiful fully restored? where are the pics... so TC can make money on a fully restored JD for 2.4k ? not a chance.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

who said its beautiful fully restored? where are the pics... so TC can make money on a fully restored JD for 2.4k ? not a chance.

http://www.treasure-cove.net/JudgeDredd.htm

#76 7 years ago

Sent to me from a pinsider

#77 7 years ago

WoW, you may want to contact TC and ask them if they'll take back yours in swap...this is a lot of BS to have to go through.

#78 7 years ago

After everything that's happened I doubt it. Might think about that.

#79 7 years ago

That ad is years old.

#80 7 years ago

I wondered, but went to buy it and it took me to PayPal. So I figured it was up to date

#81 7 years ago

I remember that ad from years ago when I was looking for JD. The copyright date is 2005.

Based on your experiences, I'm not surprised their website is woefully outdated.

#82 7 years ago

Regardless, I don't want to put bad information.

2 weeks later
#83 7 years ago

Is your game working now?

#84 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Is your game working now?

Yeah, an update would be nice since we all tore TC a new one.

1 month later
#85 6 years ago

Sorry guys have been busy. TC reimbursed me $150. That's it. A local pinsider helped me fix the game and it is now up to playing quality. I had to sink $700 more into it but I'm happy it's all over. I just got the pin back last week there were several other issues with the game I wasn't even aware of.

If you want more pics, photos or anything else feel free to ask. I'll be on more often from here on.

#86 6 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Sorry guys have been busy. TC reimbursed me $150. That's it. A local pinsider helped me fix the game and it is now up to playing quality. I had to sink $700 more into it but I'm happy it's all over. I just got the pin back last week there were several other issues with the game I wasn't even aware of.
If you want more pics, photos or anything else feel free to ask. I'll be on more often from here on.

not a good experience, sorry this happened.

several other issues ? certainly not surprised..

feel free to share those.... if u want.

#87 6 years ago

Would be very interested in hearing what the other issues were that cost you $700!

1 year later
#88 5 years ago

Please! Yes! Sorry, I kind of gave up after this experience!

#89 5 years ago

I can send you pics of what was done to fix it

#90 5 years ago

I just logged in saw a few concerned pin members. Can I show pictures after this to explain how it was fixed?

Thanks for all your support! After this experience I’m happy to sell my pins and basically be done with it.

Please contact me at [email protected]. I rarely log in anymore.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from Kal_el:

Can I show pictures after this to explain how it was fixed?

That would be a great follow up and a good ending.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
4,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 85.00
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 91 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-battery-leaking/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.