2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by LORDDREK
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LORDDREK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

My JD pin has been running great except the extra ball playfield light was not coming on. I fiddled with plugs and bulbs only to lose the blackout lights in both the chain and the center light as well located above both drain shield and extra ball. All modes function just no playfield illumination.

I ordered a matrix tester but had yet to use it as the game played fine. But a couple times the drain shield got stuck on endlessly feeding balls during multi ball but would eventually correct itself. I assumed it was related to the lights being messed up as described above.

So the other day my stepson is playing a super game and it gets the endless multiball going and plays it like that for probably 45 minutes. I don’t worry much about it but tell him that’s not right and if it happens don’t play it like that and just shut it off.

So of course now something got even more screwed up because when you start a game the balls just keep ejecting out and jamming the launch plunger. If you put the first ball in play it just get into endless multiball mode with all other game functions active during normal game use.

Turning on the game I no longer see a press enter for test report that I used to see when booting up. No credit dot showing. Running a solenoid test nothing functions but the crane and globe slowly twitch. This is confirmed when testing a solenoid I go from running to stopped the twitching stops.

Reading other posts it sounds like opto trough related but this is all new to me. I could really use some hand holding while I learn my way around the inner workings of this machine. Thanks for your time!

#3 2 years ago

Ok. It looks like one side has been replaced it has a blue colored circuit board. Any way to test first?

#4 2 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Trough opto boards, repair or order new

I find that 50% of the time I should inspect things a little better before I run to Pinside. Today was one of those times…

Connector had come off one of the opto boards. Good call Rob.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LORDDREK.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-ball-save-stuck-on?tu=LORDDREK and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.