Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Pic3 (resized).jpg
Pic2 (resized).jpg
Pic1 (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

Hi all,

Before I start, I'm pretty new to pinball maintenance, so apologies in advance if some of what follows is a little dumb on my part. And a quick hello to everyone as this is my first post.

I recently bought a Judge Dredd and am having a problem with some of the lights in the back box. GI strings 1-4 are all OK but I’m having problems getting the remaining lights working, IE the big bulbs that light up features such as the headlights on JD’s bike (See Pic1). I thought originally that this was GI string 5, but looked at http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#General_Illumination_Problems and am not so sure now because it doesn’t go through J120 + J121 and is instead powered from J106 with individual and/or groups of lights being linked to J124 & J125. I’ve never seen this working but am assuming this is because different lights are lit up for different events and the way it works is specific to Judge Dredd.

The power cable (J106 Crimson) seems to be live when it hits the light sockets, so my assumption is the problem is at the other end, IE J124 & J125 or wherever they connect to in order to complete the circuit.

I’ve replaced the original bulbs with LED’s (which is when I realised I had a problem) and also changed (all) the fuses, but it’s always possible that I put in a dud.

The only success I have had is that I noticed Judge Andersons (Pic3) head flash a couple of times at the start of a multiball. I’ve tried to repeat this during light testing from the menu, but no luck so far.

Possibly unrelated, but I have a free two pin female connector that would fit J136. Does anyone know if this should be connected, and if so which way round does it go? (See Pic2 for detail).

Any suggestions of what to try next would be very welcome.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Pic1 (resized).jpgPic1 (resized).jpg

Pic2 (resized).jpgPic2 (resized).jpg

Pic3 (resized).jpgPic3 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

The lamps circled in your photo are flashers, not GI. You can use flasher test to test them. Remember to close the coin door when doing so.

Regarding the loose connector, leave it unplugged. Plugging it in screws with the cabinet button lamps.

#3 6 years ago

Look to see if LED #5 is lit on the power driver board.

#4 6 years ago

Check the Polarity?

2 years later
#5 3 years ago

Answers same question I had too.. Unplugging j136 fixed all sorts of lamp issues on new (to me) dredd

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-backbox-light-problem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.