Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Rascal_H
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hey JD owners - how often do you get up that little Air Raid ramp, and how are you usually making it happen?

I'm still trying to figure out the gameplay, but was wondering if maybe I have to check my leveling or something because I hardly ever get up that ramp - except by accident!

Is the missile launch from the left shooter lane supposed to make it up there? Mine doesn't shoot that far.

Are you supposed to be able to get it from the upper left flipper? Seems like a blocked shot and I've never had luck with that.

Let me know how often you get that ramp because I'd like to see it more!

#2 8 years ago

My launch doesn't get up there and I don't hit it that often either. Cool feature when you do get it though.

#3 8 years ago

From what I believe, it's supposed to be hit from the upper left flipper, although it is a very tough shot to reliably make. It should definitely not be from the lower left launcher, as if that made it up and around, you'd keep ending up with the ball in the same place.

#4 8 years ago

The shot can only be hit reliably from the upper left flipper. I've had it make it there on very rare occasion on a lucky bounce. It's not generally something I shoot for intentionally, so I may hit that shot once in every 3-5 games.

I may be totally wrong, but I think the left lane solenoid can fire at two different strenghths - one for Air Raid, and one for when the ball happens to make it into the lane otherwise.

#5 8 years ago

When I had JD, I'd make it frequntly. It was usually a banked shot though. The air raid mode thing is pointless, bad code and the left auto plunge is always weak. That game left my collection the fastest. Wasn't horrible, but not for me.

#6 8 years ago

Certainly a hard shot, but certainly satisfying.

#7 8 years ago

A little like the Gem shot in Tron. Seems like I usually get it once a game but I rebuilt my flippers. Made a huge difference for me.

From the rule sheet I found here: http://www.pinball.org/rules/judgedredd.html

Air Raid
Ramp to the right of the Sniper Tower. It faces the upper left flipper, but it's a hard shot. There is a light at the base, but it seems to always be lit. It feeds the ball into the kickback/plunger lane. The drop targets will reset, and each one will be lit in turn. You have to hit the left Fire button to fire the ball so that it hits the lit target - I.e: Terminator 2 skill shot. (The ramp actually stops before the lane, and the speed of the ball makes it land in the right spot; however a ball that's going slowly (which only happens when it pops up there from the drop targets) can be fed to the outlane instead. NOT a good design.)

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

It should definitely not be from the lower left launcher, as if that made it up and around, you'd keep ending up with the ball in the same place.

Oh yeah, haha - that would be an endless loop and nut much fun.

Thanks for the replies. Now I don't feel so bad for not hitting it a lot.

Have the game up for trade but the more I play it the more I want to keep it!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

6,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pasadena, TX
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Dunkirk, MD
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
$ 85.00
$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-air-raid-frequency and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.