New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 264839)

Judge Dredd - Active 3D Crane modification

By Davi

7 months ago

Topic Stats

• 79 posts
  • 35 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 28 days ago by Davi
  • Topic is favorited by 27 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 23 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20200315_132232 (resized).jpg
61AB6491-9047-4D0C-9B35-3209CC73DB49 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200827-054539_Drive (resized).jpg
209E2FC4-DF61-48F5-AB2E-64998B1B96AF (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200816-054427_Gallery (resized).jpg
20200705_145354 (resized).jpg
20200705_153100 (resized).jpg
20200705_145548 (resized).jpg
20200705_153126 (resized).jpg
20200419_190902.jpg
whatever (resized).jpg
20200416_212936 (resized).jpg
E9262051-9CAD-4F32-8CBC-C7264D7DD33A (resized).jpeg
F8932ED2-25E3-403D-A467-4BCA7FA53B28 (resized).jpeg
JD Crane (resized).jpg
Crane Mod (resized).jpg

There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 6 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

You are right, the spacing is not equal

Doesn't bother me at all! This mod is very well executed, transforms the ugly crane cover into a 3D model that is Top Notch. Couldn't be happier with it!

#52 6 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

You are right, the spacing is not equal - even the word 'minor' is too much to describe this "problem".

Sarcasm? Towards a potential customer. Can’t really tell, but I was just pointing out how it looked to me. But I see I get downvoted for pointing out something I saw that didn’t look right, and probably could be fixed easily.

Don’t see feedback or constructive criticism as a reason to be upset. Rather, see it as an opportunity to improve.

#53 6 months ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Sarcasm? Towards a potential customer. Can’t really tell, but I was just pointing out how it looked to me. But I see I get downvoted for pointing out something I saw that didn’t look right, and probably could be fixed.
Don’t see feedback or constructive criticism as a reason to be upset. Rather, see it as an opportunity to improve.

No problem for me - and no downvote by me. As I said, I can try to modify it for new cranes. If needed, for shipped cranes I can provide that small insert if it's an issue.
The design is the same since first post, and got a positive feedback from you as well - on first day. That's why an opposite feedback about stripes was strange on day #23. That's it, nothing more. Peace

#54 6 months ago

Done.

20200416_212936 (resized).jpg
#55 6 months ago

Man, I can't wait until I get mine. Maybe another suggestion is to have the yellow slashes on the right side go in the opposite direction so it's more like \\\ ///.

Edit: I attached an image to explain what I'm talking about.

whatever (resized).jpg
#56 6 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Frog:

Man, I can't wait until I get mine. Maybe another suggestion is to have the yellow slashes on the right side go in the opposite direction so it's more like \\\ ///.
Edit: I attached an image to explain what I'm talking about.[quoted image]

The original design is \\\ \\\, that's why I use this pattern. It doesn't mean I can't or won't create your wish

#57 6 months ago

Oh, yeah, don't take that as me being critical about the piece at all. It was just a thought that I had.

#58 6 months ago

Just an FYI to anybody who is installing this on a prototype JD. The crane arm contains a switch which doesn't seem to exist on the production model.

It may have not made a difference, but since I wasn't sure if my game still used the prototypes "ball on magnet" switch I went ahead and drilled a hole through the top of the crane head to allow the switch to still be triggered. Had to use a larger screw and a spacer to allow some play between the mod plastic and switch arm. So far so good.

20200419_190902.jpg
#59 6 months ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just an FYI to anybody who is installing this on a prototype JD. The crane arm contains a switch which doesn't seem to exist on the production model.
It may have not made a difference, but since I wasn't sure if my game still used the prototypes "ball on magnet" switch I went ahead and drilled a hole through the top of the crane head to allow the switch to still be triggered. Had to use a larger screw and a spacer to allow some play between the mod plastic and switch arm. So far so good.[quoted image]

Are you really happy with that? If you are not 100% happy, I would create a custom version.
Let me know.

#60 6 months ago

Davi Installed and 100% satisfied - thank you for this amazing mod!

#61 6 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Are you really happy with that? If you are not 100% happy, I would create a custom version.
Let me know.

Thanks Davi, but that won't be necessary. This will do just fine.

1 month later
#62 4 months ago

This is a must have for a Judge Dredd.

Ill echo other folks here and just say the pics don't do it justice. Comparative to commercial mods I would say this meets or far exceeds in design, appearance and ease of use. Superb!

3 weeks later
#63 3 months ago

Incredible looking mod! Wish I hadn’t purchased the metal one on eBay (also very nice but not as cool as this one) or I’d be all over this.

#64 3 months ago

Amazing looking mod, looking forward to ordering one but I had a question. The current one in my JD is the original one and it has a magnet at the end of it, so that it picks up the ball, places it into the outlane but yours does NOT have a magnet, correct? I just wanted to make 100% sure. It basically just "pushes" the ball into the outlane? I sometimes have an issue with the ball being picked up and dropped by the current one and it gets "stuck" on the DEADWORLD, so I'm wondering if this mod might also alleviate that issue?

#65 3 months ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Amazing looking mod, looking forward to ordering one but I had a question. The current one in my JD is the original one and it has a magnet at the end of it, so that it picks up the ball, places it into the outlane but yours does NOT have a magnet, correct? I just wanted to make 100% sure. It basically just "pushes" the ball into the outlane? I sometimes have an issue with the ball being picked up and dropped by the current one and it gets "stuck" on the DEADWORLD, so I'm wondering if this mod might also alleviate that issue?

The mod is just the outer part of the crane. The innards remain the same. This mod replaces the plastic shell that comes in the original game. This mod fits over the magnet and arm that sit under the original plastic. Think of it as a plastic replacement.. The mech still remains.

#66 3 months ago
Quoted from Calfdemon:

The mod is just the outer part of the crane. The innards remain the same. This mod replaces the plastic shell that comes in the original game. This mod fits over the magnet and arm that sit under the original plastic. Think of it as a plastic replacement.. The mech still remains.

Exactly, thanks for clarification.

Installation info:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/project-paragon-breathing-life-back-into-the-beast/page/14#post-5543240

#67 3 months ago

Update:
1st version for prototype/sample games is done.
Modifications have been made in the gripper and also in the cylinder part to create space for microswitch and actuator.
I am going to send this for test.

20200705_153126 (resized).jpg20200705_153100 (resized).jpg20200705_145354 (resized).jpg20200705_145548 (resized).jpg
#68 3 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Update:
1st version for prototype/sample games is done.
Modifications have been made in the gripper and also in the cylinder part to create space for microswitch and actuator.
I am going to send this for test.

Thanks, Davi. You incorporated the changes seamlessly. Anxious to install and provide feedback. It's such a major improvement vs. the stock plastic.

#69 3 months ago

I received two of these from Peter. Install was fairly straight forward, no issues at all. He did an amazing job on this mod. I've had a few people over (social distancing rules enforced) that have seen it and think it looks fantastic. So much better than that ugly original plastic cover!

This should be a no-brainer for anyone that has a JD.

Thanks again Peter!

#70 3 months ago
Quoted from Alaskanzen:

Ill echo other folks here and just say the pics don't do it justice. Comparative to commercial mods I would say this meets or far exceeds in design, appearance and ease of use. Superb!

Thank you, good to hear!

Quoted from luckymoey:

You incorporated the changes seamlessly. Anxious to install and provide feedback. It's such a major improvement vs. the stock plastic.

I really hope it fits to sample games.

Quoted from dzorbas:

I received two of these from Peter. Install was fairly straight forward, no issues at all. He did an amazing job on this mod. I've had a few people over (social distancing rules enforced) that have seen it and think it looks fantastic. So much better than that ugly original plastic cover!

This should be a no-brainer for anyone that has a JD.

Thanks again Peter!

Thanks, I am ready to send more cranes

1 week later
#71 3 months ago
Quoted from Davi:

Thanks, I am ready to send more cranes

Hope that pin2dmd display worked out for you! I love to barter!

1 month later
#72 72 days ago

Hey All

What an Awesome Mod....

Well done

I have only Just come accross this 3d crane...

This will look fantastic in my Dredd

I do currently have a crane mod along with a few others

No where near done yet

Are you able to ship to Australia yet ?

Can you please let me know when you can ship To Australia

again as I would like to place an order...

Thanks

Keep up the great work...

Screenshot_20200816-054427_Gallery (resized).jpg
#73 71 days ago
Quoted from Useilloosion:

Hey All
What an Awesome Mod....
Well done
I have only Just come accross this 3d crane...
This will look fantastic in my Dredd
I do currently have a crane mod along with a few others
No where near done yet
Are you able to ship to Australia yet ?
Can you please let me know when you can ship To Australia
again as I would like to place an order...
Thanks
Keep up the great work...[quoted image]

Thank you!
I can't ship to Australia. The ban is active. The end date is unknown.

1 week later
#74 60 days ago

can somebody post a picture of the plug that the black and white magnet coil harness plug into. i have 2 extra harnesses just hanging by that area and i want to be sure. thanks

209E2FC4-DF61-48F5-AB2E-64998B1B96AF (resized).jpeg
#75 60 days ago
Quoted from robotron:

can somebody post a picture of the plug that the black and white magnet coil harness plug into. i have 2 extra harnesses just hanging by that area and i want to be sure. thanks
[quoted image]

According to the manual, look for violet-brown connection.

Screenshot_20200827-054539_Drive (resized).jpg
#76 60 days ago
Quoted from Davi:

According to the manual, look for violet-brown connection.[quoted image]

found it. thanks!

61AB6491-9047-4D0C-9B35-3209CC73DB49 (resized).jpeg
4 weeks later
#77 30 days ago

3rd batch is ready.
I can't ship to Australia. The ban is still active.

20200315_132232 (resized).jpg
#78 28 days ago

Can you ship to Argentina? ✌

#79 28 days ago
Quoted from Automata90:

Can you ship to Argentina? ✌

Yes, no problem.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 40.00
Playfield - Plastics
Creo Pinball
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 79 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside