View topic image gallery

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Judge_Dredd.JPG
Dredd_2.JPG
Dredd3.JPG

#1 10 years ago

Completed the trade of No Fear for Judge Dredd today. I just need to get it unloaded, repaired and cleaned. I'm looking foward to asking 1,000 "why doesn't this work" questions!

Actually it's not too bad - one row of lights is out, a coil needs replacing, all flippers need replacing, and a few minor adjustments... plus cleaning. The crane is kind of noisy. Not sure about the trough boards... may need cleaning. I also have a new ramp I can install.

The key is I'm happy. When I bought NF I really wanted a Judge Dredd but just couldn't find one in the price I wanted to pay within the distance I was willing to drive.

I also got to play my old RFM while I was there... that was cool.

Dredd3.JPGDredd3.JPG Dredd_2.JPGDredd_2.JPG Judge_Dredd.JPGJudge_Dredd.JPG

#2 10 years ago

PM me if you have a JD key FOB, manual or mods you'd like to sell. Thanks!

#3 10 years ago

The colours on the cab look good. Nice

#4 10 years ago

Looks good man congrats glad it worked out for you I will have to get down that way sometime and Check it out !!

#5 10 years ago

My deadworld mod from Pinbits came with a mini deadworld ring as a keychain. I thought that was funny as hell. However, other people might not agree.

Quoted from Stack15:

PM me if you have a JD key FOB

#6 10 years ago

Congrats on the Dredd pick up. I had Dredd many years ago that I had to sell because of a Divorce. Love dit so much I had to buy another one a few months ago...

1 year for Flatulence!

#7 10 years ago

finally you got one!!! congrats!!!!

#8 10 years ago

Is this plastic rare or otherwise unusual?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#9 10 years ago

Does anyone have one of these key fobs they would sell for less than this?

ebay.com link: itm

#10 10 years ago

That's either a prototype or sample game. Only those have that plastic

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

That's either a prototype or sample game. Only those have that plastic

Does that mean I'm special? And how do I tell if it is a prototype or sample?

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Spidey171:

finally you got one!!! congrats!!!!

WWWYKI!

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Is this plastic rare or otherwise unusual?

No, you want the one that says Sniper Tower and has an arrow. I just happen to have one.

Wanna trade?

#14 10 years ago

lol o-din. nice!

#15 10 years ago

Congrats on getting a sample JD!!!!

#16 10 years ago

Quoted from o-din:No, you want the one that says Sniper Tower and has an arrow. I just happen to have one.
Wanna trade?

Quoted from dgoett:

lol o-din. nice!

lol...does this thread sound familiar....

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-just-get-a-jd-prototype?ti=1

Congrats Stack! You have a Sample or Proto...

#17 10 years ago

You traded a No Fear straight up for a JD? You got a crazy good deal there!

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

lol o-din. nice!

Can't blame a guy for trying.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The difference is that NF had full LEDs, clearcoated playfield, completely shopped (not by me) and was 100%. I just spent two hours trying to get lights on JD to turn on... nothing.

I'm going to have to start a separate thread for that.

#20 10 years ago

Hey man...check your connections in the back box....reseat those ribbon cables and the lower connectors on the main board...

When I brought mine home....no sound. Reseated a ribbon cable that was stretched when the head was down and sound came back.

If you spent 2 hours trying to get them to come on I am sure you reset the connectors, but thought I would mention it

#21 10 years ago

Thanks... yes... I'm stumped. I have had exactly 20 games come through my collection but have never experienced this problem before. I guess it is a learning experience. The root of the problem is I have one light board that has no lights on it.

This is my other post which is designed to attract the "please help me" crowd.

#22 10 years ago

Now do I get your sniper plastic?

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Congrats Stack! You have a Sample or Proto...

What else would distinguish being prototype or sample as I have that plastic also? Thanx in advance

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#24 10 years ago

Well I guess the obvious is check connectors, check that the bulbs aren't just burnt out(I know I know) check power to them with a dmm

#25 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

Well I guess the obvious is check connectors, check that the bulbs aren't just burnt out(I know I know) check power to them with a dmm

It's fixed! They were flashers.

#26 10 years ago

Current problem = stake out ramp entrance opto is inop. There are several GI lights that don't work too. The crane is really noisey but I think it works correctly. I have barely played the game - maybe about 4 minutes. I'm still in the "fix the broke stuff" stage.

I gave up on the GI lights and moved to the gameplay. I do have LEDs in the mid playfield inserts now.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jwwhite15:

What else would distinguish being prototype or sample as I have that plastic also? Thanx in advance

check this post...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/did-i-just-get-a-jd-prototype?ti=1

#28 10 years ago

Last I checked, JD and NF are worth about the same. Sounds like his NF was a lot nicer and working. What am I missing?

Quoted from LesManley:

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Last I checked, JD and NF are worth about the same. Sounds like his NF was a lot nicer and working. What am I missing?

I have had both games and NF is long gone and not too mention it was a *very* difficult sale as well. JD has 5x the amount of stuff going on that NF does and is a much, much better game IMHO.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sounds like his NF was a lot nicer and working. What am I missing?

I was wondering the same. Dont get me wrong, i love JD. But sure sounds as if the NF was the better side of the deal. Value aside, it had a CC'd pf, and didn't leave you scratching your head when you turned it on. I hope it works out.

#31 10 years ago

Yeah it's a tough one. I had NF for sale for maybe six weeks with nothing. I started at $2,000 and moved to $1,900 OBO. I didn't even get a low ball offer. Nothing. I believe I was the only offer from the guy I bought it from too. The game had a clear coated playfield, nice LEDs (I think cointaker but not 100%) and worked perfectly.

In my mind JD is worth about $200-$300 more in the same condition. And I was tired of NF and had wanted a JD anyway. So straight up... I figured $200-$300 worth of work and I'd have a decent JD. It's still not playable though - having trough and drop target issues now.

#32 10 years ago

I'd like to have a NF right next to JD. That would make me happy!

#33 10 years ago

I have a NF right next to JD, and it makes me and my 3 year old VERY happy, the wife is not so happy, but she tolerates it pretty well.
Replace the trough, Its like $70 from great lakes, or $90 from Marcospec (marco sells the great lakes boards, so...) I'll bet its opto #3, for some reason that seems to be the one that always dies, mine, and another guy I talked to about JD had the same trough problem. I had drop target issues as well, if someone here does not solve you problem I will take a look at mine to remind me what I did to fix it.
Good luck, and have fun.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from buffaloatx:

I'll bet its opto #3, for some reason that seems to be the one that always dies, mine, and another guy I talked to about JD had the same trough problem. I had drop target issues as well, if someone here does not solve you problem I will take a look at mine to remind me what I did to fix it.
Good luck, and have fun.

It shows up as #2 and #4 in switch test. Those boards were sold out almost everywhere. I ordered them from Little Shop of Games for $80.12 shipped. I'm sure that will solve the trough problem.

I am really stumped on the center drop target forced down issue. I have a seperate thread on that now.

#35 10 years ago

Huh, I just took a WAG, about your trough, I guess it does not really matter which opto is dead in the long run.
Here is a link to a replacement
http://www.greatlakesmodular.com/
click the products tab, then scroll down to find this;
Parts for Williams WPC Games
DCS-TBS

WMS Widebody Trough Opto Board Set

$60.00
Looks like it's still in stock here.

#36 10 years ago

I had a head scratcher on my JD and the trough. Balls were launching when they shouldn't, but then I tested all the switches in the trough. Rolled the balls down one by one, all switches worked! Shooter lane switched worked...

After scratching my head, the LED that was jacked was the one on the trough opto board that detects the ball going up the trough. That was annoying.

A while ago I bought a set of Tony's trough boards, and I use the old boards for spare parts, LEDs, whatever. I haven't had to buy new trough boards in a while. Keep the old boards.

#37 10 years ago
Quoted from Stack15:

Does anyone have one of these key fobs they would sell for less than this?
Ebay link

Planet Replicas also has Judge Dredd stuff like key chains.
http://webshop.planetreplicas.com/Judge-Dredd-Badge-Keyring

I haven't ordered one yet but it's on my list of crap to buy.

#38 10 years ago

Thanks everyone! I couldn't figure out how to order from Great Lakes Modular online. So I ordered from the other place.

#39 10 years ago

Bummer, thought they still sold online.

#40 10 years ago

GLM does sell still - just not your average way of ordering, you have to scroll down to the bottom of the page to find the email and then you email what you want and he will get back to you on total.

Right from their site - pretty simple

Contact Us!
[email protected]

Ordering information:

1) To order any of our products, please send an email to: [email protected]

2) Reference the product part number and quantity you would like to order.

Shipping rates for most orders (large orders will be quoted):

Domestic (Continental) US addresses: $7.00 for up to 1 lb., $10.00 for up to 2 lbs.

Contact us for a quote for all international shipping addresses

Payment:

Currently we accept Paypal, US postal money orders, and international postal money orders. No other forms of payment are accepted at this time!

International orders NOTE:

We require a daytime phone number for the customs forms. Your order may be delayed if you do not supply us with one!

#41 10 years ago

Ordering right from Tony is the way to go. He's awesome!

#42 10 years ago

Slightly off topic but what is special about prototype or sample machines?

Congrats on you JD! Hope you get it working soon. I love this game (when it's working correctly).

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Slightly off topic but what is special about prototype or sample machines?

There are others that know a lot more about this but I will chime in...what I have learned from other Pinsiders is that prototype games are used when the factory is dialing in the game, very first games. Sample games are ones that are early production and can be put out on location or with a distributor and the game is evaluated in the field. The factory can then make changes as needed before the main production run.

In JD there are a few differences...green shooter plastic on the left shooter lane, sniper plastic, sticker on the subway, extra board under the playfield, etc...

#44 10 years ago

I ordered the trough boards from Little Shop of Games but they were on back order. So then I ordered the same boards from K's Arcade. They should be here tomorrow. Both seem like good places to do business.

#45 10 years ago

I bought trough opto boards from Great Lakes Modular recently. Cleared up never ending multiball but I still get trough switch errors even though everything there seemingly works good.

#46 10 years ago

Game is now fixed and playing great. I would like to recommend the pinball life 4-Led bulbs.

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
Plastics

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.