Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by PinMonk
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

My judge Dredd had been working fine however the last few times I played it started putting two balls in the shooter lane on start up. The first ball goes in like normal...then there is a 1-2 second pause and another ball is kicked into the Lane. It seems like it doesn't know the 1st ball is there. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this would be appreciated. Thanks. After 2 balls are there it stops. It won't try to put in a 3rd. Even if I launch the 1st ball right away it will automatically load and fire a 2nd into play. If one ball drains the game is over.

#2 9 years ago

I'd first check... correct number of balls installed in game? check shooter lane switch

edit: check trough opto board, dummy (me, not you )

#3 9 years ago

Put new balls to guaranty consistent size. Trough opto board may be intermittent in spots but not sure. Is there a way to clean the Optos or adjust them? Or is the board shot altogether? Help verifying this would be appreciated.

#4 9 years ago

You can try to clean them with some ethanol on a q-tip. Also check the trough for any divots. This can cause ball count problems.

http://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Williams_WPC#Trough_opto_boards

#5 9 years ago

Inspect the trough boards for dull or cracked solder.

Check if the transmitters actualy transmit, use a camera to see the infrared beams.

#6 9 years ago

I had this problem. If you recently added the deadworld mod you need to put that trough plastic inside the trough. It de-magnetizes the balls or something.

Or count all the balls and make sure you have the correct amount. I found one inside the machine pinned against the ball corner and put it back on the playfield. Turns out I had seven in the machine and it did the same.

Or do the trough inspection like noted above.

#7 9 years ago

Thanks everyone for the help! I swapped the transmitter board from my sttng into jd and it works. Now I need to figure out which component failed on my transmit board so I can replace it. I know they sell the board but it would be cheaper if it was a bad resistor or emitter. Any ideas how to narrow it down?

5 years later
#8 4 years ago

I am having the same issue. Originally the test report said I had a bad switch in the trough. Pulled that out and found a bad ir led that I fixed with solder. Now the test report is clear, but it's still kicking out 2 balls occasionally. Looks like I have a bad switch on the left ramp entrance.
Where is the transmitter board you replaced?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from Morpheus1975:

Thanks everyone for the help! I swapped the transmitter board from my sttng into jd and it works. Now I need to figure out which component failed on my transmit board so I can replace it. I know they sell the board but it would be cheaper if it was a bad resistor or emitter. Any ideas how to narrow it down?

I'd try re-flowing the solder to the optos and board connector first. You likely just have a cracked solder joint from vibration.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 65.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 17.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

5,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Minneapolis, MN
$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
DevilsMuse Arcade

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Richardson, TX
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
New Castle, CO
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 72.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, TX
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/judge-dredd-2-balls-too-shooter-lane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.