Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by CadillacMusic
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hey everybody. I recently took in a Judge Dredd on trade. What an amazing game! It took me a few days to realize that only one speaker is working (left speaker in backbox panel).

The working speaker is the one where the audio from the sound board meets it and then it appears to split off to the right speaker which is not making any sound but the connections seem correct (no loose or missing wires). I tested the non-working speaker with a separate audio source and it works fine.

Also, the woofer in the cabinet is not on. Any suggestions, guys? Thank you!

#3 1 year ago

Basic check - are all the plugs at the bottom of the board plugged in?

#4 1 year ago

cadillacmusic Thanks for the reply. Yes, the connections at the board look correct. I have re-seated the connector just in case. It's especially odd to me that the left speaker is working which appears to be where the connection comes in from the board, but the daisy-chain to the right speaker is not working even though the wires/soldering looks fine. There isn't a connection directly from the board to the right speaker so I have to assume it receives audio from the left speaker.

I haven't done much homework on the woofer in the cabinet yet.

#5 1 year ago

It sounds like the speakers are wired correctly, but there may be a break in the wire. Have you tried jumping directly from one speaker to another with a pair of 'gator clips?

#6 1 year ago

cadillacmusic Yes, I tried running speaker wire from the working speaker to the non-working speaker and it does not work. However, I know the speaker that is not functioning currently does work as I hooked a separate audio source up to it and audio was working through it.

#7 1 year ago

...well, there are two channels, but the left and right speakers should be the same one, with the other being the sub. I'm not sure how you can hook up a working speaker like that and not have it make noise. Can I get a pic of the back of the speakers?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,799 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Denver, CO
$ 47.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside