Topic Stats

• 45 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by o-din
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SCAN0055 (resized).JPG
Unknown (resized).png
tenor.gif

#1 1 year ago

FIREPOWER!

#2 1 year ago

Screaming for Porridge.

#3 1 year ago

I thought of the classic pin when I saw the title. Priest hasn't been the same since Painkiller. Probably won't buy this one either.

#4 1 year ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

Screaming for Porridge.

Lol was gonna say screaming for Geritol myself

#5 1 year ago

Sounds totally rip-ass to me, if the whole album is this good it would be their best:

#6 1 year ago

Priest rules.

I'll be seeing them a couple times in March and again in Germany in August.

#7 1 year ago

Damn I watched the video and these guys still rock. I will have to retract my Geritol joke! I saw them many times from 79-early 80’s

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Damn I watched the video and these guys still rock. I will have to retract my Geritol joke! I saw them many times from 79-early 80’s

Metal keeps you young.

#9 1 year ago

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/saxon-and-black-star-riders-to-support-judas-priest-on-firepower-north-american-tour/

April 22nd. Los Angeles. Saxon opens. Never seen judas seriously now seems like good time to do that.

#10 1 year ago
Quoted from pinkid:

I thought of the classic pin when I saw the title. Priest hasn't been the same since Painkiller. Probably won't buy this one either.

and your Point? Painkiller was a very good album and you are missing out. =)

#11 1 year ago

Priest rules. I'm seeing them in a few months. They are one of the last of the old school bands.

#12 1 year ago

"I'll bring you the head of a demon" is the opening line of a new song.

I'm happy for the people who enjoy that music that they have new stuff released, but I never was one for fantasy metal.

#13 1 year ago

Halford is 66....

Quoted from bonzo442:Damn I watched the video and these guys still rock. I will have to retract my Geritol joke! I saw them many times from 79-early 80’s

Halford is 66....

#14 1 year ago

I've been a fan since the 4th grade when I purchased Screaming For Vengeance. Based off of the Lighting Strike song they just released I think it's going to be a ball buster of an album. Totally looking forward to it and already have tickets for the DC show.

#15 1 year ago

Painkiller is a great album. Turbo, Ram it Down, Nostrodumbass and Angel of Retro aren't to me. I still prefer the Sad Wings through Defenders era best. Jugulator was a good album too, even though baldy didn't sing.

#16 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Halford is 66....

Amazing voice

#17 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/saxon-and-black-star-riders-to-support-judas-priest-on-firepower-north-american-tour/
April 22nd. Los Angeles. Saxon opens. Never seen judas seriously now seems like good time to do that.

I need to go to this show. Just told a friend that I need to go to a concert. Bonus with Saxon.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Painkiller is a great album. Turbo, Ram it Down, Nostrodumbass and Angel of Retro aren't to me. .

Angel was a great comeback album. Their last one Redeemer was perfectly average. I'd expect the same out of the new one. Doesn't really matter Priest always delivers a great setlist with the hits, a couple deep cuts, and a few new ones.

#19 1 year ago

Wow, Rob is still at it. Screaming for Vengeance is the album I remember most with Living after Midnight(different album) as the song I liked most.

#20 1 year ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Painkiller is a great album. Turbo, Ram it Down, Nostrodumbass and Angel of Retro aren't to me. I still prefer the Sad Wings through Defenders era best. Jugulator was a good album too, even though baldy didn't sing.

hated Turbo when it first came out. I enjoy it a lot more now.
Same thing happened with Nostradamus .
Ram it down was freaking awesome and seen the Concert at the Hollywood Sportatorium or whatever it was called before they tore it down. I do believe it was the only time at the End they actually started the Motorcycle..
Hard as Iron is my Favorite from the album Ram It Down . How can you not like that one / From Beg 2 end I like that one

I liked The Non Halford Priest Albums too I will admit. Again not at first
If it wasn't for the split we wouldn't have all the other great HAlford Stuff . So win win

Did not like this Lightning song or video however that much /OMG did I say that

Happy new Year all. Enjoy Life
Life is now .open your minds

#21 1 year ago

I hear it’s their long-awaited Christmas album - “Judas is the Reason for the Season.”

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hear it’s their long-awaited Christmas album - “Judas is the Reason for the Season.”

That would be Easter

#24 1 year ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That would be Easter

Fair point. "You've Got Another Thing (Second) Coming" could be a great follow-up tune. And "He Is Risen" has real potential as a song title ...

#25 1 year ago

tenor.gif

#26 1 year ago

To say I was a huge Priest fan is an understatement. Saw them three times in the 70s, twice in the 80s, and once more in 1991 with Alice Cooper, Motorhead, and Metal Church in Irvine. It was epic! They sure went thru a lot of drummers.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from PinFever:

hated Turbo when it first came out. I enjoy it a lot more now.
Same thing happened with Nostradamus .
Ram it down was freaking awesome and seen the Concert at the Hollywood Sportatorium or whatever it was called before they tore it down.

I love Turbo. Always have and always will. Yeah I wish they used real drums on it, but the songs kick ass especially Out in the Cold (was awesome as a show opener) and Reckless, and they still do Turbo Lover to this day.

The old shit is good too, but their "golden era" had to be Hell Bent for Leather, Stained Glass, Point of Entry, and the king - British Steel. The thing I love about Priest as they are so unpretentious. What other band gets a singer from a tribute band for a few albums? They did and don't give a shit what others think.

#28 1 year ago
Quoted from Methos:

I love Turbo. Always have and always will. Yeah I wish they used real drums on it, but the songs kick ass especially Out in the Cold (was awesome as a show opener) and Reckless, and they still do Turbo Lover to this day.
The old shit is good too, but their "golden era" had to be Hell Bent for Leather, Stained Glass, Point of Entry, and the king - British Steel. The thing I love about Priest as they are so unpretentious. What other band gets a singer from a tribute band for a few albums? They did and don't give a shit what others think.

One discography I am PROUD to own the whole Kit and Caboodle // I do not own but one other discography and it is Black Sabbath. Close to having all of Iron Maiden as well.... So happy I grew up During that era Of music compared to now .

#29 1 year ago

Caution: some content may be unsuitable for some readers.

OK, thanks everyone who responded or read interestedly. However, I must correct some of you )

1) Stained Class is the best studio album. You just can't argue that point. Well, you can, but you're obviously delusional.

2) For me, Screaming for Vengeance was the Exit sign on the Priest highway. It was tolerable, but then they seemed to get into a rut of some kind of Techno-Terror genre that left me cold.

3) Unleashed in the East, which is basically Greatest Hits Live, is one of the best live performances ever recorded. The up-tempo delivery of the songs make virtually every song better than the studio version.

4) Diamonds and Rust is the best breakup song ever.

5) Rob's black leather outfits were basically the fashion for gay clubs at the time, and somehow it took over many heavy bands and was wildly popular but apparently nobody put it together. Pretty funny to me.

6) Yes, Rob sounds just as good as ever and they put on a great show. Tipton is still in top form but Downing's replacement needs to work on his timing. Glen and KK were like 2 pieces of silk where you couldn't find a seam where one ended and the other began.

and finally

7) Yes, Rob looks like a yard gnome these days...so what?

PS:
Iron Maiden is a Judas Priest wanna-be knock-off!

Just yanking you Maiden guys' chains...but that's how I feel about IM. It's OK if you guys like 'em and hate Priest. Just personal taste

#30 1 year ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

OK, thanks everyone who responded or read interestedly. However, I must correct some of you )
1) Stained Class is the best studio album. You just can't argue that point. Well, you can, but you're obviously delusional.
2) For me, Screaming for Vengeance was the Exit sign on the Priest highway. It was tolerable, but then they seemed to get into a rut of some kind of Techno-Terror genre that left me cold.
3) Unleashed in the East, which is basically Greatest Hits Live, is one of the best live performances ever recorded. The up-tempo delivery of the songs make virtually every song better than the studio version.
4) Diamonds and Rust is the best breakup song ever.
5) Rob's black leather outfits were basically the fashion for gay clubs at the time, and somehow it took over many heavy bands and was wildly popular but apparently nobody put it together. Pretty funny to me.
6) Yes, Rob sounds just as good as ever and they put on a great show. Tipton is still in top form but Downing's replacement needs to work on his timing. Glen and KK were like 2 pieces of silk where you couldn't find a seam where one ended and the other began.
and finally
7) Yes, Rob looks like a yard gnome these days...so what?
PS:
Just yanking you Maiden guys' chains...but that's how I feel about IM. It's OK if you guys like 'em and hate Priest. Just personal taste

With priest, you basically have the old school fans (like you), the 80s fans who think defenders and screaming are the best, and the painkiller fans.

I like all of it really. I am inclined to agree that stained class is probably their best, but British Steel and Painkiller give it a run.

#31 1 year ago

When I was quite young and first heard Victim of Changes, that was the song that defined Priest for me. I love that song to this day. I listened to Unleashed in the East a lot, since I was too young to see concerts live.

I enjoyed the Priest ride through Screaming for Vengeance, and then basically lost interest, and stuck with the older stuff. I did enjoy Painkiller, since by that time my primary metal tastes had changed to heavier and faster metal styles.

Regardless, Priest is iconic, despite all the various style and lineup changes throughout the decades. Definitely need to check them out live if you have not.

#32 1 year ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Unknown (resized).png

#33 1 year ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Unleashed in the East, which is basically Greatest Hits Live, is one of the best live performances ever recorded.

Notice how on the cover drummer Les Binks is not shown. It was at this time it was already decided he would no longer be in the band although that is him on the album.

Although it is a great live recording, they were much much tighter and better at the small club I saw them at on that tour. Still blows my mind thinking about it.

#34 1 year ago

For a debut album Rocka Rolla never seemed to get a lot of love, and maybe deservedly so. When Hell Bent came out it seemed obvious they were heading to or trying for commercial success although it has good production and some great songs.

Stained Class
Sad Wings of Destiny and
Sin After Sin

are to me the three best and all must haves.

Quoted from cody_chunn:

Did Slayer ever cover an IM song?

#35 1 year ago

Unleashed in the studio!

Not that it matters, but I believe almost all the vocals were done in the studio as tapes were unusable for some reason.

#36 1 year ago

Tell you what about that voice on that tour. It could have broken every window in Hollywood that night. It didn't crack once.

I don't know what the six glasses he had sitting in front of the drum kit were, orange juice or screwdrivers, but whatever they were it worked.

#37 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Did Slayer ever cover an IM song?
»

Iron Butterfly, yes, Iron Maiden, not to my knowledge

#38 1 year ago

That's OK. Priest covered a Joan Baez song.

Then took a lot of heat when they covered Spooky Tooth's "Better By You, Better Than Me."

#39 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's OK. Priest covered a Joan Baez song.
"

And SOD covered the cover

#40 1 year ago

So fat chance Diamonds and Rust will make it into the pinball game. Oh well, it's been played to death anyway.

In 1979 on their second time thru So Cal that year, they did a free concert at Cal State Long Beach sponsored by a local radio show KNAC that gave out the tickets. Once again, yours truly was first in line. We had a lot of time on our hands.That was the machine gun show.

The day of the show they took calls at KNAC and I talked to Halford on the phone for a while. I told him I was at the Starwood show a few months back and how epic it was. Then put in a request. He said maybe, but I was denied.

#41 1 year ago
Quoted from cody_chunn:

Lots of knock offs, but I wouldn't say IM is one. Accept and the Scorpions, defiantly.

#42 1 year ago

We had a lot of time on our hands.

SCAN0055 (resized).JPG

#43 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

We had a lot of time on our hands.

Spicoli!

Great photo!

rd

#44 1 year ago

That's Chuck Jennings with the Floyd shirt. 3 years before Spicoli. He is or was the prototype. lol

#45 1 year ago

Hmmm, October 1979. 4 months out of high school, no more access to the school's weight room and a twelve pack of beer every night. I was getting to be quite the doughboy for a while.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 45.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside