DSCN1838.jpg
DSCN1836.jpg
DSCN1818.jpg
DSCN1798.jpg
DSCN1790.jpg
DSCN1789.jpg
DSCN1764.jpg

#1 8 years ago

I'm restoring a rather worse for wear Williams Jubilee that I saved from being a parts machine. A lot of the switches have been mangled by a former owner, so adjustments are going to be in order. IPDB has the manual, but no schematic. Before I spend 20 dollars on a physical copy, I wanted to see if anyone happened to already have a scan of the schematic for this game or the two player variant, Darling, that they would be willing to email or PM to me.

EDIT: Ballzofsteel kindly assisted with the schematic. I thought I'd rename this to be more of a general thread about Scott and I restoring our Jubilees.

forumjubilee.jpgforumjubilee.jpg
jubilee2.jpgjubilee2.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Hey Joe -

I am in the exact same boat - saved a machine from the junkyard (yours is in better shape than mine). I am restoring and donating it to our church's Christmas Auction for the area food bank.

I have rebuilt most of the backbox so far. Entire cab was repainted for some reason, so working on stencils too. Gutting the bottom will be next. Got to have a new floor and new rear panel. Some wiring is suspect.

Let me know if you need any pics or any other help. I am just up the road in SC...I am sure we can swap horror stories. I don't have a schematic but if I come across one I can let you know.

-scott

ps. Here's a pic of the side of the backbox...look what was hiding under that pretty "repaint"Jubilee_SideofHead.jpgJubilee_SideofHead.jpg

#3 8 years ago

That's some paint job, Scott! My main problem is with water damage. All the paint is completely washed off on the front of the cabinet and the wood is delaminating in several places. The backglass also has a crack through the middle of it. Still, you get what you pay for, and when you pay nothing you accept a few challenges.

My goal is a little less altruistic than yours. I'm fixing this up for my mother. The Star Explorer I gave her has been a big hit at family get togethers, so I bought her a Williams Stardust to give her a full size pin to play. When the Jubilee came up, I figured it would make a nice companion piece. I figure this should really go over well because it's a great multiplayer game, since you sabotage each other getting the balls over on your turn.

We can definitely lend each other moral support as we bring these ladies back to life. It's going to be a lot of fun!BackglassCrack.jpgBackglassCrack.jpg
JubileeFront.jpgJubileeFront.jpg

#4 8 years ago

I have a Jubilee schematic. It isn't scanned but I can send pictures.

#5 8 years ago

Awesome! Thank you so much for offering. I knew if I was patient someone from the community would come through. If you can take a few fairly high resolution pictures of it in sections, I should be able to "sew together" a complete version for Scott and IPDB, too. You're a scholar and a gentleman, sir.

#8 8 years ago

Yep - your front looks like the bottom of the cab on mine. I am just about finished cleaning and adjusting everything in the back box. Next will be to pull the bottom apart and start cleaning etc. Had a couple of mouse nests in there. Hopefully not too much damage to the harness - that's my biggest fear.

I'll probably wait and repaint everything at once. Learning Illustrator as I go...here's the work so far on recreating the sides of the backbox...Head_Goodart.pngHead_Goodart.png

#9 8 years ago

Nice work, Scott. Looks like you're getting the hang of it quick. I was going to go the frisket paper, tracing, transferring to plastic route, but your method may yield better results.

Mark, aka Balzofsteel, very kindly took some pictures of the schematic. I'm not sure if I'll be able to stitch them together, but I'll gladly send the individual pictures on to you, Scott, if you'll PM me your e-mail address.

I did see the auctions for the schematics. As I said, I was trying to avoid spending 20 dollars, and thanks to Mark I've succeeded. If it were a Gottlieb schematic I would have had no choice, but thankfully Planetary Pinball is a lot more tolerant in regards to documentation. Someone that insists on having original paperwork will buy the one on eBay eventually. I just want to get the game going.

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from JoeNewberry:

I did see the auctions for the schematics. As I said, I was trying to avoid spending 20 dollars,

sorry I guess it was late and failed to read the full posting.

#11 8 years ago

That's alright. Thank you for trying to help.

#12 8 years ago

I'm thinking about modifying the game, since it's in poor shape and it's not an uncommon title. I'm toying with the idea of adding some kind of in-game bonus collect. Not sure where or how yet. I'd kind of like to do something along the lines of Bally games like Gator where you get a gate open and get the ball back into the shooter lane to collect. It'd be nice if I could tie it into the Newton's cradle, maybe you get all the balls to one side you get an extra ball and it turns on a self-holding relay, get the balls onto the other side from there, that relay keeps a path open to the bonus collect, which it does and then the self-holding relay releases and it goes back to awarding an extra ball. Just thinking outloud about it. I usually like things to be original, but this seems like a good candidate for trying something more.

Looking at the schematic, this seems doable. I really need to get the game working to know for sure, but I think I could rig it to collect bonus the second time you got the balls over. That would really change the dynamic of the game. I could see disabling the bonus advance from knocking the ball over to the other side, too. Then your advances have to come from the rollovers buttons, the gate at the top, and the rollover lanes. So you'd need to keep the ball up at the top to build up your bonus, then work the cradle to try to collect it during the ball. That might make it too hard.

I could see making the kickers do more, too. Add a ball return on the left side that's activated when the right side kicker is lit, and a save gate on the right side that's activated when you get in the left kicker when it's lit. Just a thought. That might be getting too complicated. If it will collect bonus in game with one added make break switch and a self-hold relay, that'd be good enough. I think it'd be better for it not to award double bonus that way. Then there is still value in building up your bonus before draining.

#13 8 years ago

I think those are good ideas. You are right that these are probably good games to 'experiment' with. I'll post pics when I return from vacation next week. Just about time to get the cab stripped out.

-scott

#14 8 years ago

Hmm. I do see a potential problem. While it's collecting bonus the ball is still flying around. That may get the game all agitated. I'm currently restoring the Williams Stardust I mentioned, because it's in better shape, so it will be a bit till I have much to share. Have a good vacation, Scott.

2 months later
#15 8 years ago

Some updates...
Steppers and score reels cleaned
DSCN1736.JPGDSCN1736.JPG

Now on to the beautiful body...I think this was a Jubilee LE back in the day...
DSCN1764.JPGDSCN1764.JPG

PF as I got it...
DSCN1789.JPGDSCN1789.JPG
DSCN1798.JPGDSCN1798.JPG
DSCN1790.JPGDSCN1790.JPG

PF being torn down...
DSCN1818.JPGDSCN1818.JPG

After a good cleaning...
DSCN1836.JPGDSCN1836.JPG
DSCN1838.JPGDSCN1838.JPG

#16 8 years ago

PF is just too beat for just a clean and shop...going to have to sand, touchup and clear it.

Bottom panel needs to be replaced...
DSCN1855.JPGDSCN1855.JPG

Back needs attention...
DSCN1857.JPGDSCN1857.JPG

Clean vs untouched steppers under PF...
DSCN1874.JPGDSCN1874.JPG

PF after first sealing coat of clear - I had already done a little keyline touchup here as well...
DSCN1890.JPGDSCN1890.JPG
DSCN1893.JPGDSCN1893.JPG

#17 8 years ago

Lots of touchup work on PF to do.

Bottom panel removed...
DSCN1919.JPGDSCN1919.JPG

Making stencils for cab repaint...hate to lose that LE finish...
DSCN1925.JPGDSCN1925.JPG
DSCN1927.JPGDSCN1927.JPG

#18 8 years ago

New bottom panel...
DSCN1930.JPGDSCN1930.JPG

1 year later
#19 6 years ago

Any more pictures of the finished restoration?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
Gameroom Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jubileedarling-schematic-scan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.