Capture (resized).PNG
Jubilee Schematic.pdf (PDF preview)
received_10213877240716654.jpeg
received_10213877239676628.jpeg
received_10213877241476673.jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
#1 5 years ago

1973 Williams Jubilee

In the middle of a game it just went dead, no lights, flippers, or anything.

All fuses verified with a multimeter, all the correct voltages coming out the transformer. I replaced the fuse holder and the lock coil, verified continuity of the switches on the lock and game over relay but still dead

If I manually trigger the lock relay it lights up again but it looks like it is still on the game it was playing when it died. I'm a little stumped

#2 5 years ago

Check Lock relay sw. D, and the Game Over relay. Do you have a quality schematic scan you can post?

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#3 5 years ago

These pictures are the best I have

received_10213877239676628.jpegreceived_10213877239676628.jpegreceived_10213877240716654.jpegreceived_10213877240716654.jpegreceived_10213877241476673.jpegreceived_10213877241476673.jpeg
#4 5 years ago

Ummmm, no. Can you get to a Staples and get one? $2

Did you check the Lock relay sw.?

#5 5 years ago

Maybe this will help you out. I have the same pin. Just click on it.

Jubilee Schematic.pdfJubilee Schematic.pdf
#6 5 years ago

Much better. Thanks Kickout!

Check score motor sw. 5A for cleanliness and good contact.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#7 5 years ago
Williams 1973 Jubilee.pdfWilliams 1973 Jubilee.pdf
#8 5 years ago

Everything mentioned so far checks out fine

#9 5 years ago

Check all the Tilt switches?

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from currieddog:

Check all the Tilt switches?

I may have but I'll check em again.

I pulled out the playfied and it still does it

#11 5 years ago

Consider yourself lucky?

#12 5 years ago

At the risk of asking an obvious question, what does it do if you press the Replay button?

And I don't know what symptom you're diagnosing.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

At the risk of asking an obvious question, what does it do if you press the Replay button?
And I don't know what symptom you're diagnosing.

I was playing a game and for no apparent reason it turned off like it was unplugged and stayed like that. The only way to get it to show any signs of life is to manually push the lock relay and then the head and playfied lights up like it was still in the middle of the game it died during. Pressing the replay button does nothing when it's dark or when I'm holding in the lock relay

#14 5 years ago

Does pressing the Left Flipper button activate the Lock relay?
When you push the Lock relay, does it stay activated?

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Does pressing the Left Flipper button activate the Lock relay?
When you push the Lock relay, does it stay activated?

No to both

#16 5 years ago

Then inspect and diagnose this circuit with Alligator clip jumper wires.

Pinball (resized).pngPinball (resized).png
#17 5 years ago

HowardR for the win again

Jumped B-Y-W and - Black- at the 15a fuse and it came back to life. Weird part is its a new fuse holder and new fuse that tested good out of circuit

It resets and plays mostly fine, occasionally the score motor makes an extra rotation during reset, and, the captive ball kickers don't work. When the ball goes in the space I can hear the score motor running continuously but it doesn't kick the ball out

#18 5 years ago
Quoted from Action53:

When the ball goes in the space

What does this mean?

#19 5 years ago

The to spots I scribbled yellow

Screenshot_20180903-000417_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20180903-000417_Chrome.jpg
#20 5 years ago
Quoted from Action53:

The to spots I scribbled yellow
[quoted image]

Simple circuit to troubleshoot assuming both "shooter" coils are good ( they really never go bad) and the wiring to them, including the common wire to them is intact:

There is a "Shooter" relay. Find it and make sure the contacts on the switch with the Blue=Red wire are clean and adjusted properly. On the score motor, Cam 4 (5th Cam away from the motor itself) the switch at the bottom of the stack needs to be verified as clean and properly adjusted to make when the cam is rotated and at the high spot during a motor cycle.

Only other possibility is a corroded or not fully inserted Jones Plug between the Playfield and bottom board or broken wire. Best chance for a broken wire is the Jones Plug or the common Shooter coil feed which I recall comes off of a Flipper Coil.

#21 5 years ago

The game not powering was a bad brand new fuse that tested good out of circuit, I replaced it with another new fuse and it's good now.

The kickers were a dirty switch on the shooter relay and some dirty/out of adjustment switches in the holes

Thanks guys

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jubilee-went-dead-in-the-middle-of-a-game- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.