3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 36 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by rotordave
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 3 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg
    hqdefault_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

After months of collaboration from some of Pinsides leading contributors, we can announce that the long awaited Jpop game, Magic Girl will be shipping very shortly.

A top team of Pinsiders pooled their skills to make this happen.

- wbrandes put in a large sum of money, plus paid off Johns Starbucks tab to enable the supply of Vente Cafe Mochas to keep the inspiration levels off the charts

- panzerfreak came on board to assist with "The Toys" (TM) He has managed to fit 42 of them on the Playfield, even more than WOZ

- Centerflank has custom made all the aprons for the run. Every single apron will be treated with his patented "ball rubbing" technique, then clear coated to preserve the freshness.

- O-Din came on board, then quit, then came back on board, then quit, and came back again. He is custom doing the sounds, based around the classic track Hokus Pokus, by Focus.

- Pinchroma is doing the powdercoat. His driver came over last night and picked up all the metal work, and it'll be triple coated in custom colours that'll make your eyes bleed.

- Mr and Mrs Mezelmods are doing all the mods for the game .. Any other mod makers, the C&D Letter is in the mail.

- Aurich is providing all art for the game. His focus has been Bevel and Emboss, and he has specially developed a new Comis Sans based font for all the inserts.

- Kaneda is handling all the PR for the game now. His first step was to issue a press release bagging the art director for the Bevel and Emboss and new Comic Sans based font.

- Ben Heck is back on board. He will handle programming. He has added some new modes including "come to RotorDaves house and totally empty his beer fridge" His ability to program while drunk continues to astound us all.

- JPOP is staying on board. His primary role will be to make the 12 Starbucks runs a day, and to sit in the corner designing the next 9 games and setting up websites about them.

- JJP will be building the game for us. He is squeezing the run in before the Lawler game "Monopoly meets Roller Coaster Tycoon" We fully anticipate that he will have one in your games room in 2021, all stars aligning.

- special preorders available today ... $14,999 delivered, and Jpop and Heck will drive around together in an Uber and assemble it for you for no extra charge. You must be paid in full by 11.59 today.

I think that about covers it!

Any questions, fire away.

rd

#2 3 years ago

Will an additional training course be made available in order to learn enough pinball and breathing techniques to be able to fully appreciate this marvel of technology? If so, will refreshments be available at said training course?

#3 3 years ago

I heard Lyft offered to do the drive-by deliveries for free but were turned down because they felt the 'mustacheo' look clashed too much with the table's new aesthetic.

#4 3 years ago
    Quoted from cogito:

Will an additional training course be made available in order to learn enough pinball and breathing techniques to be able to fully appreciate this marvel of technology? If so, will refreshments be available at said training course?

Yes, we have Carl on board. I was keeping that announcement for later, but now you've let the cat out of the bag, here are the details.

- additional payment of $599.99 and you can visit Carl's arcade in his moms basement.

- fresh deli meats provided, naturally. Only the best Bologna for Jpop customers.

- Three flavours of Shasta will be provided. But please, don't drink the Dr Shasta as that is reserved for Mom.

- all Miners excluded, as the coal dust causes havoc with the furniture.

rd

#5 3 years ago

ok, O-din was the coffee spitter! Pretty good stuff rd.

#6 3 years ago

If I pay an extra $1,000 will Ben come to my house and polish the game for me?

#7 3 years ago
    Quoted from wcbrandes:

ok, O-din was the coffee spitter! Pretty good stuff rd.

Talking of coffee, you'd better get back down to Starbucks ASAP, Jpop has pushed the tab past $1000 again and they're threatening to lock him out until it's all paid up.

rd

#8 3 years ago

i say wait for mature code before committing...

#9 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Talking of coffee, you'd better get back down to Starbucks ASAP, Jpop has pushed the tab past $1000 again and they're threatening to lock him out until it's all paid up.
    rd

Thank god it's a drive through as well. I will just do the drive by and toss the douchebag full of money through the window

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

fresh deli meats provided, naturally

Quoted from rotordave:

special preorders available today ... $14,999 delivered

Who do I make the check out to?

#11 3 years ago

It will probably be set up at the Ohio Pinball Show this weekend.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

After months of collaboration from some of Pinsides leading contributors, we can announce that the long awaited Jpop game, Magic Girl will be shipping very shortly.
    A top team of Pinsiders pooled their skills to make this happen.
    - wbrandes put in a large sum of money, plus paid off Johns Starbucks tab to enable the supply of Vente Cafe Mochas to keep the inspiration levels off the charts
    - panzerfreak came on board to assist with "The Toys" (TM) He has managed to fit 42 of them on the Playfield, even more than WOZ
    - Centerflank has custom made all the aprons for the run. Every single apron will be treated with his patented "ball rubbing" technique, then clear coated to preserve the freshness.
    - O-Din came on board, then quit, then came back on board, then quit, and came back again. He is custom doing the sounds, based around the classic track Hokus Pokus, by Focus.
    - Pinchroma is doing the powdercoat. His driver came over last night and picked up all the metal work, and it'll be triple coated in custom colours that'll make your eyes bleed.
    - Mr and Mrs Mezelmods are doing all the mods for the game .. Any other mod makers, the C&D Letter is in the mail.
    - Aurich is providing all art for the game. His focus has been Level and Emboss, and he has specially developed a new Comis Sans based font for all the inserts.
    - Kaneda is handling all the PR for the game now. His first step was to issue a press release bagging the art director for the Level and Emboss and new Comic Sans based font.
    - Ben Heck is back on board. He will handle programming. He has added some new modes including "come to RotorDaves house and totally empty his beer fridge" His ability to program while drunk continues to astound us all.
    - JPOP is staying on board. His primary role will be to make the 12 Starbucks runs a day, and to sit in the corner designing the next 9 games and setting up websites about them.
    - JJP will be building the game for us. He is squeezing the run in before the Lawler game "Monopoly meets Roller Coaster Tycoon" We fully anticipate that he will have one in your games room in 2021, all stars aligning.
    - special preorders available today ... $14,999 delivered, and Jpop and Heck will drive around together in an Uber and assemble it for you for no extra charge. You must be paid in full by 11.59 today.
    I think that about covers it!
    Any questions, fire away.
    rd

Classic

#13 3 years ago

You had me going up to the patented "ball-rubbing" technique...

Instead of Flank, if we could get PattyJ to include a private "ball-rubbing" session with each purchase, I would put money down today!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

If I pay an extra $1,000 will Ben come to my house and polish the game for me?

I bet for a thousand bucks, Ben will come to your house, drain the beer fridge and pretty much polish anything you want!

#15 3 years ago

So Skit-B really was able to help get the finances and licencing all worked out. Can't wait!

#16 3 years ago

#17 3 years ago

Ok ok ok.

image_(resized).jpeg

#18 3 years ago

Crocks on a man are no joke Chef. It's a visual assualt.

#19 3 years ago

Don't you mean "bevel and emboss" when it comes to Aurich's artwork? It's a term that I wasn't really familiar with until he started using it repeatedly in the GOT thread as one of his main criticisms. Or is Level and Emboss a new process that he came up with for Magic Girl?

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from Expletive:

Don't you mean "bevel and emboss" when it comes to Aurich's artwork?

In the spirit of JPOP, we are redesigning everything for this project, including Photoshop. And we call things whatever the f**k we like. Because that's how we roll here at Jpops creative hub.

We are also custom making a new iPhone that doesn't change Bevel to Level whilst the user is unleashing his creative genius on Pinside.

rd

#21 3 years ago

Change of plans. I have received a C&D letter from Adobe, I will no longer be using Photoshop, and will be moving everything to the open source image editor GIMP. I emailed the team to let them know.

Unfortunately, due to a communication mixup from my email being 3 pages long and no one actually wanting to read it all the theme of the game has drastically changed, and well, this is the new translite.

hqdefault_(resized).jpg

#22 3 years ago

the sad thing is:

The ACTUAL Pintasia announcement played like it really WAS an April Fools joke:

1. Sign away right to sue
    2. Finances for the new project in the trusted hands of an alleged multiple Ponzi-schemer! LOL.
    3. partial credit applied toward games
    4. etc, etc.

Hard for anything now to sound more ridiculous than that actual "plan"

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

We are also custom making a new iPhone that doesn't change Bevel to Level whilst the user is unleashing his creative genius on Pinside.
    rd

You typed all of that on a phone?!? You have way more patience than I do.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Change of plans. I have received a C&D letter from Adobe, I will no longer be using Photoshop, and will be moving everything to the open source image editor GIMP. I emailed the team to let them know.
    Unfortunately, due to a communication mixup from my email being 3 pages long and no one actually wanting to read it all the theme of the game has drastically changed, and well, this is the new translite.
    hqdefault_(resized).jpg

Yeah man, GIMP is the only way to go these days. I zip everything on my gimp.

rd

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

You typed all of that on a phone?!? You have way more patience than I do.

All my pinsiding is done on an iPhone.

Generally in my office. Otherwise known as the toilet.

rd

#26 3 years ago

This thread needs to be banished to the basement...

#28 3 years ago

Coming soon. (TM Stern)

rd

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from homebrood:

This thread needs to be banished to the basement...

Needs to be drained !!

#30 3 years ago

take my money!

#31 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

All my pinsiding is done on an iPhone.
    Generally in my office. Otherwise known as the toilet.
    rd

Yeah me too, I haven't used a PC in 3 years. Best work is done on the toilet!

#32 3 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

toooooo funnnny

Ill send some new black leds to light up the dark mode!

#33 3 years ago

That one hurts. Too sore for an April Fools joke.

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from c508:

You had me going up to the patented "ball-rubbing" technique...

Instead of Flank, if we could get PattyJ to include a private "ball-rubbing" session with each purchase, I would put money down today!

Shasta topper or no deal.

image_(resized).jpeg

#35 3 years ago

I lost it when I heard the first PR move after Kaneda took over the new position.

You did miss a few honorable mentions but very well written.

Thanks for the laugh Cheers

P.S. I am out also if no shasta.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from Shoot_Again:

You did miss a few honorable mentions but very well written.
    Thanks for the laugh Cheers

Yeah, I could have done another 20 Pinsiders in there, but I thought that was enough for today.

rd

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.25
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    The MOD Couple
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 78.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 4.49
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 60.00
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 43.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 279.95
    Cabinet - Toppers
    COINTAKER.COM
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 149.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 279.95
    Lighting - Led
    Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
    $ 199.99
    £ 32.00

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside