image-145.jpg
image-811.jpg
HLN-3.jpeg
100_4415.JPG
100_4402.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#128 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Honestly, I don't think the other pinball companies consider Jpop to be competition. I really don't think they really care what he's up to.

I agree with you on this point. I am not sure that JJP or Stern and I guess PPS are really concerned about any of the boutiques at this point. I do think that if DP delivers a knockout game with TBL and they show that they can sell a significant number of games the majors may start to take notice. I don't want to rehash any old arguments about how much the pin market can bear, but it does make me wonder many players can exist peddling $8-9000 games.

Quoted from alichino:

The biggest question I've always had is 'Who is doing the code?'

That is a concern for me, as well. JPOP has had a job listing for a developer on his site for some time now. This also brings up the larger question of manufacturing the games. While he has not sold a large quantity of any of his titles, even building a few hundred games seems like a pretty large task for a 2 or 3 person operation.

Nonetheless, I hope JPOP can pull it off. I think the games will be stunning if he does. Even so, they may still be only for the few.

#134 9 years ago
Quoted from alichino:

That's kind of my point, though. Is it going to see the light of day if it's programmed like an EM? The owners aren't going to have much of a choice since they already paid, but is the rarity going to make it desirable for 10k? TOTAN also had an experienced programmer working on it for over a year and that programmer had access to an established platform and a ton of know-how in house.
As far as I can tell, it's going to be a much more mechanically complex machine with a much less experienced programmer. IF_ he got a programmer tomorrow, you'd still be looking at another +1 years until a basic ruleset is fleshed out that's much more shallow than TOTAN, and that's not counting developing a new operating system from scratch. Color me pessimistic, but that's a level of engineering that JPOP just doesn't have access to with his current funds.

I hope he is not starting from scratch. Seems like it would be much more beneficial to leverage the P-ROC or Fast platform. I am assuming that he has at least some sort of relationship with Fast given the TOTAN and/or CV 2.0 talk. I guess Ben Heck's contribution to the original design would have been more on the programming side of things. Does anyone know if the relationship between them soured in some way or did BH just move on?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jazzmaster.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpops-magic-girl-and-zombie-adventure-shop-tour?tu=jazzmaster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.