Topic Stats

• 166 posts
  • 82 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by HighProtein
  • Topic is favorited by 14 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Zombie-1.jpg
herman-munster-1.jpg
image-717.jpg
image-282.jpg
image-145.jpg
image-811.jpg
HLN-3.jpeg
100_4415.JPG
100_4402.JPG
IMG_0191.JPG
IMG_0051.JPG
IMG_0050.JPG

There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

I love reading these posts thanks for taking the time! I can't wait to get to Chicago to see the progress in person - BHZA #97

#52 6 years ago

MJ and BHZL are going to be great pins. John is a unique talent that can not be denied. Teaming up with Ben was a great move as they both have talents that compliment each other. Any future developments/alliances/configurations/etc. will only help propel this project forward. I, for one, can't wait to get my BHZL. I know it will be worth the wait.
Terry.

#53 6 years ago

Makes me want to visit! Will apply money to purchase price though, and patiently wait for late next year. Would consider Magic Girl purchase.
BHZA#40

#54 6 years ago
Quoted from jpop:

but one man's stink is another man's chocolate!

Gross!

1 year later
#55 4 years ago

The Walking Dead is here.... Where's the beef?

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballlife:

Teaming up with Ben was a great move as they both have talents that compliment each other.

Guess that didn't work out so well after all.

#57 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

I was able to see a lot more of BHZA than MG, though MG appears to be quite a bit further along. John said he expects that he'll have prototypes of MG in the next few months. He also said that BHZA is still on schedule, which means Q4 2013, for those counting the days.

I was reading the post and got to this part and I was thinking the date was a typo and he meant 4th Qtr 2014.... Then I realized the post was almost 2 years ago.....

#58 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I was reading the post and got to this part and I was thinking the date was a typo and he meant 4th Qtr 2014.... Then I realized the post was almost 2 years ago.....

I did the same thing.

#59 4 years ago

If he does not have something substantial ( not made of styrofoam) at expo, I would be freaking out as a buyer. Of course I pulled out knowing I can't take that kind of a ride.

#60 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Guess that didn't work out so well after all.

"Get shit done" vs. "The Artist" personality types. Actually it would of made a great combination, but very difficult unless they are chained to each other without access to sharp objects.

#61 4 years ago
Quoted from Hwawonyu:

If he does not have something substantial ( not made of styrofoam) at expo, I would be freaking out as a buyer. Of course I pulled out knowing I can't take that kind of a ride.

But I'm sure you'll let the actual customers make their own decisions, right? Seems the buyers have more info than you and are quite happy with the status. So why are you stirring up trouble here?

#62 4 years ago

OMG....I can only imagine all the arrows flying if it had been JJP!

#63 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

But I'm sure you'll let the actual customers make their own decisions, right? Seems the buyers have more info than you and are quite happy with the status. So why are you stirring up trouble here?

Cuz it's fun to goof on cult members.

#64 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Seems the buyers have more info than you and are quite happy with the status.

Including all the buyers that have backed out and got their money back?

#65 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Including all the buyers that have backed out and got their money back?

They are no longer buyers, so... And if they got their money back, and the actual current buyers are happy, why throw crap around? Oh yeah, because this is Pinside!

#66 4 years ago

Damn straight skippy it's a forum! Oh and if you back out because of my posts I will shed a tiny crystal tear for you. Ha!
I

And I know buyers who are feeling exactly what I am saying.

#67 4 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

The Walking Dead is here.... Where's the beef?

Who thinks Walking Dead will be a better pin?

#68 4 years ago

i tried finding info on Magic Girl, but could only see ink drawings.
any url's of more info/design/etc?

just curious.

ps. took this pic of my tv. something look weird here?

HLN-3.jpeg

#69 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

They are no longer buyers, so... And if they got their money back, and the actual current buyers are happy, why throw crap around? Oh yeah, because this is Pinside!

Someone sharing how they personally would feel at this stage in the game with a certain amount of progress (or lack thereof) is throwing crap around?

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It'll BE a pin, at least.

#71 4 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I certainly do.

#72 4 years ago

Ok Ladies, here is my next prediction, Jpop will have MG ready to go and show and Expo

One of these days I'll be right!

Its been a long ramp up no doubt and he's working on 3 pins at the same time having to manage each little detail. Its been a fun process watching it all develop and I'm really happy with where things stand on RAZA and even AIW, yes the early design of that play field is amazing. Like JJP, he is putting a lot of his base system in place with these first two pins. The boutique flow should go much smoother thereafter.

It's all coming together nicely and pretty much has to get done sooner than later to generate revenue and cover overhead!

These projects are not for everybody obviously, I like to gamble, and the wait I'm gambling will be worth it, no matter when it gets here.

I'm thinking of giving you a thumbs up on every post Rob since you finally got rid of that Tron avatar and got a great looking Walking Dead!

As for which one will be a better pin, I'll let you guys know one day.

#73 4 years ago

I'm pretty pleased with all the progress I've seen but unfortunately have to back out for other reasons. That said, I've been trying for some time now to get a refund. (My own fault really, I missed the cutoff date to do so)

#74 4 years ago

I hope these will someday be delivered.

#75 4 years ago

I'm pretty much experiencing some Pinball Zen right now, all seems right with the pin world, TWD is coming soon and Jpop is on deck.

Plus I'm starting to really kick some arse on Ac/dc now!

#76 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm thinking of giving you a thumbs up on every post Rob since you finally got rid of that Tron Avatar and got a great looking Walking Dead!

I'm just glad you still recognized me.

#77 4 years ago

To all the buys of these Jpop games................I am sorry for your loss.

#78 4 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Nobody is quite happy paying 17k and still waiting for a game over three years later. Regardless of how nice his none complete/partial view Playfield pics looks. And tack on the fact that it went from 20 to 40 games three years into the project ya their real happy!!

They will be happy when they get a game, their this deep there's no turning back. How long? Bet no one in the first 20 sees a game before christmas

#79 4 years ago

I have no dog in this race but seeing him put all that time into KISS would have absolutely flipped me the F out had I been a pre-order on game 1. Ship your first game dude!!!!! That is your priority right now.

How long has it been since the first deposits went down?

#80 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I have no dog in this race but seeing him put all that time into KISS would have absolutely flipped me the F out had I been a pre-order on game 1. Ship your first game dude!!!!! That is your priority right now.

I believe JPop was trying to get the KISS license to compensate revenue for the lack of Magic Girl sales.

#81 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Late July 2011

#82 4 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

I believe JPop was trying to get the KISS license to compensate revenue for the lack of Magic Girl sales.

Lack of sales!? He sold them all. How about lack of being able to make a schedule and stick to it. The eclectic artist thing isn't cute anymore...finish ONE game already.

#83 4 years ago
#84 4 years ago

Jpop was working on Kiss because it was was his best friend's dream, and he was dying of cancer. As an investor of RAZA, I was perfectly ok with Jpop taking a time out to help his friend out.

#85 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Jpop was working on Kiss because it was was his best friend's dream, and he was dying of cancer. As an investor of RAZA, I was perfectly ok with Jpop taking a time out to help his friend out.

Well, and as the story goes, it was done over Christmas holidays. I give a pass as well.

That being said, if something substantial is not shown at this Expo (either public or behind closed doors for the owners in town) the game is well into duke nukem territory.

#86 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm just glad you still recognized me.

I totally didn't

#87 4 years ago

Things will be shown at the expo.

#88 4 years ago
Quoted from playernumber4:

OMG....I can only imagine all the arrows flying if it had been JJP!

Has JJP delivered all the WoZ LEs he sold yet?

This would burn me, that Jack started shipping regular and 75th anniversary before he shipped the games he sold many years ago.

#90 4 years ago

The OP posted 1.75 years ago

Quoted from Jared:

Fantastic post!

#91 4 years ago

I've seen photos. It looks amazing.

But, really - finish one before starting the next one.

#92 4 years ago

image-811.jpg
image-145.jpg
image-282.jpg

#93 4 years ago

Here is the latest picture of John cutting his grass.

image-717.jpg

#94 4 years ago

Yawn..... in 10 years people will be still talking about the all the money put up by people at the mere whisper of a new game by someone. Who knows, maybe even a couple will be made by then too, better yet, have completed rules!

ahhhhh wpc's....

#95 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

ahhhhh wpc's....

Not all WPC's have completed rulesets, sorry.

#96 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

the game is well into duke nukem territory

John still has 12 years left, give him some credit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duke_Nukem_Forever

#97 4 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Not all WPC's have completed rulesets, sorry.

Pretty much complete for 95%, and I can reach out and touch them too, which is a really important aspect for me in paying for machines.

#98 4 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I've seen photos. It looks amazing.
But, really - finish one before starting the next three.

fixed this for you MG, RAZA, AIW, Kiss(yeah yeah, a demo but still diverted energy/time),

#99 4 years ago

any links to photos of Magic Girl, or anything to post here?

#100 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Things will be shown at the expo.

Here is a preview...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
25,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Melbourne, VIC
$ 8.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Haus
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Wheezer
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 50.00
$ 24.00
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade
Cabinet - Toppers
liorillusion
$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Just 3D Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 229.99
$ 14.95
$ 12.95
$ 35.00
$ 29.04
Playfield - Plastics
F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
Pinball-Mods.com
There are 166 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside