(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9647 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

He is a great guy and asset to pinball now in a big way and doesn't deserve the BS some of you are slinging his way.

How can anyone sling bs his way when no one knows who he is? Anyone who actually believes this plan will work and these games will be made is delusional. I just invested a few hours reading up on this mess so I feel I've earned the right to comment on it.

#9650 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Like I suspected. The records, or lack thereof, don't even show who owes what
You have to prove what you paid. That alone is going to take time

Wow. As a corporate financial accountant for 10 years in my previous profession, this baffles me. It basically proves fraudulent intent on Johns part. Time to cut bait.

#9663 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I agree, as a CPA myself in my former life it looks really BAD!
The point is, the bait has been cut and John is effectively removed

I thought I read that John will still be on board as a paid consultant? Sounded like he was still involved. Even if your guy has legal control of this thing, knowing what we know about John, he's still going to impose his will over this thing or make things difficult if he's not in charge. And if he's cut out completely, then what was the point? Ice, I hope this plan you know of involves Stern. Not likely, I'm guessing.

#10015 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Hold on now - I didn't say I'd sell out. I said I wouldn't buy any more NEW games. Honestly, I'm sorta there anyway - as I won't buy new Sterns at launch anymore & have no interest in the Hobbit. I'll still be happy with my cheapo games of yesteryear. However, if TBL got boned somehow...I'm just done with new games forever. All companies making new pinball will lose me as a customer....sorry.

I think youll be done with new games forever. Hope im wrong though.

#10641 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

With all the people joining the lawsuit and filing complaints, the shady Jpop accounting (or lack there of) will be exposed sooner than later and nullify any potential deal in favor of bankruptcy court. I respect what Pintasia is trying to do but I really think/hope that a judge somewhere saves them from making a huge mistake by diving into this mess hand in hand with Jpop. Much better to buy the remains at auction and start the project with the accounting fully exposed, any remaining funds returned to creditors, and most importantly: Jpop completely out of the picture.

I'm surprised that anybody who lost money would agree to anything less. How some people here (a lawyer no less) could be giving the advice to let JPOP off the hook legally and sign that agreement is beyond absurd. Step 1, force bankruptcy, step 2, demand criminal prosecution of JPOP for fraud, tax evasion, etc. The fact that he tried to take money just weeks ago from Rotor Dave's friend all but seals the case for fraud. I would be shocked if he reported all that income to the IRS. Report him under the whistleblower law and you may be entitled to a reward. The guy needs to go to jail.

#12054 8 years ago

None of this passes the smell test.

1 month later
#16454 8 years ago

Jack needs a breathalyzer attached to his computer that doesnt allow him to post if he blows more than a .08
I just figure he had a few too many when he made that post. But then he doubled down on it in his next post, so who knows.

1 week later
#16773 8 years ago

As if Jack hasn't got enough problems with his own company, he's managed to get himself associated with JPOP and this thread. I can't fathom why Jack still stands by his comments made regarding JPOP. To top it off, he's acting petty towards a customer who was in on both of his prepays? Really Jack? So glad I sold my Woz and didn't get in on TH preorder.

1 month later
#17219 8 years ago
Quoted from hlazzer:

I wasn't aware I had an issue with whysnow. Odd since we are at MGC and were fine, he even was using my game for a tourney.

Are you DGarret?

5 months later
#18584 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Some people use that as a trick in small business, instead of listing yourself as President, you list it as a lesser position, to make it look like the organization is bigger than it is. Otherwise it appears like a 1 man show, even if it is.

That, and to deflect responsibility.

5 months later
#18980 7 years ago

Whether you call it salary or unearned profit or something else is just semantics and not worth arguing over. When you buy a pinball from a Stern distributor, you are not doing it to pay Jody's salary. Zidware was a special case since it was basically just one unemployed guy. I suppose it would be expected by some that John would take a small stipend, but he went way beyond that.

1 month later
#19187 7 years ago
Quoted from bounoun:

Who should they cast for JPOP?

Too bad Phillip Seymour Hoffman had to od. He was great at playing weirdos.

1 month later
#20011 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Am I back? I hit some post limit right before 20k!

I thought it was your booze limit you hit. LoL.

1 week later
#20034 7 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

A miracle IS happening...thanks to American Pinball.

Woa, slow your roll a little bit. At least until they show a flipping machine.

#20041 7 years ago

If you are the positive thinking voice in a pinside topic, it feels like you get the villain treatment.
Take a sidenote of that if you will.

Not calling you a villain. Just that you are getting ahead of yourself. They havent actually done anything of note yet.

A miracle is happening, i am not talking about deep rulesheets and stuff.
But about an entity that is helping out solving a horrible problem for a lot of people.

Well maybe you're right. Heck, if AP and JPOP can come up with a second miracle, we can start the formal process for Sainthood.
First up, beatification.

#20044 7 years ago

If you start with stoning them ? why should they build a machine for you?

Wasn't this the exact argument people made to keep coddling JPOP and not question him, which allowed him to perpetrate the fraud for years?
If a healthy bit of skepticism on an internet forum causes AP to decide not to build a machine for you, then they were never going to build a game for you.

#20046 7 years ago

You call this healthy skepticism?
Are you for real?

No, I'm fake. Don't tell anybody.

#20047 7 years ago

You call this healthy skepticism?
Are you for real?

And frankly, I'm beginning to question whether you are really a rockstar, pinball or otherwise.

#20068 7 years ago

Real classy,go personal on me...

Sorry, did not mean to go personal on you. Not sure how I did that exactly. Chalk it up to Dutch/American cultural differences in humour. I would suggest not to get your hopes up too high about AP. JPOP already burned you once, don't let him do it again.

1 week later
#20235 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I find them tastier and juicier that way.

I gotta say medium rare brings out a little more taste and juiciness than rare. Seared on the outside with some garlic mash and carmelized onions. Just cooked me some prime ribeye.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#20259 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Now that it's all over but the screaming...
This last month has been quite exciting for me. I'm not a journalist (as many nice, wonderful human beings have already commented), just a guy who loves pinball and wanted to deliver a good scoop to the pinball community. I never thought the people at American Pinball would take me seriously, so when they responded to my inquiry about the machine I used every last dime I had to go to Vegas and check it out.
It was a strange trip, too! Unlike any of my other Vegas excursions. I hardly drank, didn't gamble (okay $20 on a spin poker machine)... I tried my best to stay focused and do what I came to do, and no
matter what anyone says, I did what I set out to do.
Now that it's all over with... I wonder if I did get punk'd a little bit. Maybe Thunderbolt Levi is correct; maybe they didn't get a "real" journalist to come in and check it out because I'm a nothing nobody who would be dazzled by the proverbial, non-flipping box of lights.
But as dazzled as I was (and I was yawl, good god I was), I was actually more excited by Joe Balcer's presence! That dude has been involved with so many incredible pins, I was really having a hard time holding my fanboy-ness to myself.
Do you know how HARD it was for me to keep my mouth shut about that? They weren't sure of what Joe's involvement was going to be, so they didn't want me to mention him. Even though I was dying inside to do so! I think that would have legitimized things so much.
But, alas. And of course I had to go and get a month ban the day before the reveal. Probably for the best though, as I would have gone apeshit on the naysayers.
And speaking of: I really, really, really don't get the naysayers. I understand people being pissed about JPOP. But it almost seems to me that people would rather be on some "I told you so! JPOP sucks!" shit than to actually see people get their Magic Girls, or see Houdini come to light. And that makes me sad. I really, really wanted this to be a happy ending, a cinderella story, not to be all negative and solemnly swear that no good will come of this.
And then Expo happened.
I don't know or even remotely understand why it went from being shown in a cabinet to just the playfield on a table. I don't know what happened to the Magic Girl promise. I feel like a sucker. And that sucks because it ended up validating the naysayers.
So here we are. I still hope with all my evil might that people will get their Magic Girls. I hope that Houdini will be made. But that hope is fading fast.
Big ups to Minus World and Mr68. You were both very helpful in my time of need.

Please take no offense when I say,

What the hell are you babbling about?

#20261 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

I'm the guy who wrote this: http://www.pinballnews.com/games/houdini/index.html
Hope my babbling has context now.

O.k. Just read all that. Didn't know you were involved in pinball News. I listened to their talk at Expo and asked a few questions. Also saw the playfield. I wasn't at all impressed with them as a company or Houdini. Sure it looked pretty, but it didn't seem like it was gonna work. A little surprised you bought into their hype.

#20278 7 years ago
Quoted from Cornelius:

Boy between this and the neg bombing, I'm feeling the love.

Hey, Jpop is the master of this type of grift. He did to you what he did to all the rest. Make you feel important, by bringing you into the inner circle. Asking you to just hold off the reveal for a little while on all the great new secret innovations that they will unleash onto the world. And you fell for it like so many here have before you. lesson learned, hopefully.

3 months later
#21365 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Hey i think i play alot ...just may not know all the rules lol. I usually put on a few hundred plays a month on each pin .... thats between 1-2k games a month just from me. Not to shabby imo

What's your average game time, 2 minutes?

#21369 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol. Im not a fan of long games so its open outlanes, 7-7.5 slope , hard settings and very few extra balls. Its best way to set up the b/w pins imo that way they dont get old to quickly.

Works for games with shallow code. But making games like TWD harder than factory would make getting to the wizard modes damn near impossible.

#21532 7 years ago

Why do I get the feeling Jpop is taking great pride in this sham of a game. He's probably thinking that he did his part, and it's up to others to somehow fix his mess. And just waiting for the judge to say case dismissed. Was this how he did things at Williams?

#22220 7 years ago

Oh wow...just wow..
Is that a laser cut lightning bolt on that playfield support?
Nice touch! but the magna flippers don't work!?
What the F.

Yikes. Don't put your finger in there when the play field slides back into the cabinet unless you want one less finger.

#22676 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

John has a shitload of IP and other assets still available to go get just like Billy B. did.
He got F ed by John and then came back and got some back. Deserves 100% of what he got.
I'm guessing it will be crickets and/or throwing popcorn from the peanut gallery.
Just another F ed up chapter in pinball history.
There is a great 1/2 that i love and the other 1/2 of pricks that make pinball suck if you let it.

Easy Leonard. Go easy man.

1 week later
#23072 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Perhaps for the right $(towards him obviously) , applejuice can release the source code. Then that could pave the way for repro MGs, with additional code & fixed mechanicals. Make repro MGs that are better and cost way less than the original! Pinball for the people!

Isn't the only value of MG really just its rarity? Sure it looks nice but do we really need to try to make more of a JPOP box of lights?

#23092 7 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Right now, it is the Winchester Mystery house of pinball...ramps that lead nowhere, areas that are inaccessible, etc.

I recently visited the Winchester Mystery House, and they have a Theater of Magic pin in the gift shop. Naturally I set the Grand Champion score.

8 months later
#23778 6 years ago

Do people really want a bible adventure game? Just can’t see much demand for that theme.

#23783 6 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

Different Strokes would be a great theme!
Watchu Talkin Bout multi-ball

Kimberly trailer park o.d. Multi-ball. Pushed down the stairs Arnold skill shot.
And don't forget Bicycle shop molester bash toy.
Take down the gooch, mini wizard mode.

#23785 6 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Ooooh, that’s the very special edition.

Yep. There were two that I can think of that they shamelessly promoted as “ tonight, on a very special Diff’rent Strokes” in order to get by the network censors. The other was when Arnold took a swig of booze from a thermos in the boys bathroom during recess and blacked out. Coincidentally, that was the day that Nancy Reagan just happened to drop by the school to warn Dudley and Arnold to “just say no”. Jesus, Dudley had to go though some serious shit

1 month later
#23915 6 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

John Popadiuk was inducted into the Expo Hall of Fame, October 22, 2011. It was one of the reasons I trusted and believed in him 7 years ago.

Isn’t Mike Pacak behind the expo HOF? I wouldn’t trust it based on that fact.

#23917 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I believe Rob Berk is the primary Judge for the Expo HOF.

Haven’t dealt with him.

2 months later
#24061 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

LOL...Iceman, just put me on ignore brotendo...I've had you on ignore for like 3 years. Give me the thumb all ya want, I have no interest in what you're saying.

Serenity now.

You just dove back into pinside. Baby steps. Don't give into the dark side. Just post in the socal thread and vegan thread for now and avoid the toxic threads.

1 year later
#24299 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Man this thread brings back “memories”
Things were a lot different 5 yrs ago

How so we’re they different?

High functioning vs Otis from Mayberry?

#24303 4 years ago
Quoted from taz:

It's been a heck of a ride for those of us who pre-ordered. I first committed to a RAZA pin in May 2012, so I spent 7 long years riding that RAZA theme park roller coaster.
- There was initial excitement in possibilities (remember this pre-dated TWD, so there was no zombie theme alternative at the time), then
- Frustration due to no progress on RAZA and the release of TWD which was a zombie themed pin which really existed, then
- Shock at Expo 2014 when JPoP brought an empty cabinet to show progress at a seminar I attended, then
- Anger at the financial standing of Zidware, with none of the games even close to being produced, then
- Hope thanks to a few lifelines that came and went before fading away, then
- Depression due to my obvious $10K financial loss, then
- Anger every time I walked past my ToTAN pinball machine which I wouldn't even play anymore, then
- Shame all throughout the timeline for being stupid enough to pre-pay and defend JPoP previously, then
- Vengeance in a call to arms by a group of buyers on a private site to discuss legal action, which some eventually brought, and then
- Bewildered when JPoP was hired by other companies, despite the devastation he brought to the pinball community, then
- Hope yet again thanks to most recent lifeline that worked from deeproot
Fortunately, I was able to get a full refund from deeproot, so it all ended well for me, thanks to deeproot, but boy was it a many year drama and there are probably others out there still riding the roller coaster.

Thanks. I guess I was thinking that about 5 years ago things went off the rails, and basically nothing has changed much since then.

2 years later
#24359 2 years ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Also not a fan. Find perplexing the widely expressed opinion that Magic Girl is one of the most beautiful games ever made (if not the most beautiful).

The translite is beautiful. Especially for the time it was revealed.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=vicjw66 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.