(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from 2RustyBalls:

BTW Jpop asked us not to get on pinside or RGP and show his work.

Heaven forbid pinheads get the chance to see some things that he is working on. I personally think that is the wrong approach to take now days but to each their own. TOTAN was the biggest reason I got addicted to pinball. I love Jpop's work and am not hating just don't care for all of the hiding going on with his newest works in progress.

Regardless of all that, those that are in on these project(s) have very good reason to be pumped beyond belief!! He is a great designer. Hope he supports his newest designs with awesome code!

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Since you're a moderator, maybe you should close this thread as those who know anything about the project aren't allowed to say anything. Therefore nothing posted here will be an update & everything posted in this thread is off-topic which is a violation of Pinside rules. If someone does actually post on topic, they'll be violating Jpop's rules and subject to the wrath of his crack legal team. I'm only momentarily violating Pinside rules to point out that this thread is a trap for anyone posting anything about anything. Takin' one for the team, cuz I loves yous guys!

Not up to Pinside to enforce NDA's. Some that are in say that some things can be shared I'm not sure what is okay and what is not. If there is issue with something posted they will need to take it up with the poster and/or contact Pinside staff.

Please guys lets not turn this into a who dislikes who thread. Most of us love pinball and the new resurgence lets focus on that rather then whether or not we agree on everything.

6 months later
#2065 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

This thread is unraveling....no pun intended

Sorry couldn't resist. I agree this whole thing is turning into one big mess.
Ron.jpgRon.jpg

1 week later
#2629 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

That has annoyed me too. Half of the links under the art tab don't work. One of them has been unlocked but doesn't link to anything and the others are still locked.
Doing something 40% and losing focus and moving on to another project seems to be a recurring theme...

Sometimes I feel like going Al Pacino regarding the restricted info on these projects.

2 months later
#5336 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That's right. I texted John earlier today
John needs to put himself on the record to everybody. His words.
A timeline. Not "we are making progress"
After 4 yrs everybody is owed a state of the Union address

I agree. The community can no longer abide by people taking our money to send us a game then take over 4 years to produce it all while not providing some sort or communication that will give us an idea on when the pin will be delivered. It is time to tell customers and fans what the heck is going on. Then deliver the pins in short order.

2 weeks later
#6629 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

... oh yeah very Strange
John is coming thru. You people tend to forget what a secretive type he is. These games are gonna be beautiful.

If you call coming thru not having a whitewood after what 3-4 years then you are a supreme optimist.

#6651 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

If it takes another 3-4 years for JPOP to produce another game in the quality of Cirqus Voltaire IMO I feel the wait will be worth it...

Pretty sure your in the minority one that but must say I respect your enthusiasm! Just seems crazy to me to have so much money tied up for well over four years when there are so many great games out now to buy/own. As always to each their own.

1 week later
#7203 9 years ago
Quoted from gprotein:

Thanks for the email. As I mentioned before I have been battling the “pinside” group for months now (since the DP downfall began in public) and it has done the most damage to my work, apart from anything I have missed or do poorly as a business owner. In many cases people (many not owners) have severley damaged my business, reputation and exploding my customer base with their public statements, rants and “toxic” posts. Also been harrased by phone, computer, email, text or incited by posters online, which is a criminal offence today.

We do have some “viable” negotiations still ongoing (all documented in emails and legally – not fluff) to partner and/or get more funding to keep the company strong and moving ahead. As the “pinside” wave has helped to cause many of my customers to stop support, except for a few and actually has halted some other investors or big orders coming in for new game sales for open games. I feel pinside and a lot of the posters (many in an NDA – many behind fake names) are all liable in some form. Obviously I cannot discuss openly any deals until it’s news, and choose not to bait people with false hopes. There are a few owners that know “all” and I trust them for feedback. Some I thought i could trust but was used. We recently had to “no-reply” to a awful pinball deal (in works for months and looked promissing) that came our way. My attorney and I were genuinely sad and dissapointed. Some of the discussions are now very amazing and all would benefit, but sadly nothing is fast or signed. Luckily since the beginning of the project we have a long trail of development to refer to as record, and the work is really far along and looks good. Been as open, honest, sincere as I can in this now “crowded” and “competitive” pinball world. But yes I am not done, and I “suck” at being on “internet time” for communication. Not new news, I have been told this and agree. My brain is just wired differently as an artist, and i am no social network maven.

I have tried my best to not say to much on this fiasco that is Jpop's projects. After hearing Jpops deflections I can no longer resist. Please understand I'm speaking for myself here I am in no way speaking for Pinside or any of it's staff.

Jpop the only person to blame for the damage to your business, reputation and lose of customer base is yourself. Saying otherwise suggests that there is some serious delusion and perhaps other issues going on with you personally. You sold pre-order spots for 3 different pins and after 3-4 years and you are not close to delivering a single pin? And it is Pinside's fault?? Really? Are the investors/pre-order pinheads that voiced concerns on Pinside also at fault? The only thing you are doing by deflecting blame is losing any remaining confidence your companies investors have in you.

Look I know as well as anyone we all make mistakes and sometimes fail despite our best efforts. However, the right thing to do when this happens is to man up and admit it is your fault. Take responsibility. Do you really think any possible future partners/investers really want to hear you blame the online community for your inability to bring your ideas together to make one fully functioning prototype? All that does is show you to be inept and clueless that you are inept. This would lead a rational person to conclude that your involvement in the process moving forward would doom the project in the end.

It's time for those that are taking advantage of the pinball community to be highlighted. We can't have the rejuvenation of the pinball hobby be brought down by a few bad seeds that are taking advantage. It is important that the pinball community be made aware of projects like this and Predator so they know to be more careful about investing in someones start-up pinball company. You want to take a nice salary for 3-4 years of work with no fully functioning prototype to show for it and blame investers and Pinside then go right ahead. Just know that your BS is not going to get you out of the hot water you have put yourself in. This is the real world not just some fantasy your in. You took a TON of money from many in the Pinball community years ago and have failed to deliver a single pin to a customer. Which in turn took money away from the new machines that are actually getting built. I think as a community we should be focusing on purchasing new machines from companies that have proven they can actually deliver pinball machines to paying customers.

#7511 8 years ago

Why anyone with knowledge of these projects would ever preorder a pinball machine in the future is beyond me. Wait for them to have a product to buy before sending them your cash. I've learned my lesson. While there is no other theme I'd want more then TBL I refuse to send any money until machines are shipping.

2 weeks later
#8614 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

So StevenP is in the process today. As we speak, editing a letter from John with a major update on everything

The only thing that will calm the masses is if he has accepted a buy out offer that removes himself from any further involvement. I hope that is the case.

1 week later
#10767 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, I spoke with Bill. We had a good chat. I am not agreeing to anything, or signing anything. I will weigh all options. John still owes me my money or a machine and I will take whatever action I feel about it.
Having said that... I told him we NEED John publicly shamed. If he doesn't want us to sue to destroy him, out of pure spite, which is what I'm feeling, then this is what I want:
John should NOT be allowed to stand beside Magic Girl at this NW show. He should not be given an hour to talk about. He should be denied his "lebowski" moment.
I want my "pound of flesh" and I know this will hurt John in the best way possible. He gets zero time standing there hearing people oooh and awww over the game.
He has lost that privilege. He's freaking lucky he's being spared the shame of bankruptcy by Bill's deal (if it works out).
Bill seems to think he needs John to demo the game and talk about it. I think that can be done by many capable people. And if the game can't be demoed properly without an "expert" standing there, then the game is probably in big trouble anyways.
I feel very strongly that if I see John standing beside that machine will set me over the edge. There needs to be a bit of theater demonstrating in a very visible way that John has lost his baby and is paying penance for his years of lies and deceit.

I don't think anyone could of said it better thank you! John should have no further involvement with any of the projects he's done enough damage.

#12252 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Sooo, on a positive note thought I'd share this as I reminisce through what files I still have access to
I actually did each character and element separately as vector art knowing john might move things around or pull pieces for reuse. Was quite an undertaking to keep my process as natural as possible. I first did this on KISS and finally perfected it here so I wouldn't loose anything in the translation... Was pretty proud of it anyway...
image.jpg
Carry on...

Looks sick thanks for sharing!!

2 weeks later
#15511 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Sure.. lets go back to the pitchfork crew dreaming they are going to raid the shop, grab the prototype like pirates and tear it into 200 equal shares, or that JPop is going to have the police kicking in his door so he should think about going into hiding, etc.
People may not like the facts - but they are still the facts. Best to face them and learn to adapt then to sit around in a big circle jerk and flame away at how we THINK the world should be.

Okay I think you have expressed your opinions on the matter very thoroughly. Lets not make this thread about one person and their views. Please give it a rest for a while and allow others to discuss.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider the_dude_abides.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=the_dude_abides and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.