(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10232 8 years ago

I can't believe how much time and effort some of you have spent in this thread. If you were getting paid by the hour you guys would have enough cash to refund everyone! Fire up the grill, pop open a beverage and thank a veteran… do something worthwhile this weekend.

2 weeks later
#14571 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Is there any point to joining this lawsuit now and paying the $500 + 25% of whatever is recouped to the lawyer?

I certainly see no point in this… although I am glad many are going after him to at least make his life as stressful as possible over the next year or two.

#14601 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

That is the worst case financial scenario, but not the only possible scenario. There are also other very good reasons to do this, such as finding out exactly what happened, forcing Jpop to face the music, and getting justice. Not doing this would allow Jpop to get away with it, and that ain't happening! It would also warn off other potential pinball crooks.
Moreover, if Mr John A Popadiuk hasn't properly organised his accounts, he could go to prison for fraud +/- tax evasion, and/or lose his personal assets such as his house. It would be nice to see him lose HIS shirt, given that he has no qualms about stealing one million dollars from us. Has he ever even apologised? This is the sort of thing that upsets people, and motivates them to lawyer up. I've lost $20,450, and frankly can live with losing another $500, no problem.

I agree but I think what Sean was saying is why should he or any one else join the lawsuit? As long as there are several already doing this John is not getting away with it. He's going to have to face the music. So what 's the benefit in having another few or another dozen or several dozen more join the lawsuit? I know the lawyer would like that but what's the point?

#14612 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

I think all the games should be auctioned off to some of the high end collectors who collect weird and/or very rare stuff (most of you know some of the people I'm referring too) and all owners who got shafted could split it but then again, just seems like more of a pipe dream...

Vendors would be first in line for any money left (I think). Buyers get sloppy (nothing) seconds.

#14760 8 years ago

Glad this horror story is finally coming to an end. What a nightmare for everyone involved and the hobby as a whole... amidst all the complaining, bashing and finger pointing anyone that sent this whacko money better not forget to look in the mirror and blame the person most responsible for the position they are in.

Tough lesson to learn here... sad thing is some of us won't learn a thing.

#14765 8 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

No. Just, No.
1. Don't blame the victim. It's not their fault. This is akin to saying "she shouldn't have dressed like that".
2. These people that had the money to send JPop obviously did adult things and made adult decisions to get that kind of money, I'm pretty sure they don't need you telling them that they made a mistake. They already know, and they know better than any of us that didn't send money.
You started out great, but an empathetic person would have stopped after the ellipsis. It became rude shortly after that.

The truth hurts I know... its still the truth. Plenty of blame to go around. Not putting any on yourself is just simply foolish or in total denial.

#14770 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Teekee thank you for helping me see the light of how stupid I was and still am. Before you posted, I didn't realize how much I was at fault for John's lack of ethics. It is all clear to me now.

Whatever... I never said anything like that. Read it however you want to read it but nothing like that was ever said.

#14774 8 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

Teekee - how did I mis-read the part about the person in the mirror being the most responsible for the position I am in?

Exactly... doesn't make you 'stupid' which is the word you chose to use not me.

Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Some won't learn, but most will. You'll see.

Hope so...

#14776 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Nor does it make them 'responsible' for his actions.
Thats like saying we are responsible when a company we buy products from engages in corporate malfeasance.

Again, read it how you want to read it. No one said you are responsible for HIS actions. Sorry the point got lost in the fog of anger and denial.

#14778 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinfactory2000:

Saying they are 'responsible' is like saying we are all responsible when a company we buy products from engages in corporate malfeasance.

Not in the least... totally different. This was not a company with products this was a guy with no products, no nothing! No products just a dream that turned into a nightmare because of his stupidity and stubbornness. A dream that we CHOSE to finance. We put way too much faith in a guy with nothing.

#15047 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This might not be a popular opinion, but I don't want John to go to jail. It's not really a worry for me, because frankly I think it's utterly unlikely.
I'm totally not victim blaming here, at all! But you guys took a risk sending money to someone who never actually made pinball machines by himself. Turns out he was an artist flake, he dicked around for years, and you lost your cash. Totally sucks.
But you're all adults who should have known the risks going in. Do I think you have the right to sue him and make sure he makes right what he can and doesn't "get away" with anything? Hell yes.
But going to jail? Come on. That's just a horrible thing to wish on someone. And I get that people are mad at him. But he didn't take your money and go to a tropical island. He did what some of us thought he'd always do, he farted around with pinball ideas for years, and never finished shit. As lame as it might be, he did work on pinball this whole time. He did spend your money on custom parts and development. It wasn't a scam, or a ponzi scheme, it was just a failed business from a dreamer who didn't handle the reality of getting things done.
It wouldn't feel like a victory to me, but rather a really dark mark on the hobby if he actually did jail time for that.

Personally I couldn't care less what happens to John. He deserves whatever is coming to him even though I don't feel he is totally responsible for this mess. I know in America today everyone is the victim and its never 'their' fault… always the fault of someone else but like was said above anyone that sent him money bears some of the responsibility like it or not. Sending large sums of cash to a guy with no products and no manufacturing company with just a pipe dream on paper…

Quoted from NYP:

A drunk driver doesn't intend to kill someone when he gets behind the wheel drunk, but he is held responsible for the death regardless of his intentions.

That is true unless we were the ones serving up the alcohol… we served up John a ton of alcohol!

None of that really matters right now… John is responsible AT THIS POINT to either refund the buyers or get them their games.

#15212 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

Then again if you had your choice no one would have made a pinball machine after 1997...

Feel free to explain because I have no idea what you're talking about... doubt you do as well.

#15231 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

It just feels like the community ... helped ... these guys rob our own community.

Jeez, now its the Pinside Communities fault… because of differing opinions… one way to stop people from taking your money… don't GIVE it to them.

#15244 8 years ago

Jeez, now its Obama's fault… although that is something I can agree with. He may be the only bigger loser than John Pop-a-dick.

#15298 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I could be dead wrong, but I think

Basically sums up the entire thread…

Where's the money??? Anyone else want to guess? Not sure we've gone over this…

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider teekee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=teekee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.