(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4316 9 years ago

Nevermind, hopefully the games get completed.

#4332 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Hear that?
Thats the sound of all the pitchforks being thrown on the ground, lol.

The update sounds good.

#4665 9 years ago

Nevermind.

#4680 9 years ago
Quoted from fastpinball:

We see a potential win/win. We are eager to dig into projects that are pushing pinball. We feel like our hardware/software combo is a great fit for John. He needs to design the hell out of games and then have a crew available to help realize those designs. An advantage for John also will be that independent of his projects we have a roadmap for new parts/technologies he can enjoy. I used the analogy "Q to James Bond" in describing the relationship yesterday. When John starts to design another game we can show him a bunch of new tools! And he can find fun ways to use them.
We want to let designers be designers and not have to deal with things they shouldn't.
Aaron
FAST Pinball

Good luck, the games look pretty amazing art wise.

#4709 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I have to laugh at people who say JPOP isn't getting anything done. Anybody who has visited him in the past few months is probably chuckling too. And yes, the focus right now is on nothing else but getting these 2 titles finished and shipped...

Hopefully he reveals it to everyone.

#4721 9 years ago

EDIT: Clarifying my post. I was just referring to programmers being expensive if they're full time, nothing more.

#4773 9 years ago

Those blades look pretty good.

#4843 9 years ago

Nevermind, staying out of it.

#4848 9 years ago
Quoted from boo32:

With the significant amount of money raised, I don't understand why people are being asked to work for free. Working for credit against an upcoming macbine makes sense as trade, but asking people to work for free for a for profit company doesn't make sense.

Isn't this how most projects go? You know like the manager pisses off all the staff or fires them, then gets way behind on all his work, makes up stuff about who's doing the work now and current progress, then his customers come in and do the work for him while he gets paid. Pretty standard stuff really, I see it all the time.

Obviously just kidding. I'm sure something will get worked out, the games look great from the photos we've seen.

#4850 9 years ago

Nope, not from NW.

#4857 9 years ago

2 weeks later
#5642 9 years ago

The part I find somewhat a bummer is that Jpop is a professional pinball designer...yet these guys:

wooly
amh
predator
TBL
full throttle

All started at the same time or later than he did, and they've had working prototypes at shows for a long time.

To be fair though, Jpop's games look a lot more complicated and beautiful than those, and he's working on multiple designs at the same time.

#5651 9 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I'm seriously trying to help these games get done, trying to persuade John to show more stuff publicly, etc. That's as a pinball hobbyist who really wants to see these games completed and shipped so everyone is happy. Apart from the pro bono IP work, I'm just a guy that emails and talks to John periodically. I'm not his official/unofficial rep except for the IP/legal stuff. And I've been posting here just to try to help in general. Yeah, THAT is going over really well!

People are appreciative of your help. Obviously you don't want to get in the same situation as the Predator crew, the sounding boards there (Fast pinball, the cabinet maker, etc) got kind of blindsided in the whole situation.

#5721 9 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Wow, good luck finding a programmer.
He would be better off trolling college recruiters for someone that doesn't know any better and will take a $45k job right out of college.

Entry level programmers out of college are now making 65k to 70k out here in the midwest, it's really escalated the past few years.

#5759 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Find a programmer who is willing to work on it, for whatever (if anything) John will/can pay.

There appear to be some available options if wants them.

#5865 9 years ago

#6080 9 years ago

Removed post at request of concretehard.

#6088 9 years ago
1 week later
#6528 9 years ago

Wired is a pretty cool magazine, it's one of the magazines I grab for plane trips.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider taylor34.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=taylor34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.