(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13604 8 years ago

So has anyone else noticed that the playfield is a laminate. The playfield flexes as the ball rolls over it, like a sheet of Mylar.

#13610 8 years ago

I've got a video of the Menu system. Very intuitive looking. It looks as though the screen shows a pictorial diagram of the playfield and then highlights switch closures and coils/ lights showing their location. Pretty cool. Will upload when I have wifi

#13626 8 years ago

Game has apparently got over a dozen magnets and a vacuum. Also a spinning disc with rough surface just above left inlane

#13630 8 years ago

Vacuum apparently has something to do with the big Circus Voltaire style captive ball in the center of main ramp

#13632 8 years ago

Game actually looks beautiful and quite tasteful LEDs in person, no more gaudy than Circus Voltaire

#13650 8 years ago

Short Video of the Menu system from NWP show

Watch "Magic Girl menu system" on YouTube

#13654 8 years ago

Close up video of playfield

Watch "Magic Girl" on YouTube

#13659 8 years ago

Although the display is obscured by the main ramp, the main scoring seems to be centered and bordered so that it is just above the ramp while playing.

Watch "Magic Girl player"s perspective" on YouTube

#13663 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

All I can say is WOW!
While the 4 year (or longer) drama has not disappeared, and Money/Buyers is an issue, from reading just a few months ago that there
was "nothing ready" to seeing this is impressive.
Imagine you are seeing this "unveiled" for the very first time....would you buy one for $5K-$9K?....
I would think that this would be a Great Seller, and A damn fun game!
Sooooo.........Whats next?

I think it's one of the most impressive looking and beautiful games I've ever seen. It's almost sensory overload. Every inch of this game has got something going on and it's begging to be played. If this game can be produced and be sold at Hobbit like prices as was suggested, I would buy it in a heartbeat. Stunning!

#13671 8 years ago

If nothing else comes from this, Stern and JJP should take notice that there can be a market for non-licenced themes so long as they're innovative and have an art package as impressive as this.

#13798 8 years ago

A shot under the playfield.

20150606_164813.jpg20150606_164813.jpg
#13799 8 years ago

More gameplay...
Watch "Magic Girl Gameplay" on YouTube

#13860 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

I really expected more footage and pictures of magic girl..just a bunch of horrible iphone movies,come on guys really?
I live in europe , hard to attend this show for me,but as this thread is 278 pages,i assumed you would all be posting sharp stuff?

I'm going to downvote your post just for calling my Android an IPhone.
Honestly the video was recorded at 60fps 1080p and looks fantastic until YouTube processes it.

#13862 8 years ago
Quoted from Revo76:

You actually clicked on up vote instead of down vote.....

Quoted from Revo76:

You actually clicked on up vote instead of down vote.....

Haha, I couldn't see the options properly. My eyes are blurry

#13904 8 years ago

PDXMonkey, thanks to you and Bill and the team for bringing this to the show. It was awesome to see in person and although the pics and vids obviously didn't do it justice, I appreciate the effort you guys put in to make it playable. It's an amazing looking game and I hope it does make it to production. I'd love to get another game in on this when it's done!!

#14423 8 years ago

As someone who played it, I can say that it wasn't the flippers that were weak, it was the Mylar overlay that made the ball very sluggish. The ball was like surfing a Mylar wave. During the video I shot you can see the ball move sideways about an inch before it got the flippers, this was due to a ripple forming in the Mylar before the ball made it to the flipper. In all honesty if the overlay had been uniformly attached to the playfield, it would have played much faster.

#14806 8 years ago

Or it's as simple as Bill and Pdx had to rent a truck to get the proto to the show and the pinballbulbs guys had a big ass trailer, which if they sold either Flintstones or No Fear at the show, had a vacant seat to get MG out of the building. There's always that too...

#14845 8 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Yes. LED boards, with 1,2 or 4 lights each, about 1inch square, wire in serial by a 4 wire ribbon cable with clock, data, ground power - controlled by an arduino, in a 64 address daisy chain. I presume one of the "secrets" he didn't want another maker to "borrow". But that's just a speculation.

Something like this?

Screenshot_2015-06-11-09-36-25.pngScreenshot_2015-06-11-09-36-25.png
#14867 8 years ago

Magic Girl looked like it was supposed to be " Jpop's Greatest Hits!"

#15849 8 years ago

I clicked "ignore flynnibus" and the little fire icon went away on this thread, what's that about?

1 week later
#16050 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Even successful startups would fail if Jpopped like this.

Henceforth, Every ball I plunge that fails to hit a single target and drains without accomplishing any objectives shall be considered "Jpopped".
His name shall be synonymous with failure.

#16052 8 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Seems appropriate, but maybe reserve it for balls that flail around for a suspiciously long period of time before draining without accomplishing anything

Not to be confused with a "Kulek", where you stick your money in the coinslot and are not awarded a game...pushing the coin return button does nothing.

#16053 8 years ago

So then the correct usage would be:

" I had a great ball 1 & 2, but Jpopped the third. I tried to play again but the machine kulek'd my quarter."

Edit, not trying to make light of anyone's situation. I just feel these two have earned a place of distinction in the anals (sic) of pinball history.

#16099 8 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Heck yes, I support this idea. If you played Magic Girl give it an honest rating...let's see where it ends up (ain't gonna be pretty).

Done

2 weeks later
#16582 8 years ago

It looks like John is trying to use these playfields as a "Resume" to show potential employers. Maybe he'd heard Stern was kicking the tires on Kiss and decided to make a mock up to show off his "Skills" in hopes of getting a job offer.
I hope anyone in a position to hire this clown knows that any project with Jpop's name on it will not be tolerated by the pin community until he does right by the people he's screwed over.

1 month later
#17458 8 years ago

He should be working on the side of an interstate picking up garbage in an orange jumpsuit. That would be perfection.

Scrapbook_1441540511094_1.pngScrapbook_1441540511094_1.png

1 year later
#19474 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Enough money and anything can be fixed.
Maybe the new money man thinks they'll make enough on Houdini to take the loss on MG?
Remember they only have to make 25 of them. The big problem is Raza.

67011505 (resized).jpg67011505 (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sparky347.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=sparky347 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.