(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11137 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

I think anybody that comes in and makes promises to the community needs to recognize the reality of the situation and the history of the industry.

I think the community needs to recognize the reality of the situation and the history of the industry!

As long as the obligation to refund the preorderers and pay off the vendors owed exists no clear thinking person (businessman) will invest into this. That's the reason for the "credit-system" they are offering and the price hike involved.

The alternative will be to sell the IP and use that money to equally pay everyone who has money in this by prepayments or supplier credit. I have no clue about how high his debts are, but most probably everyone involved will only get a tiny fraction of their investments back in this scenario.

Really feel deeply sorry for the fellow pinheads who have invested money in this project.

1 week later
#13685 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Just put some invisigla ... oh.

I'm pretty sure Roman will custom cut some sheets when the games ship to EU...might cost 50€ extra, so it's 199€ then...

#13800 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Curious why someone that has paid for either of these machines hasn't brought a receipt and law enforcement to claim them.

....as a lot of people invested hard earned money in good faith, and something like this happens.....

Because law enforcement would remind you that you would be stealing from all the other prepayers etc. that have money in this. You could force them to sell the proto and evenly divide the proceedings between everyone having money in this....your share will be very small.

How is this kind of thinking - "I want this machine as indemnification for myself" - and not caring the least bit about the others invested in this better than what JPop did?

You really need to open your eyes to business reality. Companies go bankrupt all the time, people lose most of their investments, the IP is bought out and someone else finishes and goes live with the product - in some cases even making a fortune on it.

A big part of the problem is mentioned by yourself: "...invested hard earned money in good faith...". Tell any investor, businessman or non-pinball friends that you invested hard earned money in "good faith" (and not much more than good faith) and be surprised by what they will answer.
You bet on the wrong horse, you invested in the wrong company, you believed in the wrong person. All natural concerns and clear thinking was thrown overboard in the light of a shiny & rare new toy. A lot of this disaster originates in the wrong and somewhat naive belief that an artist and pinball designer must be competent to run an economical challenging business. I think it's safe to say that artists are among the ones to been known to typically have less connection to "hard facts business" than most other professions.

Now it seems that someone with the necessary financial potential and business competence has stepped in and is trying to evaluate if the IP is worth going for, if there is still enough interest in the machine, if it is feasible and what it would take to produce the machine. Thus the presentation & the "offer" to the original prepayers.

And don't be fooled by the emotionally loaded comments about no one wanting this machine due to it's history. If it is released it will be one of the most collectable pins ever made and the value, depending on numbers produced, will probably go through the roof. Not despite but because of it's history. I'm not saying it's a good move, but if a pinhead friend called me saying he just got a MG I'd jump in the car immediately and be there lightning fast.

Whatever, I still feel deeply sorry for anyone invested in this. There really is no "right" solution to this situation, either way it will cost you a lot of money which makes me very sad.
Maybe the single positive effect of this will be that future projects in pinball will have to be approached in a far more professional and thoughtful way leading to more healthy and realistic endeavors. After the pitchforks have been tucked away again, that is.

#14097 8 years ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

John Popadiuk is human filth.

This must be the absolute low point in style I've ever seen in any thread. Really, this is disgusting.

I'm voluntarily ejecting myself from this thread!

3 months later
#17725 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballSTAR:

I probably missed some as I fell asleep twice listening...

He said multiple times he messed it up (given, not himself alone), he admitted to be mentally slow and an idiot.

What else did you expect to happen? A release date or an offer for reimbursement to the pre-orderers? Or an interviewer that insults his "guest"?
Nate gave him the chance to tell his version of the story and shed some light on what lead to this fiasco, and that's basically what JPop talked about.

#17728 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

But....why does Jpop deserve a chance a "tell his version"?
That aside, when "his version" jumped the shark and he started delivering pure bullshit, he was never called on it....
Instead you got 2 people who like to hear the sound of their own voices.... And little else.

That's a very valid question.

The outcome of the legal action will be much more interesting than a lame interview.
Anybody know when this will be going to court?

#17731 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

So, he's actually got someone on his team with expertise in that area, but isn't going to rely on them for it?

That's kind of the essence of what JPop is about - the arrogance of creative people.

It seems he's at least to some extent understood that there's more to running a company than a good idea alone. But he still hasn't overcome the arrogance of focusing on the completion of HIS game as opposed to the damage he's done to others and getting that right rather than the machine itself.

But hey - it took him 10 years to finish WCS, so he still has 5+ years to finish MG...that's the main message of all his talk.

11 months later
#19748 7 years ago

I do get your point Whysnow and agree in general - but as I've written in the other thread: If this thing plays well and costs below 7K noone will care about the few people who took a hit with JPops previous projects and rip the games out of APs hands.

4 months later
#21976 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

no, i don't think you intended to insult special needs kids. you intended to take a little jab at Kaneda. i'm simply trying to point out the (unintentional) collateral damage...

Good God, you're the same guy that made a fuss because you (incorrectly!) thought calling someone a pussy would refer to female genitalia while you were calling people "dicks" which does refer to male genitalia, right?

Have you not proven often enough to have very limited linguistic sensitiveness.

How twisted does one have to be to think of special needs children when reading "special k"? Weird. Just really really weird.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider someoneelse.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=someoneelse and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.