(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,544 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9857 8 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

WOW, just wow.
It's really hard to believe it has all come to this...and this is the second time something like this has happened in the last few months.
I hope the pre-order folks get something back out.
Geesh.

Is it really that hard to believe? 2 separate people who had never mass produced pinball machines on their own obviously got over their head and lots of people are out a lot of money. If some of the reports are true about his recent actions there needs to be some time served.

His email is basically telling everyone sign here n then proceed to grab your ankles. No way anyone ever sees a game.

#9863 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

If Kevin is getting away without criminal charges, no way anything would stick on John.
This isn't even a Ponzi scheme, BTW. A Ponzi scheme requires early investors to get a return on their investment (at the cost of new investors) and seeing others get this return gives new investors the CONfidence to send money.
Example: I saw my grandma get Social Security, so I'm OK with it coming out of my paycheck. (not to get political it's just a very easy example)
Nobody has gotten anything out of John, and probably never will. If you're still in this for the rarity, just remember once BBB or Kingpin gets remade the era of games appreciating past 10k is over.
What really boils my frog is if John paid himself anything more than gas station attendant wages for 4 years, he'll have pocketed more money NOT making games than I will make on the entire AMH run.
See why some of us get pissed at "classic designers" and "desirable licenses" getting a free pass?

Well it was posted by someone in a thread that a friend emailed him and asked if he could get in on AIW and John responded sure and to send money to a paypal account and how awesome the game is going to be. This sure seems like fraudulent actions to me if it is true.

#9864 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

The "free passes" have run out.
In hindsight, you guys should have gotten the $$$

They got my money! After they showed their ability to deliver a fun game that is. I was in very early on raza but bailed after a couple weeks cause it seemed like a best case scenario was another WOZ where I'd be waiting 3+ years for my game.

#10525 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Absolutely an unfair and inaccurate thing to say.
Iceman has been as vocally critical of JPop and the way that things have been handled in the last several months as anybody.
This was not the case with Whysnow and Predator. He was in denial up until the end. I give a lot of credit to him though, he has taken it in stride and has learned from his experience.

Wow can't believe I took as much time to read this as I just did.

My advice to Ice would be quit giving people advice on how to go about things and let them decide for themselves. I sure as hell wouldn't sign anything at this point and probably not ever. I could careless if he brought the sickest proto to the next pinball show. It's still just one machine.

#11296 8 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Not to get off topic, but JJP #3's artist is John Youssi...I think they're covered on great pinball art.
JJP #4: ZombiYeti? Yes please!

Already planning your 2024 pinball purchase???

1 week later
#13797 8 years ago
Quoted from jiffy:

What are the features of the MG playfield? Anything magical to set it apart from the latest Stern?

Yes it makes your money disappear.

1 year later
#21102 7 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

LOL, it wasn't expected to be spectacular or anything but it's all we have at this point and I figured some video was better than none

If I had money tied into this project I'd be throwing up after looking at that video. What a waste of money.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider smassa.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=smassa and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.