(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2859 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'm going to have to have to call BS on that. That was when he was designing at his house. I was there working a week before this video was shot and MG and BHZA (along with the redemption game) were all Nordmanite models with black and white paper art, the original Egyptian game before the "magic" redesign.
There were NO operational prototype games at that time. Not even by the loosest definition.

And 3 years later, they still dont. Some of ya must have A LOT of money to tie it up into 1 and in some cases 2 games for 4 years or more. I wish ya'll luck, but this just seems very fishy..

1 week later
#2884 9 years ago

His dog is an inference to his pins, all dogs.....

#2926 9 years ago

Whats makes the Kingpin (I assume the Capcom version) Special?

#2932 9 years ago

Cool, thanks for the information ya'll. Crazy stuff lol. I had no idea what I was getting into!!

#3170 9 years ago
Quoted from Redeyes:

This is what I just posted I'm beyond baffled at this
John I want my damn deposit back now! The letter you sent regarding refund is complete bullshit! Your timeline is way off so give me my monies back and find someone on your own to take my spot. Your in breah of contract. Oh that’s right no one wants my spot not even at a $750 discount as I offered on pinside because you have yet to produce one game when your working on 4!! RAZA is one year late and your talking about artwork?? Your contract says you will communicate any delays in a timely manner so what is the complete status of RAZA an when will it come out so I at least will have something to sell because your obviously not giving my $$$ back!! If I would ever get your pin I would sell it in spite of how nonprofessional and disrespectful you are to your loyal customers and everyone that believed in you including vendors and Chris at Cointakers wow I feel bad for him he was your biggest advocate and supporter and your completely shit on him by not paying bills, avoiding questions and advice because you are to much of a ego maniac to humble yourself and comes to terms with where things stand, how to come through on promises to us, How to be a professional businessman and give back to those who are putting food on your table, funding this project and putting dog food in pebbles bowl. I lost my new home deal and Christmas to my family in there new home because you have my money and I couldn’t come up with the 5% down deposit money. Goodluck in 2015 buddy u lost all respect from me.

Although I feel for ya, if pinball and buying some high dollar toys was more important than planning ahead to even have 5% down for a house, you have bigger issues completely unrelated to the current sad state of affairs. I mean, if you had the game, you still wouldnt have the money to put down, so why even buy a toy if you had any notion of buying a house.

#3173 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

It was an 18 month gamble that was made almost 4 years ago. Maybe the guy was single but in the last 4 years met a woman, got married and had 3 kids. Lots of things happen in that amount of time. This was never supposed to last this long so why is john still holding him to his end of the breached contract.
Also if he actually had the game he could have put it up for sale and liquidated to cash relatively quickly.

He could have sold his other 3 games. Either way.... Hes not on trial, but you said it, he gambled and lost. Gamblers normally dont get much sympathy...

#3181 9 years ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

So you came to this thread to crap on buyers involved?

No, actually I didn't, but face it, if you have $8,000 or whatever tied up into this vaporware of a pin and that is what is keeping him from putting a mere 5% down on a house its not too hard to see it was a poor financial decision from the get go. Seriously, unless you have $$$ coming out of your ass, you should not be trying to buy a non existent pin from a company that has NEVER built a pin previously. Like gambling and the stock market, this is not something you do unless you can afford to lose it.

Anyway, this is derailing the thread and I hope everyone gets their money back and thats the last post on this subject I'll make. Go ahead downvote me, what are we in highschool! GAF.

#3182 9 years ago
Quoted from Shrub_Light:

It's also possible he wasn't planning on buying a new house but his and his wife's dream house came up for sale unexpectedly. Three years with an uncertain end in site is a long time to have that cash tied up.
How can you even justify Jpop is in the right to keep people's money at this point?

Ok, one more. Im am not justifying that. What Im saying its kind of silly to put so much money into a TOY that is not even promised for another 18 months when he cant even come up with 5% for a house without that TOY money.

Of course everyone should get there game or money back..

#3346 9 years ago

Well, I guess that answers the question regarding someone still getting in on this trainwreck..

#3419 9 years ago
Quoted from sven:

For that much money, I think a lot of us would start making pinball games.

Or claim to be making them!

#3485 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The horror!
The "pinball for all" mantra doesn't work for everyone. JPop isn't Stern...and doesn't want to be.

Aint that the truth!

#3537 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

looks Great!!!!!!!!!!

4 years and thats it?? OMG Metallica hand drawn art blows that shit out of the water in a month or less. I hope you guys get your moneys worth, but looks like you got ripped the hell off.

So underwhelming....

#3538 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That's not a cassette, I believe it's a little known device called an iPhone.

Ya think?? "Hand flying over your head lol"

#3542 9 years ago

Im not looking at clasps, when playing, literally no one is looking at the clasps EVER. If that is the best he has after 4 years, yea, you wont see this as a functional game for at least 2 years and thats a bummer. Im a newb, and there seems to be a lot of respect for what he HAS done, but as a newb, Im not blinded by that, and this art is just not worthy of your money, time, and heartache..

#3580 9 years ago
Quoted from The_Crow:

Oh how I wish this thread would die. Disgusted with all the negativity and critique especially from persons not even invested in the project. He doesn't communicate enough and gets criticized. He responds with more frequent updates and gets criticized on design elements. I personally have enjoyed the journey through his design process, but never had the expectation that the deadlines were firm as it was a new company without established production lines. I firmly believe that i will eventually get my machine and if not at least the trolls can have their fun at my expense.

I don't think anyone will, or wants to see you guys not get your games, nor will we be laughing at you if you don't. We do have the right to critique jpop and the business practices.

#3599 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Respectfully disagree. There are many shallow minded people in this world that rejoice in the misery of others. It's not difficult to spot many of them here. If this project fails they will celebrate and boast "I told you so". And if games are delivered they'll be silent or give dishonest best wishes.
I'm paraphrasing but some of the notable Pinside quotes amount to this: "Boy are you stupid for getting involved in this doomed scam. *But hey, I hope you get your game*"

Agreed and you seem the reasonable sort to comment, so please feel free.

Well, if these game come out as the work of art they purport to be, I dont want to be on the wrong side and hope to play one of them one day. BTW I have many friends in Colorado... HINT HINT lol

#3717 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

What's the theme of this ART again?

FIFY

1 month later
#4527 9 years ago
Quoted from DevilsTuner:

It's your right to keep it private but lots of others see it as elitist. Just because we didn't purchase it doesn't mean we should not know. Just saying we have no right to know makes it elitist. Otherwise it should be banned from public talk and or speculation. I am not saying that what you are doing but to non buyers it does feel that way.
Kim you where around back in the day when i was . Lots of this feels very bbb to me and is being hashed out much the same way. Lots of these people likely didn't even think of pins then but you know how elitist the bbb subject became and it sucked. Also the situation is scary close to Wayne-o MM
Ty guys should def have a place to talk amongst yourselves. But for future purchasing the public should know what to expect from his company is my only point. Hate to see the truth slash process be swept under the rug. After all if it goes south we all want to know how ans why as to not make the same purchase if that makes sense.

Maybe elitist 4 years ago lol. I just feel sorry for them and hope they get the game. Keeping the comms in the dark is just a bad idea, especially if he needs more buyer's to get this done.

#4528 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

At the risk of pissing some people off, I will call bullshit on that one.
People have asked for refunds without success. If there was a wait list for both games, refunds shouldn't be an issue. Also, there was a thread where one of the owners was trying to sell his spot at a decent discount....nothing but crickets. If there was a wait list, why wouldn't someone on that list buy that spot at a discount?

Typical lawyer talk is all. While it's true there is a wait list, he failed to say it was a wait list, a refund wait list.

#4766 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I love seeing the positive energy and good vibes that are back in this project. Would be great for the community to come together and get MG and RAZA out the door.

In what way? More pre-orders? Free labor or intellectual property donation? Or just more feel good posts to lessen the pain of those who have thousands of dollars committed to this project for years, with still no clear end in sight? Is this the light at the end of the tunnel, or a train coming your way?

I would be demanding my money back at this point, sternly written letters are getting these guys nowhere.

#4770 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't think they are writing any letters, they are trying to come together as a group and get the project completed. Is it what they had in mind on the onset? Nope, but it sure is better than hiring lawyers to solve their problems (and get no game and maybe no money).
Also, now many will really ha e the chance to participate in the process of making these games.

I definitely hope to play ons some day!-

#4845 9 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Not only that(IMO), but a machine that is in the 5-figure range, that only a handful of fortunate people will be able to own, and most likely won't put on route. Oh yes, peasant, you can work for free to build that tower, but you may never set foot in it.
Not exactly "pinball for the people". In fact, quite the opposite.

I don't think these can be put on route, or he will not support you if issues arise. Class act!!-

#4885 9 years ago

Seems the best option at this point is jpop gets so missed at all of this trashing and decides y'all don't deserve his game and issues full refunds!!!

#4890 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

What do you want? Stern? Go buy a Stern, I have, several of them. Play the F out of them, I do.
Want something different? I do. Will it ever happen? I don't know. Can we hope and dream for something special? I do. Will it ever happen? Hopefully.
If it doesn't, life goes on. But I think it will happen.
So let's see what happens. The power of Teamwork!

Oh sweet, so jpop has agreed to outsource some of the needed work? That's great news!!! Good job to those who were able to get on board and help out jpop!!!

#4899 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Isn't it great! Congrats everybody. And to the rest of the A holes, F off, nobody cares wtf you think.

I don't understand the downvote. You are in contact with JPOP, you just indicated that there is some sort of team work going on behind the scenes, is that not true? If not then why the post I quoted earlier?

#4964 9 years ago
Quoted from HunchbackHodler:

Do you mean using the legal process to take MG and RAZA away from him?

That's how I read it. First he alludes to a "Team effort" then "get done one way or another". Sounds like the lawyer might be lawyering up if jpop doesn't deliver and deliver soon!

1 week later
#5189 9 years ago

Unless jpop sent Ice a video clip of the pin exhibiting any action, nothing has changed.

1 week later
#5816 9 years ago

I have a new goal, to be able to plunk down 17 large on dream pin, cause that means I got money to blow. I just hope that nobody actually needs the money. What a mess..

#5817 9 years ago
Quoted from Strange:

It might not be a bad thing for him to collaborate with those who have a natural knack for pinball business management so he can focus on just being a god damn pinball designer.

Ya think? This guy is way over his head and worse yet, he has no idea that he is!

1 week later
#6283 8 years ago

For those who think this is almost Skit b territory, I got news for you, it's in the same territory. I'd be taking this to law enforcement or doing whatever you got to do to get your cash back. Including a visit to his shop.

#6311 8 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

The moderator said:

Problem is - Jpop doesn't ANSWER his customers! I don't advocate threatening visits either - but if you had thousands of dollars wrapped up in this project and the guy can't be bothered to respond, what would you do!? If I was local I probably would try to confront him in person...not in a violent way...but just in a "WTF, talk to me!" way.

I'm an adult, so there was no way I was advocating violence like the moderator thought. But since jpop has invited people to his shop, someone should take him up on it so they can look him In the eye and tell him he is effing up...

#6350 8 years ago

Yea posting his number on inside when it's clearly listed on his website is a violation of the rules? So,no,posting jjps, or sterns? Or does he get a pass cause he's special?

#6646 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

omg... i've got some catchin-up to do
jpop-1.png (Click image to enlarge)

Nothing New is being said. Whatever you see on this page is what has been said over and over. now the zidware pr is a new twist for sure, you checked at the right time!!

#6749 8 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

To be honest, when Jpop announced he was doing Magic Girl, I thought it was a brilliant idea. I was happy for him that they all sold out, immediately, then I wondered, will he be able to turn a profit on that?
I assumed that he would make a minor profit, but maybe on his second game, which would probably be 7 or 8 months later, that he'd make more and slowly build a pinball company.
How in the world he hasn't been able to even hand build some of these machines yet just blows my mind. There are 365 days in a year, he's went to work 1500 days or so since he took everybody's money and still hasn't delivered the first guy his game?
The craziest part, in my mind, is that this isn't somebody like Kevin who's just a loser with no talent... this is a guy who HAS talent, demonstrable talent.
You've got 4 hurdles you need to jump to pull this off.
1 . design a fun machine
2. source parts
3. physically assemble the machine
4. code the software
The hardest would be the 1st... he has that ability, so one of the biggest hurdles he's accomplished. The software is another HUGE hurdle, but you could hire someone to do that, or at least get a flipping game done. I would imagine there's people cable of it right here on pinside that may even donate their services to get it accomplished.
The second hurdle, sourcing parts, he seems to have also accomplished. He had playfields made, he had cabinets made, he had all kinds of strange gizmos built, he had a gentleman make him hundreds of custom PCB's. So that didn't prove to be an issue.
The other hurdle is physically building the game, which is THE EASIEST PART but yet he hasn't been able to pull it off!
So he can design the game which is very hard, he can source all the parts which is very hard, he could have hired a software guy but screwed it up, and has stumbled trying to build the games which is the easiest part of the whole damn thing.
Just so strange. So sad to see such a well respected designer lose his entire reputation over this.

Seems I've read something similar before, just not sure where

#6844 8 years ago

It seems people still think this guy will create any games???

#6894 8 years ago

Please don't tell me your serious Iceman!! This would only reinforce in his mind that people want his games so he must be doing something right. I honestly can't believe I read that man!!

#6903 8 years ago

If John doesn't see a problem, what's makes anyone think he will turn this over to them, even investors. He would stilI want to lead regardless. Its just as scary to think he doesn't even really have much art done if he asked both Ice and the dude that can read people to submit art samples, when they never even offered to help with the art.

#7028 8 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

I can not believe that Jpop has yet to creat a new timeline for the Magic Girl owners or the RAZA owners; that just plain stinks

Why do you want another timeline? These games are not going made unfortunately.

#7037 8 years ago
Quoted from PinChili:

Why have the folks involved here not opened a criminal complaint in John's city and have direct contact with a local Detective at this point? What are people waiting for to happen? Are folks not following the Skit-B situation? Every single pre-order should contact the local police and file a complaint (assuming you've requested a refund and he has ignored your request.) Have I missed reading about people taking action? Don't wait another minute.

This is what I'm thinking. I'd just soon be first in line making it official, so maybe I would be first in line to get some $$$ back if there was a chance.

#7258 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

This is where I'm stuck as well. When you look at all information available, and motive, John might be able show a lay person something that appears 90% complete if he explains it that way, but he knows it won't hold up to scrutiny if shown to the world.
It's either that, or mental illness. There doesn't seem to be any other explanations here.

You mean a little something called "Peer Review"? That pesky little requirement to actually "Prove" something to people outside of your little "bubble" or "lab". Ya, this is doomed and like someone said earlier, could very well doom the pre-order business just as it was flourishing...

#7264 8 years ago
Quoted from TecumsehPlissken:

I def. want to hear Zombie yeti's take on things , hoping he elaborates more about why he went "digging" for info on John BTW I love your work , its a Big part of what sold me on AIW even though @ the time I didn't know someone else was doing all the art

I'm guessing that since he just showed up, yet this shit show had been going on for about, oh, a couple of years, thats all you need to know.

Its over.

#7267 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

Hey guys - I'm sorting thru things and just spoke with John - I'm hoping for the best.

Thats what everyone says, yet no information reveals. Sorry man, you may the artist, but there is a lot of people who said they same thing.

#7547 8 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

I've owned operated a multimedia company for about 18 years....many, many of my Clients provide deposits on approved projects, as I can't afford to play bank on the big ones. Both parties at risk...there has to be an established business ethics approach ( with a legally binding contract) or nothing gets done .
Pay me to pay attention to your project and do my job...it's how I feed my ( and my employees) families. We agree on the terms, and the project is done....some complete before schedule, some on schedule, and some behind...
But never, ever, have I seen a scenario play out like this one without serious consequences. If I ever got substantial ( or full payment) for a job I agreed to, and no real progress in 3 years??? Can't even comprehend that.....30 days behind and Im under the bus. 6 months ( a couple of times w legitimate reasons) Customer at my door. Can't count on one hand Clients that I had to fire.
Enough is enough....end this for the sake of people who were obviously unwilling partners in this fiasco. Just not right....why not make Monday a " come clean" day, and deal with the reality...everyday wasted makes things that much worse....believe that!!!.....

According to some people here, going to Johns door is akin to wanting to kill him or something.

#7572 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Personally, I think it was a stupid idea to create the pin in limited numbers. The more you make the cheaper they are per unit and the more profit you make on each unit. I get that JPoop is an artsy fartsy half crazy dreamer but money is money. From reading these posts I get the feeling that JPoop does not have the business sense nor the ability to design and produce a pin and get it out the door especially in large numbers. If I were him I would go to Jack and beg him to buy my ideas and produce them. Im not proud, I do what has to be done.

At which point in the previous 7554 posts before yours did you come to this conclusion? Its quite insightful!

#7615 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just from the backlash and constant short attention span updates that this forum seems to need, should be enough to make any pinball manufacturer, not want to even do preorders for things. It's things like this, is the reason they shoot movies in secret. can't bitch and complain about the progress of something you don't know exists. Maybe this will teach people making machines, to make them secretly and don't reveal until the shit is done and ready to be sold and taken away at the show. Would save a lot of headache for the manufacturer. Can take as long as they like, and tweak things out until they are satisfied with the end result. And won't hear shit about it from anyone.

That would be flipping awesome, but John needed pre-order sales to even get this thing off the ground. I doubt anybody was hoping the could find someone to send their hard-earned money to, in hopes of a games in 5 years time.

#7726 8 years ago
Quoted from NYP:

John's reputation among collectors is/was that the pinball community liked the games he designed (for the most part). John's reputation with people who worked with him or did business with him is/was that he is a flake. Right now as far as I'm concerned his reputation is ruined and I doubt anyone would do business with him unless there was money to be made, which is this case is probably not possible. So if John went into this thinking he was going to be bought out, he's more delusional and stupid than I can find words for. If the games ever do get produced I hope people don't forget what a jerk off he is and don't ever send him pre-order money ever again. In fact if anyone ever sends ANY pinball maker pre-order money again then they deserve what they get.

Confirmed, at least on the collector side. I have a buddy who has some of John games. When I told him about this mess, he was like "but its john" I tell him he is 3 years behind schedule, he's like"but it's John, he's great!!!" I don't think he ever heard what I was saying!!!

#7850 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Vid I would think it is well over 200 machines not sure where you get this number as Barry indicated to me it was well over this. Also I really don't think TBL is a big popular theme like lets say AIW would be, it's just not.

Once the people who are part of the cult following catch wind there are for sale, it will bring in sales from non pin people. AIW is going to sell to only pinheads

#7915 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

This is just a funny anecdote, but the person you're talking with happens to be someone who's a big Metallica fan and bought his first pin because he was a fan of the band.
And it seems like the Metallica fan club did actually move a decent amount of units. What does that mean though? Is 100 people buying their first pin a significant number?

Yea I was referring to my situation, but being somewhat of a noob, I still feel a licensed theme is going to pull in non pinheads over a non licensed theme. How Many?? Good question...

#7924 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I would have thought that lots of dealerships would want one, great way to keeps occupied when mom and dad are buying the car. But from what I have been told, the opposite is true, most dealerships like for the kids to be annoying mom and dad, it distracts the parents and shortens up the negotiations.

I think we have all know for a while now that you are not "normal", so this is actually a meaningless comment/data point On a serious note, was it that you never thought about owning a pinball machine before that or was it a case of you had been wanting to, and Metallica was the push you needed to get you off your butt and actually buy one?

Rosh, he was referring to me, whom you had quoted. And I really wasn't looking for a pin, but I have a buddy who is into,pins and has some enroute. The minute he heard about Met, he texted(and I was working in Afghanistan at the time) I was all in. The combination of making good money, killer theme and a new house to populate all came together. I'm looking for a second pin now!

#8278 8 years ago

On a side note, a week ago, this thread was 600+ posts behind the Predator update thread. Now? Less than 100...

#8543 8 years ago
Quoted from Hitch9:

The really ironic thing about this, is that JPOP is pulling some serious 'misdirection' with this ramp business, on the "magic girl" pin. Being an Amateur magician, I think this is very fitting. Sad, but fitting.
Between Magic Girl, and Theatre of Magic, it looks like with this misdirection, John really is starting to become a real amateur magician.

Nope, he is a professional magician. He took all these people's money and just made it disappear!

#8673 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sorry, just saw this. On road to VFW show already at this point.
Looks like his show is under 2hrs from madison. If someone wants me to be their rep then talk w stevenp or whomever i guess and arrange a date. i will go down and be the eyes ears and critical thinking head you all likely need at this time. I have zero bias since i am not in on any jpop game.

How is it you think any of these people, jpop, Steven are going to meet with you? Have you talked to them and arranged something, just hoping?

#8794 8 years ago

I went back and looked for this video, is it posted on his blog or something?

#8970 8 years ago

Speaking of ZombieYeti, I haven't seen him around lately...

#9015 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Now see, this is precisely my point. It would cost John less to just pay the refund rather than go to court, lose and then pay the refund. Unless there is truly no money left.
Good luck trying to sell your company now, it's radioactive.

I'm going with option C, no money left..

#9716 8 years ago

Didn't a guy on here who is a long time pinsider saying that someone was coming to save the day less than a week ago. His avatar is a dude driving In a blue shirt with shades. going to see if I can find the post.

#9719 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Or just someone with a bank roll, who loves pinball, & doesn't want to see all the pre-order people get screwed because JPop is a great designer, but shitty business man. If only there was someone like that... Or is there already?

Found it. Fattrain knows or is the guy.

#9721 8 years ago
Quoted from jarjarisgod:

Fattrain? I'm thinking he's not your Huckleberry. May want to look north for angels.

Seems like he knew something was brewing

#9723 8 years ago

Why is it all these people know who it isn't, but won't say who it is??

#9727 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

How else are we gonna get this thread to 10k by tonight?

People who know could quit being prickz, that might help..

#9747 8 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Awe you guys make me blush. Thanks a bunch, but it is not me.
Wish I had the dough to bankroll it though for everyones sake.

But you know who it is?

#9821 8 years ago

I just want to know what some of you people do for a living that $24,000 can be sent to someone without anything but a promise and a reputation. I'm doing it wrong obviously

#10507 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Ok, I spoke with Bill. We had a good chat. I am not agreeing to anything, or signing anything. I will weigh all options. John still owes me my money or a machine and I will take whatever action I feel about it.
Having said that... I told him we NEED John publicly shamed. If he doesn't want us to sue to destroy him, out of pure spite, which is what I'm feeling, then this is what I want:
John should NOT be allowed to stand beside Magic Girl at this NW show. He should not be given an hour to talk about. He should be denied his "lebowski" moment.
I want my "pound of flesh" and I know this will hurt John in the best way possible. He gets zero time standing there hearing people oooh and awww over the game.
He has lost that privilege. He's freaking lucky he's being spared the shame of bankruptcy by Bill's deal (if it works out).
Bill seems to think he needs John to demo the game and talk about it. I think that can be done by many capable people. And if the game can't be demoed properly without an "expert" standing there, then the game is probably in big trouble anyways.
I feel very strongly that if I see John standing beside that machine will set me over the edge. There needs to be a bit of theater demonstrating in a very visible way that John has lost his baby and is paying penance for his years of lies and deceit.

The problem is that Bill might need the rock star there to help generate more sales...

#10693 8 years ago

Stevenp just doesn't give up does he lol.

#10700 8 years ago

Even if these do get made, can you imagine the horrendous quality control on the first 50 games??? What a mess and I hope you guys get made,right one way or another.

#10848 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

Yep. Not disagreeing or criticizing. Just trying to point out that things already done can't be undone, and when trying to make the best of a bad situation (like getting these games completed and shipped to those who paid for them), emotions don't help the process.

Apparently even MORE money and another NDA does though, right??

#10890 8 years ago

Yep, you can tell Steven is a sychophant!!! Arm chair quarterback?? Lol between jpoop and Shit-b there are millions of dollars unaccountaded for. Yea, we here at pinside are the bad guys lol. You are just as delusional as your master, possibly more so as you keep coming here saying there are games almost ready to ship, yet you bring no evidence whatsoever. Go back to johns cave until you have facts to back up your statements. pdxtoo

#10908 8 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

There is one; not mine to show. But I've seen it, as have others.

Remind me: have you even paid money towards MG, RAZA or AIW? (I sincerely don't know.)

You've seen it, or played it. How far along are the rules, how about the sound track, callouts, etc. Give those in estimated percentages.

#10911 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

also that is a temp piece of paper where LCD goes. It is also ready to go. It should be flipping and scoring etc at show. All we can do is our best

See jpop, was that so hard!!! Looks good see what's happens in a couple of weeks...

#11378 8 years ago
Quoted from ecurtz:

I'm sure Jeremy can draw Eddie...

And so can the original guy.

#11830 8 years ago

This is one Hell of a book being written. Intrigue, wall street, back door deals,and money laundering. All we need is a body!

#12050 8 years ago
Quoted from Join_The_Cirqus:

WISH GRANTED!!!

2015-05-28-20-12-48.png (Click image to enlarge)
2015-05-28-20-11-59.png (Click image to enlarge)

Taking preorders, to stay on theme!

#12202 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I'm confident that JPop hopes that all buyers think like you do.

I think people have seen in the skit-b thread that what looks like a cut and dried case of fraud isn't going to be handled that way. I think the criminal case is already closed. Seems jpop is even less likely to be charged with anything criminal and since others are ready pursuing it, why throw another $500 at it? If I had money in this game, that's what I'd be thinking anyway. Plus, sue for what? Most everyone agrees the money is gone..

#12288 8 years ago

If he has a Corp and the Corp files bankruptcy, it won't necessarily touch his assets personally. Of course he may not have done that, dunno

#12296 8 years ago

Yea something is funky with the site.

#12300 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Why WoZ of course. It's the best built, highest quality pin ever.

Metallica. Music, art, great rules. Totally bad ass!!!!

#12356 8 years ago
Quoted from TheZohan:

Thought it started to with deposits on the second one. At announcements of the third, sadly, I laughed out loud and said "Who in their right mind would preorder this guy's third game before he's even produced one finished version, or even a finished prototype of his first?" I feel bad now for the people who trusted in him.

Takes three shells to make a shell game.

#12445 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

He didn't say it would suck if it was non-licensed, just implied that it wouldn't sell as many units. Tigerlaw appreciating and owning an original themed game doesn't really counter his point. A licensed game is going to sell more units and JJP needs the sales. It doesn't look like Jack has the luxury of taking a risk right now.

Or the ability to fund this 3rd game without preorders.

#12481 8 years ago
Quoted from Magic_Mike:

Because you didn't elaborate, you led everyone to believe that there wasn't anything worth taking about based on what you saw and what you and John discussed.
If there was, why didn't you give these guys more information???

Seriously if there is information to share, share it, why the need to be asked for it??

#12572 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Because everybody here has been hoodwinked by Zidware's secrecy. Everybody is tired of it. It's hurt hundreds of customers. It's hurt the industry. It's hurt the hobby.
There's no reason to believe anybody any more, no matter how nice they appear to be, if they're not going to be honest about what they're up to. It doesn't matter if they're famous. It doesn't matter if they're rich. It doesn't matter if they're friendly and "just want to help people." Every permutation of that scheme has resulted in people being hurt and manipulated. Come clean, or don't come at all.

Whatever happens at the NW show is irrelevant. The game is an unfinished prototype. The only action that is important right now is being TRANSPARENT.
People can announce anything. They can say they have this or that deal. It's all meaningless. Until the games are made and finished, or people are paid back, nothing has changed. And there's no money to do either. And anybody who's going to pre-order a game at this point has to be crazy... oh wait... now I get it... I didn't get it before... I was arguing about how some people were calling Zidware a "Ponzi Scheme"... ahhhh..... ok... no, it wasn't a Ponzi scheme then, BUT perhaps now it is... is that what this is about? Let's wind everybody up to get another round of pre-orders to pay off the first tier in the pyramid? That's the only reason why I could see anyone with any sanity saying, "wait.. let's see what happens with the proto..." Well, in that case it makes sense.... not ethical or moral, but it makes sense. Still nobody's going to get games, but maybe you guys can get paid back by "paying it forward" with the fraud? That's the only remaining plausible explanation for these bizarre "wait and see" arguments.

Lest we forget the Ponzi Scheme Princess, Sabrina Wei is involved in all of this as well, but apparently she is a driver, or fetches lunch or something.

#12642 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballrockstar:

ALREADY SOLD 5 OF MY 13 PINS IN 3 DAYS! SICK OF THIS HOBBY! THANKS JOHN!
ALSO TOOK YOUR ZIDWARE WALL ART OF THE WALL,IT MAKES ME HURL !

Sensitive much?? Step back and enjoy your pins, John is just a minor blip on the overall pinball radar.

#12706 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Based on that statement it's safe to assume that you didn't just lose thousands of dollars like many others in this thread.
I don't think they'd call it a "minor blip" by a long shot. I minor blip is something that would be quickly forgotten. This isn't it.

Ok yea that didn't come out as intended. Losing any money is not a tiny blip. Is what I meant is that he has all these other pins to play, pinball is so much more than jpop. Try not to let this fiasco ruin pinball for you and I certainly hope everyone is made whole or receives a pin.

1 week later
#15081 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

This is the key. If enough people complain, they will pursue criminal charges. This is how it works these days. Including the FBI.
In fact, if any individual people wanted their money back, chances are if they were making a big enough stink, JPop would probably pay them off to stop. This happens all the time. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

We already have precedent with a start up that was flat out lying about licensing, took money and spent some or all of it. The FBI was involved, local cops were involved. The FBI and local cops said no crimes had been committed. Look up Skit B... If he isnt getting popped, then JisntgettingPOPPED.

#15165 8 years ago
Quoted from rommy:

There is a strong possibility for jail time. He had intent to make nothing from the beginning and when the facts come out we will all see that. He just wanted to sell the whole whole package to someone and have them build it. That's not what he told me to get my money. He said he would make them HIMSELF. He even offered to come to my house to complete the machine! Turns out - that was all a lie. See that? It's called intent. He never intended to build these himself and the truth will come out . Using a lie to coerce people out of their money is a crime here in the U.S. . If he is convicted of that he will be sentenced and do some jail time. IMHO , three months in jail would be a big deal to john Popadiuk . I relish that thought...
And let's not forget the beauty of Illinois bankruptcy law soooo much better for us and worse for him than say...Arkansas or California.
Please stop victim blaming. Please stop john Popadiuk mollycoddling. We get that some of you are, for some reason (maybe CYA?) , not interested in John Popadiuk being punished. Please respect the victims that want him to be punished severely for stealing from our families.
Let there be a clear message - if you take money for a pinball project and don't deliver We will try to put you in jail.

You have proof? I mean, you yourself just said that he would make them, HIMSELF, and would come to your house to help assemble. He wont be going to jail, regardless of what people may think..

3 weeks later
#16386 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

My guess is... his lawyer has advised him to keep cranking out progress reports so it doesn't look like his primary attempt was to defraud people. It's very clever. Especially given his customers have been so emasculated they're unwilling to lobby for criminal charges. What a shame. People keep calling JPop an idiot, but it's turning out that he's smarter than his customers. If he took my money, I'd be calling the Illinois Attorney General every day until they launched an investigation.

Emasculated is right. I'd be at jpops shop. There is no money regardless of prevailing in a lawsuit, Kevin has proven the law won't give a crap.

1 month later
#17114 8 years ago

Sign the flowers "Love Pinside!!"

1 month later
#17759 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

It would have been good if Nate would have grilled him but who would want to talk to Nate if he did that. There are others like Jersey Jack and Stern that might avoid Nate if they are afraid of being grilled over mistakes. Maybe he will get to do a follow up interview, he can take listener questions. Nate did sound exhausted multiple times in the interview.

You call what Jpop did, a "mistake?"

#17770 8 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

going back and reading the first few pages of this thread is interesting.

WOW no doubt lol

1 week later
#17966 8 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Whats your point?

Exactly what I was going to say lol.

#18029 8 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

What is with all these noob idiots jumping into this thread to play moderator?

JPOP fan bois..

#18073 8 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

That would be fun. We could talk about how the tax code went from 400 pages in 2013 to over 75,000 now!

Don't most lawyers love Democrats?

1 week later
#18264 8 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

John reminds me of my "musician" friend. He started a band, spent nearly all of his time on the way he looked, posing to take selfies every few minutes, coming up with logos, cards, marketing, buying excessive instruments and work space. He did everything but work on the music and what music he did finally come up with was crap. Took him years to do this. I asked him why it didn't work out and if he thinks he should of put more effort into the music. Of course not! Sound familiar? Losers always focus on the wrong parts of the business for their own ego. Maybe he was bullied as a child or did not have 2 caring parents. His attitude does not happen by itself.

No one is to blame but John. Not his upbringing, prior accolades etc. He alone, and he hopefully pays for this...

1 month later
#18398 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Actually Ice did try and slap me upside the head about John but wanted to expose all for good and hoped to give something back to the community....big fail

You gave a Hell of an effort, so it's not a fail on your part...

3 weeks later
#18457 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Some might argue he has some obligation to let the people who fronted him a million dollars know what is going on.

Legally or morally, cause we know there is a vast difference.

2 weeks later
#18524 8 years ago

Now he can say:" But, I was only an employee!!!!"

#18529 8 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

That's like those people posting to the MAD Amusements thread "Well, I'VE never been ripped off by him".
This isn't some story of a customer that couldn't be satisfied and is now ripping you a new one on yelp. This is 100+ people screwed out of a million dollars, much of it sent under false pretense ("games will be built next month", "playable prototype behind the camera", "these people are now on my team", "big reveal coming at expo", etc), and a huge chunk of which went straight into jpop's pockets for delivering NOTHING. He did not fail honorably.
Yeah, I'd suggest his "friends" take a good look at themselves if they're ok with this.

Some of those people may not realize the extent of what has happened. My buddy who got me hooked up with MET thinks John is the best designer, but when I tell him what has happened, and continues to happen, he cant grasp it like I can, because Im here reading about it. He just knows that John used to have some input into some really good games a long time ago.

Now if they are on here and see the carnage and still believe he is a God, then ya...

#18533 8 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

Clearly he does not have that skill, or things would not be the freaking mess they are.

Maybe he did. Since SKIT B skated away with $$$$, he saw his future and did the same, sadly..

#18536 8 years ago
Quoted from JoelOmatik:

I met and talked to John a few times at different shows. He seemed like a good guy...until the autograph session at the 2007 Chicago Expo. I asked him to autograph my fliers. He said "pick the number behind my back and I'll sign them." At that moment, I knew he was pulling my leg, but mentioned a number anyways. He said "sorry, I won't sign them." No surprise there.
I didn't want to argue with him, so I continued getting my stuff signed by the others. I don't know if I said or did something earlier that gave him a hissy fit, but I thought it was a major dick move. I told my other friends about it and they couldn't believe this great designer was such a narcissist. I don't know if I'm the only one he did that to, but I didn't dwell on it. I became one of his many Facebook friends and followed his then-running Zidware page with anticipation.
From what I saw, I expected magic girl would wow the masses. So much for that...Thieving acts aside, I still think he's a top designer who could've gone far if he followed the other designers' paths. But seeing this reminds me of that one day long ago in 2007. His narcissism has grown exponentially. Instead of asking people to guess numbers behind his back, he told them to give him money instead and hope they got it right. What a shame...

I bet you wish you, and these guys, could tell him he's number 1, if you know what I mean

2 weeks later
#18646 8 years ago

If I lost this money, I'd take a working vacation to jpoops trailer.

3 weeks later
#18656 8 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

Gee your car is clean

Yours isnt?

#18666 8 years ago

It was John's crazy attention to detail, that resulted in us not having a zidware pinball today.

That, and fraud, deceipt, manipultion. Etc Etc.

1 month later
#18737 7 years ago

18736 angry posts, and JPOP is still a free man, not refunding money

And always will be.

#18752 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Anyone figure out how much he was paying himself and his family out of the company each year before the money ran out?
Someone earlier reported a conversation earlier in the thread where JPop told them he had "never made this much money in pinball before" (or something like that) when the preorder money started coming in. This was the problem, he viewed the preorder money as his money and not money he would zealously protect to ensure available funds would be ready for manufacture.
The fact that he is now blaming his preorder customers for his squandering of their money is shameful beyond measure. His attorney should be just as ashamed of himself as JPop.

Attorney and shame, lol That's a good one!!!

3 weeks later
#18833 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

It really depends on how shrewd his legal defense is. There are many shades of grey. He could easily be found innocent. Why do you think he continued to show games available for ordering? Just because he sent a letter stating he couldn't get games produced does not mean he didn't keep trying to "find a way to get it done". He was under no obligation to send another letter out the moment he found a new way to accomplish this.
For the record, I feel he's a worthless piece of shit and have no interest in his Zidware machines and never have.

Unless he had a set delivery date, nothing is breached. He can go to court and state he is still working on it.

#18839 7 years ago

Cool, sorry for the misunderstanding. He definitely needs to feel the pain.

3 weeks later
#18913 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's crazy. I had no idea that Hennessey was having these kind of problems.

For awhile now, but looks like it's mainstream.

1 month later
#19019 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Kaneda, a sociopathic troll that just can't help himself. Trust me, he is reading this and turning beet red with anxiety and rage. How are you pal? Just go back to your TMNT bed, leave the nitelite on and go to sleep.

Probably stroking it..

1 week later
#19022 7 years ago
Quoted from Fulltilt:

Or maybe he's just keeping it up in semblance of intention to make "something".

Im sure that is exactly what he is doing, in hopes it keeps him out of trouble with the courts.

#19024 7 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

What would you do if you saw JPOP at Expo this year walking around? I wonder if he's that clueless that he would actually show up.

If I were someone who got ripped off, I wouldnt do anything "at the expo".

Certainly not advocating violence!

1 week later
#19039 7 years ago

Charlie way (go ahead and reverse engineer the PROC control board), Thats kinda shitty if it went down that way?

#19089 7 years ago
Quoted from KerryImming:

I hope no one actually believes this; it's not true. Even at $17K per game, 26 games was not nearly enough to completely redesign every piece of a pinball game (e.g. right down to custom leg brackets).

Thing is, HE might actually think he is still in business.

#19107 7 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This -> https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/kevin-kulek-shows-up-at-w-s-auction-today-91915#post-2694171
No one said anything? Let him talk about how he makes pins? Let him bid, buy and load games with nothing said with his friend right there $2K in the hole?
Sorry, I confront people who stole from me. I don't do anything illegal, but I let them know what trash they are and that they owe me.

Careful, that would be considered uncivilized by some lemmings in this thread. They will report you for inciting violence lol Seriously, he will haha.

Anyway, yea if he owed me money, there would not be a post or a vid... Just a talk amongts associates!

#19126 7 years ago

Hey now, Australia's finest food export is the bloomin onion!

#19196 7 years ago
Quoted from blue95:

WTF is a Bloomin' Onion? Never seen one in Australia.

Dunno, Outback crackhouse seems to have the Aussie market nailed! "Throw anotha shimp on the barbee!!"

1 month later
#20193 7 years ago

Im amazed that people think this sunk ship might be salvageable!!!!! Of course I hope so, but how can soo many believe at after what has gone down the past few years??

1 month later
#20403 7 years ago

Did I miss something? Has American Pinball pull out of working with jpoop?

#20427 7 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Distanced themselves at Expo. Said there was a lot of work to do on Houdini, layout wasn't right, designing new board sets as not using Zidware ones, Joe Balcer announced as employee to fix Houdini (he acknoledges it's nowhere near ready). Said they had nothing to do with MG except that they were contracted (by arrangement with JPop) to build it.

Ok thanks. I know the "reveal" at the expo was a disaster, but hadnt heard much since.

1 week later
#20441 7 years ago

As a nation, we have gone soft.. How the eff can this guy walk around, jerling people around, and no confronted, even in a non-violent situation?

1 month later
#20544 7 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I'm confused. How are there only 20 persons filing suit against jpop?
Or are there other groups lined up using different lawyers? Approx. How many of each game were originally offered or should I say deposits or full payments made towards?
1) mg
2)zombie land
3)Alice
250,000 is a large sum of money but I would have guessed the total would have easily been well over a million dollars. Best of luck to everyone involved and hopefully you will be reimbursed.

I think people are still hoping to get something, even if its a half baked POS game, as opposed to being out a shit ton of money.

3 weeks later
#21501 7 years ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Geez, at this point whatever it cost, Ka-needs-a-ttention can brilliantly write it off as a marketing expense for his podcast.
I mean, dude was a pariah around here for how many months, barely mentioned at all. Now everyone's foaming at the mouth for updates by proxy?!
Some like to say "you can't buy that kind publicity!" Well, apparently you can...

And now he is friends with the mods, so he is still able to post. That dude is smooth for sure.

#21756 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Actually it seems kind of childish to me.

Exactly.

Everything is offensive nowadays. Everyone is a victim.

Who's leading the charge vs. special K cerial? Special Olympics.

Ok back to watching longtime members peel the onion!

#21758 7 years ago
Quoted from cheshirefilms:

Dark corners on Facebook..hmm.
I suppose I don't find those places.
I know I definitely stay away from the politics as much as I can- as thats a vortex no matter where you are.
Perhaps Pinside could get rid of the pseudonyms- require face pictures- and see if that wouldn't help make the site more human-friendly.

Are You the NSA or what. We already have to do the bullshit verification here and you want us to post our face. GTFO. Let it go.

#21797 7 years ago

Sorry, I though the first part of the vid was hilarous! Special K, Confident AND Courageous LOL

#21851 7 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

Point. Well taken and very true......
Counterpoint. Sure it's perfectly respectable to defend in honor of someone or something. I do it myself. However, it comes to a point where everything cannot be sterilized, sanitized, and plain old vanilla. It just isn't going to happen.
This all came up in this thread because I have been calling Kaneda "Special K". I am being called out as being offensive for this. For god's sake Special K is the name of a cereal! Is that offensive too? It's a damn bowl of corn flakes! You know, if I was calling him Retard K, Mental K, then yes, climb all over my ass. This is light hearted ribbing of good ole Special K, a guy that has earned himself a lifetime ban from Pinside. But no, let's call out a guy because he is using the word "special" in a ridiculously perceived derogatory way. Wow, how harmful can I be? I feel sorry for that anyone would be that sheltered from reality as to consider calling that offensive. Please, get off my back and find something that really is offensive.
It's a shame that too many people like to pick battles where no shots have been fired. This isn't even a spit wad in a straw.
So, let's drop the Gaunlet.......Kaneda.......many times you have said "come on my podcast" in PM's to me". So here it is, let's go , put me on. I want to know if YOU are offended by the name Special K. No holds barred, I will discuss anything you want. Answer anything you want. BUT, I get the same freedom of questions back.

Apparently he wasnt, as he turned it around on that first vid, quite effectively I might add.

Special K, Courageous AND Confident!!!

Seems he can defend himself...

#22015 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

it's not the people bashing him giving him attention. he spent thousands of dollars and a fair amount of effort pretty much for the sole purpose of getting himself mentioned on Pinside. it wasn't bashers who brought him to the forefront of this conversation, it was people posting his videos and freaking praising him for indulging in his own narcissism. and make no mistake, in case anyone has forgotten, he is a dopey dim bulb, a textbook narcissist, and a serial liar. there's a reason he's banned from every community he's ever taken part in online.

it's not for Kaneda's stupid sake that people are objecting to that nickname. equating special needs children to Kaneda is hurtful and insulting to those children as a whole. maybe you should attempt to grasp the most basic element of the complaint before deciding to crusade against it.

you and i and everyone else knows your insult has zero to do with the cereal. you are referring to special needs kids. and you're only doing so because you think you probably couldn't get away with calling him "retarded", but it is the exact same intent. the cereal argument could not be any more disingenuous.
like i said above, you are equating kids who have problems and needs and conditions with a lying narcissistic douchebag. it's not Kaneda who is demeaned by your words, but kids like my son who will no doubt endure plenty of bullying as they grow up and perhaps even be called "Special K" themselves at some point. (i'm sure whoever does it will try out the cereal defense too)

Aren't you pointing out personality defects in him? So how do you know he hasn't been medically labeled as medically deficient, thus he can claim to be special. Seems like a lot of drama over nothing.

#22582 7 years ago

He's not bankrupt, officially yet anyway, and with the release of MG, I find it hard to believe the judge is going to make MG owners couch these games up years from now. Did RAZA or AIW have to buy MG to get either of those other games? If not, why would they not be seperate transactions, especially since Jpop did create an LLC. I really feel this is going to go nowhere, I hope I'm wrong..

#22642 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

"The Bankruptcy Code provides some exemptions from these rules to accommodate transfers intended to be contemporaneous, made in the ordinary course of business or to the extent they are made for new value, and others."
Ordinary course of business- I bought a pinball machine. I'm finally receiving it on Thursday.
If Ford went bust, would people who recently bought a car have to return them? That seems rather unlikely.
No way MG buyers lose their machines to the bankruptcy estate. We are not Kevin money squirrels, and we have receipts, contracts and audit trails. I'm also a RAZA buyer and one of the plaintiffs, and intend to be part of any legal actions and to influence them. Moreover, I live outside US jurisdiction. Finally, if necessary I would vigorously defend myself in court regardless of cost. I note that Keith's victories so far have been default judgments; they did not go to court. Thus, please let's put the preferential fuckery to bed.
Like others I waited 5.5 years for MG, which I thought would never happen. I'm not going to profit from MG either financially or for PR purposes (not selling it; not making videos with my gf). I actually want to help the community by assisting with Jim's code update. Yet 'folks' here want to take my machine away, and from other MG buyers. What a lovely pinball 'community' we have here! FFS...

Good luck with your MG!!

#22924 7 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

They did get a LOT of attention quick, can't deny that. However, if they simply hired Balcer (or any existing pinball designer other than JPOP) from the get-go, I think they'd have nearly the same attention but be 9 months ahead of the game. Unlike other startups out of basements, AP actually has financial backing.

Disagree. This whole fiasco put AP in the conversation, they had to correct course, but by God, the at least put out MG. I think they have a modicum of respect for that.l are at least a house hold name on pinside, as opposed to just another company trying to build pinball machines.

1 week later
#23073 7 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Perhaps for the right $(towards him obviously) , applejuice can release the source code. Then that could pave the way for repro MGs, with additional code & fixed mechanicals. Make repro MGs that are better and cost way less than the original! Pinball for the people!

I dont understand how this helps a whole lot. Seems there are shots to nowhere, mechanical pieces are missing, and it might must be a poorly thought out design. It seems like hes just soon put this in the past, unless someone pays him some ridiculous money to make the best of a shitty pin design.. And I hope someone does!

#23091 7 years ago

Lol rich dudes talking about gut busting pain. If it was so painful, you guys would be dumping it for what you paid.

For some, I am sure it was torture, for others, not so much!!

#23123 7 years ago

Buying 3 preorders for tens of thousands of dollars?

Makes me wonder how people stay rich...

#23218 7 years ago

Yea seems this title should be changed to now remove Houdini. Not fair to AP to associate this game with jpop any longer

1 month later
#23505 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You can bet he is logging these customer service calls (on things he can actually service) to show the judge someday in order to appear like a real business that doesn't deserve to have its owner tossed in the clink.

Now that was a classy and excellent response! I agree 100%

1 month later
#23585 6 years ago

Have any of these sold recently? If so, what was the price..

#23591 6 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

That "machine" (and I use the word lightly) has had the shortest 15 minutes of fame I can remember.
So at least there is SOME justice in the world.

How is this justice? People paid a lot of money for a box of blinking lights.

#23610 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Hadn't thought about that!
Should frame the check and hang it on the wall as a reminder not to throw money away in the future.
Edit: Then again, maybe I should just bury it and pretend this never happened.

6acfc2a64dec92a352663bf4195da0e4 (resized).jpg6acfc2a64dec92a352663bf4195da0e4 (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#23654 6 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

Yes, John "16 grand for a machine" Pop will pioneer a lower-cost machine.

One could say he is a pioneer in that field, super high prices..

6 months later
#23894 6 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

They were unemployed otherwise.. you think they have much of a pension from their previous jobs? They need to eat.

Nothing personal, just business!

2 weeks later
#23929 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

And why I can never support them.

Isn't it good he is working on the games that people paid for?

#23932 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

No its not. I'm one that lost and he keeps dragging it on and on. His designs are trash. Look at what he has done recently and you see it's all garbage. He's toxic and will ruin Deeproot. None of us can ever forget Jpoop and the dark spot he left on the hobby.
I have 0 confidence in Jpop ever producing a well laid out and fun game ever again.

But jPoop isn't Deeproot. If I had money with zidware, I'd be rooting for these guys all day long. Lawsuits will go nowhere, so might as well try to get something.

3 months later
#24148 5 years ago

Now that there are 4 pinball "manufacturers" have failed in the past few years, will the Pinball is hard defense work in court lol.

1 year later
#24298 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Zidware will presumably have little to no assets, and lots of debts. So the question will be whether the creditors find a way to pin the liability on JPop personally, or if Zidware quietly goes under and JPop just hums along at deeproot.

Oh, hes humming alright... prolly has the nicest set of kneepads out there..

2 years later
#24395 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I was a lurker on Pinside for a couple of years before I created an account. Around that time I remember hushed rumors of new, limited, "boutique" pins from JPop. They were reportedly very expensive by the standards of the day. Everybody was very close lipped about it. I heard mention of NDAs and a private buyers group. It all seemed very cloak and dagger. Then this thread arrived and started to shed light on JPop's shenanigans. I actually created my account so I could more easily keep up with my place in this thread!
Now, here we are 24k+ posts into the saga (yes, I read them all). I hope for some final vindication for all of the buyers, but suspect it will be small solace. At least it's an interesting story.

Are you aware of the various spin-offs?

#24430 1 year ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

These assets are unrelated to what he purchased via the deeproot stalking horse deal. I also doubt they would be of interest to him as the RAZA we saw at deeproot was redesigned from what was done at Zidware.
Also, big props and congrats to all involved who fought the good fight, stuck it out, and ended up coming away with something.

Turner could setup a traveling JPOP museum/history for his production, if it ever sees the light.

#24453 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:There was no room to be on the bus of 19 when you were riding RM's jock.

ZING!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation
Rubber/Silicone
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 49.99
$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Flipper parts
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Festus, MO
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements
Pinball Machine
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!
Plastics
Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
6,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greeley, CO

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.