(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,471 posts
  • 928 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 174 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

streamberry (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (8 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10424 8 years ago

Been reading all of this thread as of 3 days ago and one thing puzzles me. John is clearly a fraud because he was asking for pre-order money a few days ago on an AIW. The fact that someone is trying to protect him and is even willing to provide him with a job is strange to say the least. I would not want anything to do with him and try to loose every tie in with him.

Also the fact that that very person also claims that the financial situation of Zidware is not his concern makes me think he is not that smart OR has a hidden agenda. It seems to me they are making use of the fact that many people are willing to pay even more not to lose everything now. That is the very nature of man.

I feel very much for the people who are in this and hope for a resolution but I would suggest them to really asses the situation as if they had no money invested. Would you then agree to these terms or not. If not, do not sign anything or put in anymore money. Please be aware of the fact that nobody guarantuees anything (as far as I could find in all posts).

2 weeks later
#14526 8 years ago

My thoughts: boutique shops like these should be able to get pre-orders so they know where they stand when they are going to make big investsments. It makes their efforts viable. But we should all stop pre payments on those orders.

If the plan is good, and there are a lot of pre-orders, just let the pinball manufacturers to be go to a bank. They will provide the money, but they have also some leverage and can demand more info. Also, when something like this happens the only one that is responsible for the money is the owner of the shop, not the customers that have no say or do in the business at all.

As for TBL: I am Dutch so I really would like to see them succeed, but what worries me is - and it is said on this page already about Spooky - the only thing I really see them do is go to shows with their prototypes. That costs a LOT of money. Seeing that it was proven that they (DP) said they were going to ship the BoP 2.0 stuff (pictures of the boxes were shown) and later it was proven that there were invoices for the mainboards that had to be in those packages with a date on it that was months later, I really do not see how they are going to have enough money left to go to production of TBL. I think that is why they go to the shows: to get more money to proceed.

As I said: I really really want it to become a reality, but I also know how much money everything costs and if you get a lot of pre-payments at first the Sky is the Limit. Until it is all gone...

No pre-payments anymore from me. They can get a pre-order but thats it.

#14995 8 years ago

I want to share a thought:

Is this not the same as all other crowd fundings ? Basically there are three possibilitie with crowd-funding:

1: People that have an idea, crowd fund and succeed
2: People that have an idea, crowd fund and fail
3: People that have the intent to con other people, crowd fund and dont deliver. They succeed in their intent.

You won't know until its over what the intent was. If you get the product, then it was 1, if you do not get the product and get some kind of refund or in the worst case good communication and an apoligie and maybe some partial refund it was number 2, but when it all goes wrong, with no communication whatsoever and no refunds it sure looks like number 3.

Should all those people go to jail ?? In the case of number 3 I would say yes, but how can it be proven that it was not number 2 ??

I deeply loathe people that cause harm - physically or financially - to others but ultimately you choose to fund the project, no matter what the outcome. Nobody forces you to fund.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ronaldvg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=ronaldvg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.