(Topic ID: 92436)

John Popadiuk update thread……MAGIC GIRL, RAZA, AIW…..

By iceman44

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24,545 posts
  • 938 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 179 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_5216 (resized).png
IMG_5215 (resized).png
takemymoney (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 2.08.35?PM (resized).png
streamberry (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

34 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #7211 Zombie Yeti (Jeremy Packer), first post on the Magic Girl/JPop fiasco Posted by zombieyeti (9 years ago)

Post #20523 Link to legal documents with allegations & responses Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20526 Third amended complain document Posted by c508 (7 years ago)

Post #20532 Summary of complaints & responses in legal documents Posted by DennisK (7 years ago)

Post #20626 MG is now ready! Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #20631 Scott Goldberg mail on MG completion Posted by TecumsehPlissken (7 years ago)

Post #21819 Information on webpage dedicated to Magic Girl Code Features. Posted by applejuice (7 years ago)

Post #22024 moderation notice Posted by Xerico (7 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21545 7 years ago

Has anybody confirmed whether or not it's possible to get to the ramp?

2 weeks later
#23085 7 years ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

Right now, it is the Winchester Mystery house of pinball...ramps that lead nowhere, areas that are inaccessible, etc.

I know you were referring to MG here, but this is a GREAT idea for a next pin. Shots that look like they won't make it, but open at the last second, or have variable places the ball reappears after going through the subway. I love the ramps that disappear into the backbox ( like TWD I Think?)

5 months later
#23665 6 years ago

Man, it is f'd up to see these ACTUAL receipts and know this money got sent. Sorry guys :/

2 weeks later
#23668 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Is John still pretending he's building RAZA? What's he doing with his days?
The whole shipping MG out was to pretend he had everything sorted out and it was business as usual.

He's working on his AMZZING website, no doubt

3 months later
#23787 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Yep. There were two that I can think of that they shamelessly promoted as “ tonight, on a very special Diff’rent Strokes” in order to get by the network censors. The other was when Arnold took a swig of booze from a thermos in the boys bathroom during recess and blacked out. Coincidentally, that was the day that Nancy Reagan just happened to drop by the school to warn Dudley and Arnold to “just say no”. Jesus, Dudley had to go though some serious shit

The actor said later on that that was happening to him for reals with a family “friend”. That shit is the creepiest

2 weeks later
#23804 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

What?...are you kidding? John drew it!...He also invented Marvel....

LOL! I believe that’s a Joe Quesada sketch

4 weeks later
#23856 6 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

Everybody has to eat, and I'm guessing there are some regular paychecks on offer.

That would be my guess. Working at what you love even for a couple months or a year is better than spending that time in a boring job you hate

#23861 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Remember when Zidware was the real deal cause Jpop signed on?
Remember when Dutch Pinball "have their shit together!" because Roger Sharpe was drawing a paycheck?
Remember when Heighway had it locked down cause Barry and Dennis were involved?

If the nutjob in charge keeps writing the checks, 10k by Christmas!

#23868 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

10K/month salaries for the designers.

Hell, I could tolerate JPop for a couple of months for that kind of cash

2 weeks later
#23930 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Isn't it good he is working on the games that people paid for?

At this point, it's only good if he SHIPS the games people paid for. He "worked on" those games for 5 years already

#23940 6 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

» YouTube video

This is a variation on a REAL thing called the Dunning-Kruger effect. Those with the most limited amount of information think they are masters of the domain.

2 months later
#23988 5 years ago

Stumbled into this thread today - what a shocker!! Good job guys!’

#23992 5 years ago

Does JPop HAVE funds to recover?

And does this mean that deeproot is now liable for all this nonsense? Or st least that they don’t have the bird in hand they thought they had? Expect some major Trump Distancing Techniques pronto.

#23996 5 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Who knows. Can Deeproot use his designs? Does he need to liquidate his house and live in a van? Will this post hit 24 K? Will anyone buy a Deeproot pinball machine? Only time will tell.
I do want to go after Heighway big time. Maybe we can.

ABADA79A-FB0F-407D-9FD1-EE662101B369 (resized).pngABADA79A-FB0F-407D-9FD1-EE662101B369 (resized).png

#24071 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

JPP's future hinges on the success of POTC, that is exactly what I am talking about. Mark my words, there will be no physical #5 JJP pinball reveal at Expo this year, other than the possibility of a name/title release.

Where are you getting this information from?

#24114 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Mike, I believe you're projecting a bit. You've stated your "hatred" of many people with your anti-American, homophobic and racist statements, and then hide under the "virtue" of "not being politically correct". That's your choice and you're welcome to make it, but you can't turn around and get upset about it if your public statements result in people viewing you in a negative light. While you and some people might consider "anti-PC" as a virtue, plenty of other people see it as code for "I just want to be mean without consequence". I wouldn't have a negative word to say about your company if you, as the head of the company, didn't constantly put yourself out there with negative things to say about potential customers. You like to say that Gary and Jack "have opinions" behind closed doors, and somehow they're lesser people than you for not saying these things publicly...Noooooo! They're smart business people. You don't mix potentially catastrophic personal views when trying to sell a product, unless you're absolutely OK with decimating your sales.
I'm not the reason people don't post on Pinside. This is a hobby forum. People who work for manufacturers are running a business. They have no reason to be here, really...unless they consider this forum to be an important marketing tool. Stern has social media for marketing, and the fans provide them with "free marketing" here. You could use this forum for positive marketing, but you never take too long before you do the opposite. Don't blame me or us for that...take responsibility for your own actions.
One quick story: I hired an electrician from a well known local company. He's not in my house for 10 minutes or so, and he makes multiple racist statements like "you'll be glad you hired me and not some beaner". As a white man in a white man's company, he assumed he was with someone of similar opinion. He could not be more wrong. I scolded him for what he was saying and demanded he get out of my house. I've never done business with that company again and have guided others away from it. This is EXACTLY what you do, Mike. You assume you're in like company...that your statements will be seen as "funny" or "agreeable", when they're not. This is a teachable moment, Mike. Become a better person...for yourself & the sake of your business.

Not to pile on, but it’s like you were in my house the last time we talked with a contractor. He HADNT EVEN GOTTEN THE CONTRACT SIGNED when he started spouting off the same crap. Little did he know my wife (and therefore my kid) are of Hispanic decent, not to mention half my work buddies. Don’t let the door hit you in the butt...

#24136 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

When expectations are over 2000 units ? You bet your ass that is a failure.

Where are you getting these numbers from? Those are Stern numbers

#24137 5 years ago
Quoted from vdojaq:

JJP is NOT a boutique manufacturer. Spooky is a boutique manufacturer

I realize I’m piling onhere (sorry dude) - but Boutique means “sells a high quality product to a small number of customers”

3 months later
#24184 5 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

He may not have a choice, he's part of the deeproot team. Robert might have told him he has to show up. Of course he didn't show up anyway when he was part of the American Pinball team.

If I'm not mistaken, they had already jettisoned him by then

#24214 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

I am sensing a lot of anger and hostile feelings towards JPOP lately, it seems to have grown more intense following the news that JPOP would be attending. I wonder what the impact would be if JPOP were to take the first fifteen minutes of dr's seminar to address the issue head on? Would it be appropriate and would it help? Even if it allowed 100 people in the room to heal a little bit and to quit feeling like they wanted to strangle the man.
begin dream sequence ....
If he were to stay focused about his actions and the implosion of his company rather than aimlessly rambling. IF HE TOOK FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS ACTIONS AND HE APOLOGIZED PUBLICLY FOR THEM. Maybe he would say - Hi I'm JPOP and I was founder of Zidware. I presold 3 pinball machines based on my reputation and my background in pinball. I was actually developing 5 pinball machines and some web games when the money ran out. I took preorder money and mismanaged it badly. I didn't understand how to run a company and didn't realize I didn't understand. I also didn't understand how to build a game and never fully completed the design on any of these games. Some were so FUBAR'D they could never work. But once again I didn't know I didn't know what I was talking about. I was paid to design and build 3 games and I LIED ABOUT THE REAL SITUATION AND CONTINUED TAKING MONEY FOR THREE YEARS AFTER I KNEW THE COMPANY WAS INSOLVENT.
Now I would like to spend the next five minutes saying I AM SORRY to each and every person that was screwed, in as many ways as I can. (repeat for five minutes). Now that is the situation and I am sorry. I would like to ASK YOU TO CONSIDER FORGIVING ME FOR MY DISCRETIONS.
I have been sued every which way to Sunday and was recently ruled against by the court - meaning I owe refunds to those litigants. I know I know, it's all a real big mess that I made for myself. In order to pay those bills I now am working for deeproot. I am here today as their employee and they've asked me to come and to discuss my new pinball design.
wake up from dream -
I guess that would help me if it were sincere. As it stands, I have no idea if he is repentant. He gave a written apology a long while back and it wasn't that effective. How does he really feel about the situation? Does he accept the facts and did he learn anything?

LOL

2 months later
#24265 5 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Yes, he was there and as far as confrontations, people did not hold "back".
[quoted image]

Wow, still rockin’ the skullet too

1 year later
#24311 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

...Had RAZA come out when scheduled it would have been a head turner and really collectible. Pinball has just moved forward too much since those days. When you look at what has Deep Root has put together with the prototype RAZA next to a Jurassic Park or JJPOTC the difference is readily apparent, in my personal opinion.

That's quite a disappointment, given the hyperbole offered by DR about revolutionizing pinball, et al.

4 months later
#24325 4 years ago
Quoted from rosh:

I believe it was the online adobe magazine that the first educated us that Jeremy, was doing most of the Magic Girl Art, where most thought it was John's work that he had been showing. What was funny was John was surprised when it came out, but part of it was filmed at his place. Not sure how long after that Jeremy showed up here to share what he could.

Sort of indicates what kind of brilliant mind is at work here...

#24327 4 years ago

His art even from back then is STILL totally unbelievably good. I am so glad Stern picked him up, what a score. And hopefully he's finally getting paid! (all global pandemics notwithstanding)

#24333 4 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I wonder if John is still drawing a paycheck from Deeproot. Surely he was contract labor as opposed to an employee and he is not drawing a salary at this moment. Who can say though, the guy seems to land on his feet no matter what he does. He must be magical when giving a presentation one on one.

Energy, passion, and exuberance are critically important to giving an investor presentation, and while I wouldn’t have John up there trying to convince investors to put in for my autonomous trucking company, he does have “it” for pinball. It’s the follow-up...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Silver Spring, MD
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fitchburg, WI
$ 25.00
Rubber/Silicone
Maine Home Recreation

Machine - For Sale
Albuquerque, NM
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
PMP Amusements

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Other
Mod Magic!

$ 685.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 7,295.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 25.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Briarcliff Manor, NY
$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 33.25
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Maine Home Recreation

$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 45.00
Playfield - Plastics
Mod Magic!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jpop-update-thread%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6%e2%80%a6mg-raza-and-aiw%e2%80%a6?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.